How's Your Stash Of TP Holding Out?

Gar1eth
This topic is 1507 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I've been at Walmart several times over the last few days, and I wasn't able to find things. I couldn't find any at a Kroger the other day either. I just went to CVS. They had them behind the counter under lock and key. (Ok I'm kidding about them being locked up.). One package to a customer. I bought the 12 roll pack that's equal to 48 regular rolls. As I don't want to endorse a brand here, I'm not going to mention that it's Charmins-:eek:!!

I have an unopened 6-pack also. I'm feeling pretty good, and, if you'll pardon the expression, sitting pretty-or at least I will be!!!!

Helen Reddy didn't have anything on me when she sang, " I can do ANYTHING!!!"

Gman

Edited by Gar1eth

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the beginning of the Great Toilet Paper Crisis of 2020 I had seven rolls of toilet paper, including a full roll in each bathroom.

I now have six and three-quarters of a roll.

Growing up using two sheets folded over instead of 20 sheets wadded up at a time has its benefits.

At the beginning of the Great Toilet Paper Crisis of 2020 I had seven rolls of toilet paper, including a full roll in each bathroom.

I now have six and three-quarters of a roll.

Growing up using two sheets folded over instead of 20 sheets wadded up at a time has its benefits.

While not trying to get too graphic, I have IBS. I normally buy the 6 or 12 roll package. And I was getting low. Plus I'm living in a rooming house situation with 3 other guys. I think I probably, at least at times, have to use the facilities more frequently than the other three guys. So I was supplying paper to our communal bathroom. I'm pretty sure I supplied the last two-maybe three rolls. I stopped being the paper-guy either yesterday or the day before. I've decided, as much as I'd prefer not to, that until things improve, it's going to have to be every tuchus for itself.

Who needs Russian Hackers to cause civilization to fall-the TP scarcity could do it all by itself.

And where's the darn Sears catalog when you need it?

Gman

Like, who decided it was “the toilet paper” that we were to lose our shit over? (Pun intended.) Of all the freaking things!!! Since this pandemic doesn’t even result in GI issues, does that mean that future pandemics which would, would actually result in a run on upper respiratory meds like nasal spray and Nyquil instead?

Like, who decided it was “the toilet paper” that we were to lose our shit over? (Pun intended.) Of all the freaking things!!! Since this pandemic doesn’t even result in GI issues, does that mean that future pandemics which would, would actually result in a run on upper respiratory meds like nasal spray and Nyquil instead?

My thoughts were-and I could be totally wrong-was that #1 people were afraid of being quarantined and not able to get it, or #2 if society totally collapsed hemorrhoids from rough paper would be the last straw that broke the camel's back so to speak.

Gman

My thoughts were-and I could be totally wrong-was that #1 people were afraid of being quarantined and not able to get it, or #2 if society totally collapsed hemorrhoids from rough paper would be the last straw that broke the camel's back so to speak.

Gman

I can think of a dozen other things before toilet tissue that I would have not wanted to be without. TP would be one of them, but keep am sufficiently supplied on most days for a couple weeks into the future. I think it’s the power of suggestion...there was a news report that TP wiped out somewhere, I assume, and it was off to the races. Wonder if I could convince everyone that it’s toothpicks that everyone is after instead??? ??

Edited by HotWhiteThirties

Like, who decided it was “the toilet paper” that we were to lose our shit over?

In the first couple of days of Australia's Great Toilet Paper Crisis I heard a psychologist explain that in a crisis, people want to feel in control and they latch onto anything where they can be 'in control'. What that 'thing' is can be completely random, and in this case, was it ever!

In the first couple of days of Australia's Great Toilet Paper Crisis I heard a psychologist explain that in a crisis, people want to feel in control and they latch onto anything where they can be 'in control'. What that 'thing' is can be completely random, and in this case, was it ever!

Most plausible explanation so far. Like a “security blanket.”

went into Trader Joe's this afternoon.....my first time in any grocery store or Costco in several days.......I don't think I've ever seen lots of empty shelves in a store before like today......looked like some Soviet scene from the 50s......

the clerk said they're stocked first thing in the morning and that there has been a bit of a line at opening time.......a sign out front said please limit yourself to two items of any "unit" and that we're all in this together......

went into Trader Joe's this afternoon.....my first time in any grocery store or Costco in several days.......I don't think I've ever seen lots of empty shelves in a store before like today......looked like some Soviet scene from the 50s......

the clerk said they're stocked first thing in the morning and that there has been a bit of a line at opening time.......a sign out front said please limit yourself to two items of any "unit" and that we're all in this together......

I'm the designated shopper for our household. We are sheltering in place otherwise. Having all the kids back under one roof is going to be fun if it's for more than a week or two. Costco seems very organized, at least the ones near us. Target, TJ's and Gelson's are too. Pavilions has been ok. Albertson's seems to be struggling with restocking. I know all of these because I've been fulfilling specific family orders and finding certain items tricky over the last week. We've been isolating for nearly a week now.

Edited by LivingnLA

Ironically had the roommate/ex pick up TP a week ago before everything went crazy. I was doing okay but worried about food and then they closed all the restaurants and bars and I started to get nervous because I don't usually cook. Living in the big entertainment district of Columbus I'm walking distance to anything but today it was empty and a lot of places were closed. So a little worried and freaked out when the roommate came home with a TON of stuff from the store. He normally doesn't panic so seeing him like this is scary. But hey I won't starve, lol.

While not trying to get too graphic, I have IBS. I normally buy the 6 or 12 roll package. And I was getting low. Plus I'm living in a rooming house situation with 3 other guys. I think I probably, at least at times, have to use the facilities more frequently than the other three guys. So I was supplying paper to our communal bathroom. I'm pretty sure I supplied the last two-maybe three rolls. I stopped being the paper-guy either yesterday or the day before. I've decided, as much as I'd prefer not to, that until things improve, it's going to have to be every tuchus for itself.

Who needs Russian Hackers to cause civilization to fall-the TP scarcity could do it all by itself....

I also have stomach issues, but I can manage it through diet and hydration, unlike with IBS.

...And where's the darn Sears catalog when you need it?

Gman

My dad saved the last three issues of the Sears catalog for me (I don't know why he thought I'd want it) and I still have them. The value for that stuff has fallen, so despite Sears the company not being worth sh$#, their catalogs might very well be!

I am not familiar with the Australian GTPC (Great Toilet Paper Crisis). Would you mind elaborating?

My dad saved the last three issues of the Sears catalog for me (I don't know why he thought I'd want it) and I still have them. The value for that stuff has fallen, so despite Sears the company not being worth sh$#, their catalogs might very well be!

I'm not really following this logic.

In any case for our purposes, when Sears Catalogs graced the finest outhouses of the land, it was made of newsprint not the glossy paper of its latter years.

Gman

Is there any other country with a fixation on toilet paper like the US?

I always get supplies from Amazon when there's sales and TP is the most frequent sale item so I have a lot. Amazon double-roll jumbo packs are big. Especially since I installed bidet toilet seats before Christmas. I was actually concerned about having too much. Funny how things often work out.

Now, about respirators.......

Is there any other country with a fixation on toilet paper like the US?

It's certainly a fixation here, it was the first thing to disappear off shelves and when it was gone people panic bought other things. Not cottage cheese, ffs! I've seen posts on the socials about toilet paper in Canada and the UK to start with.