@&*#ing Women Drivers!!!

samhexum

• 2 weeks later...
The examiner who approved that person for a driver's license should be located a publicly flogged.

If I had administrative editing powers, that comment would be moved to the fetish forum.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A Massachusetts woman was arrested and charged with dragging a man to his death with her car during an alleged drug deal on Christmas morning.

Susan Dixon faces charges of motor vehicle homicide, leaving the scene of an accident and driving to endanger in connection with the death of 33-year-old Felix Bonilla.

Police said Bonilla and Dixon, 58, were in the parking lot of a BP gas station in Worcester Monday morning for a suspected drug deal, Fox 25 reports.

As Bonilla reached into Dixon's car to hand her something, she suddenly reversed the vehicle.

Dixon crashed into a fence and utility pole before abandoning her car on the sidewalk and walking home.

When police arrived, witnesses were administering CPR to Bonilla.

The victim suffered neck, chest and abdominal injuries and later died at a nearby hospital.

Dixon pleaded not guilty to the charges during her arraignment on Tuesday.

Bonilla's family was present for the arraignment and denied the slain father was a drug dealer.

According to court records, this isn't the first time Dixon has been accused of dragging someone with her vehicle in that same BP parking lot.

Last year, Dixon met a woman at the gas station also for an alleged drug deal, Fox 25 reports.

Police said Dixon sped off while the woman was still holding onto the driver's side window. The victim eventually fell off the car, suffering a broken ankle, collapsed lung and bleeding on her brain.

In 2015, Dixon was accused of dragging another suspected drug dealer with her vehicle. She was sentenced to 90 days for both the 2015 and 2016 cases, the Telegram.com reports.

Edited by samhexum

I worked in insurance and the data is not at all clear. Women actually have MORE accidents, but because they are slower, the dollar value of damage is less severe. Guys are more likely to total the car, it's true.

What's clear, in the UK at least, is that men are the more dangerous drivers, when considering deaths and serious injury rates. By quite a substantial margin at that. It is now illegal in the EU for insurers to differentiate pricing based on gender, but before that was the case women enjoyed significantly cheaper car insurance.

A Massachusetts woman was arrested and charged with dragging a man to his death with her car during an alleged drug deal on Christmas morning.

Susan Dixon faces charges of motor vehicle homicide, leaving the scene of an accident and driving to endanger in connection with the death of 33-year-old Felix Bonilla.

Police said Bonilla and Dixon, 58, were in the parking lot of a BP gas station in Worcester Monday morning for a suspected drug deal, Fox 25 reports.

As Bonilla reached into Dixon's car to hand her something, she suddenly reversed the vehicle.

Dixon crashed into a fence and utility pole before abandoning her car on the sidewalk and walking home.

When police arrived, witnesses were administering CPR to Bonilla.

The victim suffered neck, chest and abdominal injuries and later died at a nearby hospital.

Dixon pleaded not guilty to the charges during her arraignment on Tuesday.

Bonilla's family was present for the arraignment and denied the slain father was a drug dealer.

According to court records, this isn't the first time Dixon has been accused of dragging someone with her vehicle in that same BP parking lot.

Last year, Dixon met a woman at the gas station also for an alleged drug deal, Fox 25 reports.

Police said Dixon sped off while the woman was still holding onto the driver's side window. The victim eventually fell off the car, suffering a broken ankle, collapsed lung and bleeding on her brain.

In 2015, Dixon was accused of dragging another suspected drug dealer with her vehicle. She was sentenced to 90 days for both the 2015 and 2016 cases, the Telegram.com reports.

I think she was also driving with a suspended license. I saw this report live.

In court on Tuesday, Ms. Dixon shielded her face from news photographers. She was arraigned on charges of motor vehicle homicide, leaving the scene of an accident with personal injury (death), driving to endanger, two counts of leaving the scene of an accident with property damage and driving with a suspended license (a second or subsequent offense).

Judge Mark Goldstein set bail at $35,000 and scheduled a pre-trial hearing on the case for Jan. 23.

I think she was also driving with a suspended license. I saw this report live.

