How Hot Are You?

Lucky

The high in Palm Springs yesterday was a record-breaker for the date: 121. (The highest ever recorded here was 123.) Today is supposed to be "slightly" cooler. We are going to get in the car and drive up into the mountains for the day, because it should be only in the low 90s there.

Pick me up before you leave!

I followed the temps at weather.com all day yesterday. They never reported a temp for Palm Springs higher than 118.

My area went to 119.

Are they so hot to set a record that they cheat? 121! Hardly. :cool:

Iselguy over the last ten to fifteen years southern Arizona and the San Diego area of California have become subject to summer monsoons. The warm moist air has been flowing north along the west coast of Mexico and up through the Gulf of California.

Thanks for the info.

Thank god it has cooled off here in North Orange County, CA. It has been in the 90's the last few days. Today it was in the low 80's with a nice breeze. Unfortunately it is supposed to be back in the mid to high 90's this weekend. I am currently leaving the house to walk at 6 a.m. at which time it is still overcast thus I avoid both the sun and the heat.

Edited by Epigonos

RealAvalon if I'm correct 28c translates to 82.4f. Here is Southern California during the summer heat 82.4 would be considered a delightfully cool summer day. Last week it was 35c and it's is most definitely going to get hotter than that as we move into August and September.

RealAvalon if I'm correct 28c translates to 82.4f. Here is Southern California during the summer heat 82.4 would be considered a delightfully cool summer day. Last week it was 35c and it's is most definitely going to get hotter than that as we move into August and September.

I'm just a weather weenie ;)

It was 28C here on the prairies today and was a gorgeous day. Still 23 at 9:00pm!Dont get a lot of these days so appreciated them when they arrive and no air conditioning here butgoes to 14 overnight so cools off nicely.

There is nothing nicer than a warm late evening of 20 degrees. And bonus here, we've got no humidity and no mosquitos. (But don't tell anyone.)

There is nothing nicer than a warm late evening of 20 degrees. And bonus here, we've got no humidity and no mosquitos. (But don't tell anyone.)

Cant say we have no mosquitos but haven't been really bad so can be out in the evenings:)

• 1 year later...
On 7/17/2020 at 1:14 AM, Islesguy said:

Upper 70s and low humidity and see point temps for two days in the NY metro area. Unfortunately, there's a heat wave come with temps close to 90 and stifling humidity this weekend. You take the good; you take the bad as they say.

You take them both, and there you have THE FACTS OF LIFE.  THE FACTS OF LIFE.

I am always hot and don't pay for electricity, so my A/Cs usually go on sometime in May and are turned off some time in late September.  They used to stay on 24/7 until I got a couple of units with remote controls.  (I have difficulty walking and a 19' living room and a bedroom with a lot of furniture to navigate to get to the a/c so it used to be too much of a pain - literally - to go turn them on/off.)

2314795.gif

Thus far the summer here is Southern California has been glorious. Overcast in the mornings until about 9 a.m. temperature between 65 and 70 - great for walking. Afternoons have been sunny and in the low to mid 80's. with very low humidity. Frankly it doesn't get any better than this. However, we still have to face August and September which are usually our warmest months. Fortunately I will be in England from September 2nd to September 15 and will hopefully miss some of our really hot weather.  We have a lot of problems here in Southern California but weather certainly is NOT one of them.

Here in Ontario, Canada, the summer has started off very nicely after a cool wet spring. Today it is 25C or around 78 sunny and a cooling breeze. Couldn't ask for nicer weather. 

One brother and his family are in Italy now and suffering a heat wave. Another brother is headed there at the end of the month despite my advice against going there in August. I did so once and wouldn't repeat.

And we have no Italian blood in us but love the country for its many wonderful attributes. Its hard to beat the weather in Eastern Canada in the summer. Very few heat waves and hope that doesn't change any time soon.