How's Your Stash Of TP Holding Out?

Gar1eth
This topic is 1511 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I saw a warning somewhere today about flushing other kinds of paper, including some of the "flushable" wipes, because they can clog the system, and not having a workable toilet is a much bigger problem than running out of tp. The Sears catalog was OK as long as one didn't have indoor plumbing.

Yup, only toilet paper. It is produced to specifications that ensure that it breaks down quickly when it's in water. Tissues and paper towels are designed to be tough so they don't tear or dissolve while they are being used for their intended purpose, so they break down slowly in sewers and can block them. If you use anything other than toilet paper, don't flush it, put it in the bin.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just canceled my flight to Columbus tomorrow. I was down to two rolls of TP a month ago so I bought a twelve pack. On Sunday the grocery had no eggs, bread, or bananas. But it still had lots of asparagus for $1.48 a lb.

Yes Trader Joe's has the best fresh giant asparagus any of us have seen for $1.29. Perfect for grilling with cheese and garlic. One of the nice things that's happened.

With all this talk about Sears, Penney's, and Montgomery Ward catalogs, I realized that I still have some old International Male catalogs squirreled away in my nightstand for when my fantasies take a retro kind of walk-down-memory-lane turn. If I run out of tp, I suppose I'd turn to the stash in a pinch. Desperate times could call for desperate measures. Truly a sad sign of the times we are living in.

I saw a warning somewhere today about flushing other kinds of paper, including some of the "flushable" wipes, because they can clog the system, and not having a workable toilet is a much bigger problem than running out of tp. The Sears catalog was OK as long as one didn't have indoor plumbing.

A plumber once told me, with the exception of toilet paper only, if it doesn’t go through you, it doesn’t get flushed. I thought he was only referring to condoms.