In court on Tuesday, Ms. Dixon shielded her face from news photographers. She was arraigned on charges of motor vehicle homicide, leaving the scene of an accident with personal injury (death), driving to endanger, two counts of leaving the scene of an accident with property damage and driving with a suspended license (a second or subsequent offense).

Judge Mark Goldstein set bail at $35,000 and scheduled a pre-trial hearing on the case for Jan. 23.

Seems like shockingly low bail to me.

• 2 weeks later...

content.php?file=aHR0cDovL3NhZnIua2luZ2ZlYXR1cmVzLmNvbS9Nb3RoZXJHb29zZUdyaW1tLzIwMTgvMDEvTWdvb3NlLjIwMTgwMTEwXzc2MC5naWY=

A woman who drove head-on into other cars on a California freeway in an apparent suicide attempt has been charged with second-degree murder for killing the driver she struck, according to authorities.

Grace Elizabeth Ward, 28, of Red Bluff, suffered a broken leg in the Jan. 7 accident that killed 29-year-old medical student Ryan Folsom.

She was arrested Tuesday after her release from the hospital and remained jailed on $1.5 million bail, prosecutors said.

She was expected to be appointed a public defender at her arraignment, scheduled for Friday, according to Shasta County District Attorney Stephanie Bridgett.

Ward was heading north on the freeway in Redding when she crossed into oncoming traffic and allegedly attempted to kill herself by running into other cars.

“She intentionally was driving and swerving towards them,” Bridgett said.

While three cars were able to get out of the way, Folsom’s car was struck.

Bridgett called Ward’s actions a “selfish” decision.

“She made a choice, a purposeful choice to use her vehicle and driving in a fashion that was reckless and dangerous with a complete disregard” for other lives, Bridgett said.

Bridgett declined to say what Ward told investigators during an interview, or discuss details of her background.

Ward was also charged with three counts of attempted murder and three counts of assault with a deadly weapon for her alleged attempt to strike the other three cars, according to Bridgett.

She also faces a felony vandalism charge for damaging a median strip as she crossed into oncoming traffic, the district attorney said.

If convicted, she could face life in prison.

Folsom attended the University of Texas medical school in San Antonio and played football at Brigham Young University in Utah, where he studied neuroscience.

A GoFundMe page has raised more than $300,000 to support Folsom’s family — including his widow, who is pregnant with their third child.

Edited by samhexum

• 2 months later...

DEAR ABBY: My mom was involved in a serious car accident a while back that required multiple surgeries and hospital stays. She's still dealing with the repercussions.

The problem is that she doesn't seem to have learned from it. She still texts and looks at her phone while driving. It has reached the point where I refuse to ride with her or allow her to drive my child in her car.

I've asked her repeatedly to not use her phone while driving, but she seems to think she's invincible even after having proof she's not. What should I do to make her understand she's putting herself in danger again, not to mention those who ride with her? -- CONCERNED DAUGHTER

DEAR CONCERNED: Because your mother didn't learn after the accident she caused by not turning off her cellphone, it's time to accept that nothing you say will change her. Continue to refrain from riding with her or allowing your child to. And pray that if she causes another collision, she doesn't kill herself or someone else.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Here comes the bride into the cop car...

While en route to the altar Monday, Amber Young, 32, was arrested for reportedly causing a three-car crash in Marana, Arizona.

Authorities said they detained the bride — who was wedding-ready in her floor-length white gown — on suspicion of driving under the influence.

The pre-nuptials crash sent one person to the hospital with minor injuries, police said.

Officers apprehended Young at the scene and later released her after she submitted to a blood test.

“Don’t drive impaired. Till death do we part doesn’t need any help,” Marana Police Sgt. Chriswell Scott tweeted.

bride-arrested-on-way-to-wedding.jpg

It wasn’t supposed to be a drive-through.

A woman drove her sedan into the front of a Long Island restaurant on Sunday morning when she accidentally pressed the gas instead of the brakes, police said.

The 66-year-old female driver was heading east on Herzel Boulevard in her Mercury Grand Marquis around 11:30 a.m. when she mistook the gas for the brakes. The woman hit another vehicle near Little East Neck Road before driving straight into the front of Giovanni’s Pizza, a Suffolk County Police Department spokeswoman said.

