@&*#ing Women Drivers!!!

samhexum

On 1/27/2023 at 7:49 AM, arnemgreeves said:

This trope creases me up. If women are, by the conservatives' angle, more considerate and nurturing, then they should be more careful on the road. They woiuld be less aggressive and less likely to take risks. 

This is true.  Women get into much more frequent accidents then men, but their accidents are less severe (fewer injuries or deaths than accidents caused by men).  Their less aggressive nature also means they're less defensive.  Don't ask me how they frequently hit parked cars and stationary buildings, science doesn't have an answer for that one yet.  But, they hit those objects at much slower speeds than men, causing fewer deaths from accidents.

• 1 month later...

MY APOLOGIES TO ALL THE WOMEN DRIVERS!

@&*#ing BOVINE Drivers!!!

• @purplekow:
  • a deer running headlong from who knows what crashed into the side of my car.  As I later learned the deer had no damage to its body but significant damage to its head and the police put it down.

this is the sixth car to which  I have had this happen.   One had a muffler from another car come through the windshield/ One had a tire fly off after having a flat fixed and the tire changed at a garage. In one I was bumped off the road by an intoxicated driver and drove up and then rolled down an embankment.  In one, a driver deserted his car in the left hand lane of a major four lane highway without flashers or any notifying item and I crashed into the rear of the car as I pulled out from behind a semi to find the car there, That was the one in which the company that owned the car replaced my car.  The more recent one resulted from my hood not being properly closed after having my oil checked while getting gas.  As I pulled out onto the highway and got up to speed, the hood was blown open and smashed the windshield.