How's Your Stash Of TP Holding Out?

Gar1eth
This topic is 1511 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

We have a convience store and have a number of stores around us and they're all out of tp. People are discovering that we have tp and are buying what they need because so many are mental and are hoarding tp and food. Unlike some we arent price gouging. We did raise the price a little just to slow down on the buying to make sure we can serve all that we can. I have enough tp in my home to last a while with just normal shopping.

Hugs,

Greg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Target was out of all paper goods on 03.12.20. Yesterday Whole Foods and Trader Joe's in my area were out. Today I rang Walmart which is around the corner from where I live. ...no toilet paper. ...guess I'll try some of our local supermarkets and ring Costco. We're on "stay in" in Monterey , California.

A relative was having trouble in Austin. She had looked for days. She went to HEB. She was there at 7:40 AM. It opened at 8 AM. She said there were over 100 people in line waiting to get in. She finally found some TP. I was lucky to find some TP yesterday at my local Walgreens and CVS. She said hers had been out.

Gman

I have 14 rolls of TP left, a small case of ass wipes from Costco purchased months ago, meat and veggies in the freezer, soup, tomato sauce, pasta in the pantry, but only 21 bottles of wine. Luckily, I haven’t heard of liquor stores running out of anything.

Cases expected to peak in 45 days. NYC desperately short of ICU beds.

Navy Hospital Ship Sailing to New York Harbor, Cuomo Says https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-18/navy-hospital-ship-sailing-to-new-york-harbor-cuomo-says

Actually the USNS Comfort is undergoing maintenance in Norfolk and won't be available for many weeks according to the Pentagon. USNS Mercy is located on the west coast and it is unlikely to be rerouted to the East Coast by next week. I wouldn't count on that promise...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/18/coronavirus-response-navy-hospital-ship-wont-be-ready-to-help-ny-for-weeks.html

Like, who decided it was “the toilet paper” that we were to lose our shit over? (Pun intended.) Of all the freaking things!!! Since this pandemic doesn’t even result in GI issues, does that mean that future pandemics which would, would actually result in a run on upper respiratory meds like nasal spray and Nyquil instead?

By the way, about 1/4 of the people with coronavirus do have some diarrhea. It is not a major symptoms but it is definitely a higher than expected association

By the way, about 1/4 of the people with coronavirus do have some diarrhea. It is not a major symptoms but it is definitely a higher than expected association

First time I’ve heard that.

It wouldn't be totally unexpected. A lot of viral syndromes can cause diarrhea.

Gman

In any case for our purposes, when Sears Catalogs graced the finest outhouses of the land, it was made of newsprint not the glossy paper of its latter years.

Gman

My mother-in-law tells me the same thing. She says as a girl in the rural Midwest their outhouse was stocked with the Sears Catalog.

I saw a warning somewhere today about flushing other kinds of paper, including some of the "flushable" wipes, because they can clog the system, and not having a workable toilet is a much bigger problem than running out of tp. The Sears catalog was OK as long as one didn't have indoor plumbing.

Edited by Charlie

I have 14 rolls of TP left, a small case of ass wipes from Costco purchased months ago, meat and veggies in the freezer, soup, tomato sauce, pasta in the pantry, but only 21 bottles of wine. Luckily, I haven’t heard of liquor stores running out of anything.
Trader Joes is concentrating on restocking food, not wine.

I saw a warning somewhere today about flushing other kinds of paper, including some of the "flushable" wipes, because they can clog the system, and not having a workable toilet is a much bigger problem than running out of tp. The Sears catalog was OK if one didn't have indoor plumbing.

https://www.today.com/series/one-small-thing/are-flushable-wipes-really-flushable-t151945

If I recall correctly it was JC Penney that had the hotter underwear models/better pictures...;)

That's precisely why I wouldn't use the Penney's catalog!

PS: I believe it was a Montgomery Ward catalog or newspaper insert in which there was a VERY visible outline of a guy's penis.

PS: I believe it was a Montgomery Ward catalog or newspaper insert in which there was a VERY visible outline of a guy's penis.

I remember the 1975 Sears fall/winter catalog had a guy in boxers that appeared to show the tip of his cock sticking out of his underwear.

~Boomer~

Ironically had the roommate/ex pick up TP a week ago before everything went crazy. I was doing okay but worried about food and then they closed all the restaurants and bars and I started to get nervous because I don't usually cook. Living in the big entertainment district of Columbus I'm walking distance to anything but today it was empty and a lot of places were closed. So a little worried and freaked out when the roommate came home with a TON of stuff from the store. He normally doesn't panic so seeing him like this is scary. But hey I won't starve, lol.

I just canceled my flight to Columbus tomorrow. I was down to two rolls of TP a month ago so I bought a twelve pack. On Sunday the grocery had no eggs, bread, or bananas. But it still had lots of asparagus for $1.48 a lb.

I just canceled my flight to Columbus tomorrow. I was down to two rolls of TP a month ago so I bought a twelve pack. On Sunday the grocery had no eggs, bread, or bananas. But it still had lots of asparagus for $1.48 a lb.

Not missing much in Columbus, lol. Although I have noticed a big uptick in Grindr and Scruff messages now that everyone is in lock down.

Edited by Guest