Photos from the scene of the crash show almost all of the light blue sedan inside the West Babylon restaurant, underneath an awning bearing the pizzeria’s name and the words “Parking in Rear.”

A restaurant employee was taken to a local hospital after the Marquis drove over her foot in the midst of the mayhem. Two other occupants were taken to the hospital for evaluation. Neither driver was injured, police said.

No arrests have been made and the driver who crashed into the eatery is not expected to be charged.

Giovanni’s Pizza did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

car-crash-restuarant.jpg

giovanni-pizza-embed.jpg

Edited by samhexum

• 1 month later...

A Long Island woman was busted for driving with a startling 26 license suspensions, Suffolk County police said.

Jahnay Harley, 26, was driving her 2016 Mercedes-Benz west on Schleigel Avenue in North Amityville around 4:20 p.m. Monday when police saw her go through several stop signs, authorities said.

Cops pulled her over, conducted a check on her license — and found out it been suspended more than two dozen times.

As officers arrested her, the Amityville woman became agitated and spit at the cops, police said.

She was charged with aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, resisting arrest, obstruction of governmental administration and harassment.

1611288.gif

Police say a teenage driver in Minnesota trying to get her license crashed into the examination station.

Authorities say the 17-year-old girl inadvertently put the 2014 Chevrolet Equinox in drive instead of reverse at the start of the test Wednesday in Buffalo, Minnesota. When the girl stepped on the accelerator, the car lurched forward, jumped the curb and plowed through the front of the station in a strip mall.

Buffalo Police Chief Pat Budke says the girl was not hurt, but her car had significant damage. No one inside the office was hurt, but the crash damaged the building's brick wall and glass windows.

The 60-year-old woman who was giving the test was taken to a hospital with noncritical injuries.

image.jpg

http://synd.imgsrv.uclick.com/comics/cl/2018/cl180408.jpg

A Houston-area woman was released from prison Friday, 15 years after she was convicted of running over and killing her cheating husband.

Clara Harris, now 60, of Friendswood served all but five years of a possible 20-year prison term for the murder of her husband and fellow dentist David Harris in 2002, the Houston Chroniclereported.

She was released Friday morning from a women's prison near Waco, smiling as she climbed into a gray Ford SUV,KTRK-TV in Houston reported.

Her case made national headlines as it chronicled the stunning downfall of a prominent couple who owned several dental complexes, according to the Chronicle.

After confronting her husband's receptionist, with whom David Harris was having an affair, Clara Harris fought with her and hit her with her car.

That was nothing compared to the punishment her husband received, the Chronicle reported. The couple's then-17-year-old stepdaughter was in the car with Clara Harris and testified in court that she had run over David Harris three times.

According to conditions of her parole, Harris will have to avoid contact with her former in-laws, her stepdaughter and her husband's former mistress, KTRK reported.

In addition, she must live in Galveston County and wear an ankle monitor.

"Clara served more time than most similarly situated people," her attorney and family friend Emily DeToto said in theChronicle. "A jury spoke, and she's done her time. I look forward to catching up with her soon."

Edited by samhexum

• 1 month later...

A woman with 89 license suspensions and revocations was arrested on Long Island, authorities say.

Suffolk County Police say they arrested Dawn Taddeo after stopping her for traffic violations in Huntington, Long Island, Wednesday.

Taddeo, 49, was allegedly driving a 1996 Buick Regal on Pulaski Road without a registration sticker displayed on her windshield. When Second Precinct Patrol Officer initiated a traffic stop and checked Taddeo’s driver’s license it showed it had been suspended 89 times.

Suffolk police say it was also determined that the vehicle Taddeo was driving was unregistered and was being driven with improper or “switched” license plates.

Taddeo, of Huntington Station, was arrested and charged with aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle in the first degree. Taddeo was also issued summonses and the vehicle was impounded.

Taddeo will be arraigned Thursday at First District Court in Central Islip.

It is not immediately clear if she retained an attorney to comment on the charges.

