How Hot Are You?

Lucky

High heat is common across the US this weekend. Here in the California desert we expect to hit 114. Normally I would set the thermostat to 77, but with the A/C working so hard, it seemed best to give it a slight relief...78!

What is your thermostat setting? Is that your normal setting or is the heat causing a change?

I keep my A/C at 78°/79° throughout the day, and at night I turn off the A/C and turn on a floor fan for circulation. I live in the Northeast and this is working for me now, as we move into latter July and on into August, I may have to make adjustments.

I’m in Palm Springs where today it’s 110 F. My thermostat has been set to 73 F for three months now. My roommate is freezing and I’m still sweating! I pay the bill so he can wear a sweater.

Your electric bill is going to be huge!

In Dallas, high temps have ranged from the mid to high 90s, while dew points (or the misery number) have stayed in the mid to high 70s. Together these two numbers equal a hades like hot and humid swamp. Typical July weather in the South.

It's been a bit hot in Denver but not too bad...high 80s/low 90s most days with some nice afternoon clouds cooling things down. It's supposed to get into the upper-90s later this week though. But it's a dry heat here so it's actually not too uncomfortable. It was low 90s today and I went on a nice long bike ride. Slightly hot sure, but not scorching.

Detroit's got a week of 90+ degree weather ahead. I've always eschewed A/C in favor of fans, my old house has plenty of windows. I do have pity on the dog; it's a rough time to be a black dog. We went to the dog park today, completely empty, and she stayed in the shade in the shelter about 90% of the time, except for trotting over to bark at the shirtless runner going by. That's my girl.

Detroit's got a week of 90+ degree weather ahead. I've always eschewed A/C in favor of fans, my old house has plenty of windows. I do have pity on the dog; it's a rough time to be a black dog. We went to the dog park today, completely empty, and she stayed in the shade in the shelter about 90% of the time, except for trotting over to bark at the shirtless runner going by. That's my girl.

There was a UPS store I did a lot of business with that was owned by a group of women. In the hot weather they kept the ceiling fans turning slowly and the AC at 78. It always amazed me when I walked into the store how cool it felt.

There was a UPS store I did a lot of business with that was owned by a group of women. In the hot weather they kept the ceiling fans turning slowly and the AC at 78. It always amazed me when I walked into the store how cool it felt.

Your dog is smarter than mine: he will lie down in the sun on the grass outside when the temperature is over 100 degrees. This afternoon, when the temperature was 110, I tried to keep him walking in the shade, but he kept pulling me into the sun.

Your dog is smarter than mine: he will lie down in the sun on the grass outside when the temperature is over 100 degrees. This afternoon, when the temperature was 110, I tried to keep him walking in the shade, but he kept pulling me into the sun.

the US southwest's exotically-named "monsoon season" is much-anticipated by the locals as it brings fairly reliable rain and somewhat cooler temperatures, despite an increase in humidity......usually lasting until late August, the local joke is that it starts up right as you're starting to grill on the Fourth of July......

unfortunately, the forecast thru next Sunday is 0% chance of any rain and high temperatures of 108F/42C......

my AC is usually set for 78 in the daytime and 77 at night.....electric bill is set at $74/month year-round for a 1240 sq. ft. townhouse........I sleep on top of the covers with no sheet over me in the summer......and, if you're wondering, light loose cotton t-shirt and loose cotton gym shorts ;)

6499A__81026.1520315093.jpg?c=2&imbypass=on

Edited by azdr0710