How did your family handle nudity when you were a child?

7829V
This topic is 1165 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

In years BAC (before air conditioning) it was normal for men to be at home in boxer shorts (the flys had snaps for that reason). Briefs fucked that up eventually. Slips were not uncommon for women but thin cotton dresses were more common. My dad would go naked around the house for a long time before taking a bath or after. Mom would only get mad if he came in the kitchen like that. Otherwise, absent daughters, it was a man's prerogative.

That was (and I hope is) unusual

http://ww2.kqed.org/pop/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2016/11/unusual-animal-friendships-cute-gifs-3__605.gif

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from the shower behind a locked door, nobody was nude in our house, though dad would walk from the bedroom to the bathroom in briefs. Typical for Midwest and it was only after I moved to California that I learned there were families comfortable with nudity. Actually, there was a Brady Bunch episode about that now that I think about it.

@BuffaloKyle and @JoeMendoza are you serious?....Talking about home habits, nudity when we grew up is creeping you out and/or disturbing you?...:oops:

I am not creeped out or disturbed about this thread in particular. I was applauding @BuffaloKyle for performing his due diligence in verifying whether the content still abides by the Terms and Rules of the forum, regardless if the concern was warranted or valid. Am I serious about wanting this forum to remain available for all of us to consume? Absolutely.