How did your family handle nudity when you were a child?

7829V
This topic is 1152 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I’ve never seen my parents naked, my dad used to hang around the house wearing only briefs.

I’ve never seen my brothers naked either (except when they were babies and my mom was bathing them).

One time I went on a holiday trip with my uncle, aunt and cousins. And before going to the beach my uncle changed in front of us. I remember seeing his hairy dick. :-/ not a nice view at that age.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In years BAC (before air conditioning) it was normal for men to be at home in boxer shorts (the flys had snaps for that reason). Briefs fucked that up eventually. Slips were not uncommon for women but thin cotton dresses were more common. My dad would go naked around the house for a long time before taking a bath or after. Mom would only get mad if he came in the kitchen like that. Otherwise, absent daughters, it was a man's prerogative.

Edited by tassojunior

I saw both of my parents naked from time to time when they had showered and were getting dressed. They were pretty blasé about it. While they thought there was nothing shameful about nudity (they came of age in the 60s), they didn't parade around naked either. It was just part of getting ready in the morning.

We had a swimming pool, and Dad used to take a skinny dip each morning before work and swim a few laps. Again, didn't make a bid deal out of it, but I guess he figured it wasn't worth dealing with a swim suit for a quick dip. Maybe he picked that up from boarding school, as boys' swimming was still done in the nude at some schools when he was a kid. I never asked him about it though, so it's just a guess.

No nudity in my parents/family home although I never though anything of seeing my sister in her slip. She used to ask me, all the time, to zip up the back of her dress. Now in my sister's home things were somewhat different. Her husband and her oldest son NEVER went around the house naked. With her younger son it was a totally different story. I vividly remember, one time, being in her kitchen talking with her when the younger son, he was nineteen at the time, walked into the room drying his hair with a towel. He didn't have on a stitch of clothing. The conversation continued as if nothing unusual was happening. Suddenly the doorbell rang and he started toward the door as if to answer it . I can still hear my sister scream, "If you answer the door like that so help me God I'll kill you". We all burst out laughing and I went to answer the door

There was no nudity growing up & never got the birds & the bees talk either. I tell them I still don't know where babies come from ?. I did walk in on my dad while he was changing when I was in my early teens, he was blessed with length & girth. I walked in on both of my brothers jerking off (separate times) my older brother definitely got my dad's length maybe longer. I didn't really get a good look a younger brother, but I think he had a nice size.

Sorry this probably too much info.

I don't remember nudity being a thing in my house growing up. However, if I wanted to talk to my dad while he was in his morning grooming routine before work or on the weekends after he had finished yardwork, we would often talk as he took a shower. The fact that he was naked in front of me was never an issue. It was just an opportunity for some father-son time. (I don't remember my sisters having such talks with him.)

BuffaloKyle not all nudity is sexual by its very nature. If someone attempted to discuss child nudity in a sexual manner I would agree with you that it would be totally inappropriate. However, there hasn't been a single sexual nudity reference in this thread thus far.

Edited by Epigonos

I had three brothers, and no sisters. Never saw my mom naked, but did see her in her bra and slip a couple of times. As far as the rest of us, we had a one bathroom house, and shared bedrooms, so would occasionally see my dad or brothers naked, No big deal. Just part of living together in small quarters.

Also, my parents were from Europe where taking saunas was common, and during summer vacations, when we were kids, that was the only place to bathe, so the guys took a sauna together, where we were naked. Again, no big deal.

When I visited family in Europe, I was invited to take a sauna with the uncles, and the boyfriend of one of the uncle's daughters. Of course, we were all naked. It was a great bonding experience with family I had never met until that trip. After I did the obligatory jump in the lake after sweating my ass off, I was honored to be invited to sit on the liar's bench and have a beer, still naked.

Edited by bashful

In years BAC (before air conditioning) it was normal for men to be at home in boxer shorts (the flys had snaps for that reason). Briefs fucked that up eventually. Slips were not uncommon for women but thin cotton dresses were more common. My dad would go naked around the house for a long time before taking a bath or after. Mom would only get mad if he came in the kitchen like that. Otherwise, absent daughters, it was a man's prerogative.

That certainly wasn't common in my family, or my relatives. The only exception would have been walking to my dad's bedroom when he was changing clothes

Growing up in Italy it was definitely much more relaxed than here in terms of nudity. Nevertheless my parents never walked naked around the home, but nobody in the family was embarrassed to walk in briefs (me and my father) or bra and slips (mom and sisters) in the morning.

Twenty years ago me and my then bf brought my mother (then 75) and my sister (then 50) to Mykonos (yes!) for a couple of weeks. We went towards the end of May so it was still very quiet related to the summer very busy months. Being early morning people we would go to look for the best beaches by car. We found the famous nude gay Super Paradise Beach SO beautiful and empty at 9 am when all the gays were totally asleep and would not arrive there before noon! Being used to nude beaches myself all my life (not my bf) I decided to take immediately my speedo off, even if the first day it was a bit embarrassing to do it in front of my mom..... My sister followed my example the second day and it was absolutely fine. My bf, even if he had a great relationship with my family, didn't feel at ease doing it. He actually had to leave few days before us, and when he did my mom one day just like that took her bra off and decided that she wanted to experience sunbathing and swimming topless. It was very cool!

Now when I go to Italy to visit her I always help my old mom to bath, and all the previous prudish and/or embarrassing feelings are of course gone....

BuffaloKyle not all nudity is sexual by its very nature. If someone attempted to discuss child nudity in a sexual manner I would agree with you that it would be totally inappropriate. However, there hasn't been a single sexual nudity reference in this thread thus far.

I was just worried about this thread going in that direction and someone getting in trouble. I'll just ignore this thread after this. Just creeps me out to talk about this stuff.

I was just worried about this thread going in that direction and someone getting in trouble. I'll just ignore this thread after this. Just creeps me out to talk about this stuff.

@BuffaloKyle Do you worry a lot? Here I think you are overreacting, but if worry is a constant in your life, well, I hope you can come to terms with it.