Dawn+Taddeo+mug.jpg

2 Staten Island sisters, ages 10 and 12, race off with daddy's car, flip it, escape serious injury

Not even the best Father’s Day present is going to get a pair of Staten Island daddy’s girls out of this jam.

The two sisters, 10 and 12, are likely to get grounded for a long time after taking their dad’s car Thursday for a joyride, and flipping it in the middle of a busy Manor Heights intersection shortly after 2 p.m..

The girls were able to climb out of the Acura after it came to rest on the driver’s-side doors at Manor Road and Lincoln St.

It was not clear which girl was behind the wheel.

The sisters were being treated for minor injuries at Richmond County Medical Center, where they were joined by their furious father.

There were no charges, though police said a juvenile report will be prepared.

http://www.nydailynews.com/resizer/uOpPTSQ8NbTpwAmtOeoCRg7gWyQ=/1400x0/www.trbimg.com/img-5b22d89e/turbine/ny-1529010329-bsqfp6zc91-snap-image/2000

Two young girls (in pink) have a lot of explaining to do to authorities after wrecking their dad's car on Staten Island on Thursday.

Jonathan Jimenez said he was dumping trash from a nearby bagel store where he works when he saw the car wreck.

“I was shocked,” Jimenez said. “She made a very sharp turn and flipped the car. They jumped out very quickly.”

Jimenez said the Acura bounced off a Mercedes-Benz before it flipped over.

“I went over there to look,” Jimenez said. “I asked one of them if there was anybody else in the car. She said, ‘No, it was just me and my sister.’ ”

http://www.nydailynews.com/resizer/1nZlDW_744gC2FXIwU9oQvbQyp4=/1400x0/www.trbimg.com/img-5b22dace/turbine/ny-1529010887-fz0y2k71b2-snap-image

Luckily, the little girls who flipped the car weren't seriously injured. (Steven Sanfilippo)

Cops and first responders quizzed the girls, both dressed in pink, on the sidewalk about what happened. Video of the commotion showed two girls who appeared more frightened than injured.

One girl wore a T-shirt that featured a smiley face.

“It was the craziest scene I’ve ever seen,” said David Jones, who watched as a tow truck removed the vehicle. “It is crazy that two young kids were able to operate that kind of vehicle. Thank God no one got hurt.”

Even better... it wasn't the dad's car, it was his girlfriend's.

Edited by samhexum

Virginia State Police say a 15-year-old boy is dead after attempting a dangerous automobile stunt known as “hood surfing.”

Authorities say the incident happened Wednesday afternoon in Washington County in southwest Virginia.

Investigators say a 16-year-old girl was driving a 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier when the boy got out of the vehicle and crawled onto the hood with the intention of “hood surfing.” The term refers to riding on the outside of a moving vehicle, as sometimes seen in action movies.

Authorities say the car was traveling below the posted speed limit of 35 mph when the boy slid off the hood. The driver was unable to brake in time and the boy was hit by the car. He died at the scene.

The girl was cited for reckless driving.

An Indiana state trooper’s tweet reminding people about the state’s so-called “slowpoke” or “move over” law went viral Saturday.

Sgt. Stephen Wheeles, an Indiana State Police public information officer for the Versailles District, posted a photo of a car he pulled over for violating a law that went into effect in 2015 — going too slow in the left lane on the highway if a vehicle behind you is going faster, FOX 59 reported.

“I stopped this vehicle today for a left lane violation on I-65. The driver had approximately 20 cars slowed behind her because she would not move back to the right lane,” Wheeles wrote. “Again … if there are vehicles behind you, you must move to the right lane to allow them to pass.”

Wheeles said he was overcome with support, as many people expressed their frustration with drivers who go way too slow, some suggesting he move to their state, get a raise, or receive the Nobel Peace Prize.

IndyCar driver Graham Rahal tweeted: “This guy is my hero. Fast lane cruisers are one of my biggest frustrations!”

Former Dallas Cowboys quarterback and Fox Sports analyst Troy Aikman also tweeted his support: “Finally!”

“Wow … I am overwhelmed,” Wheeles said. “You all are amazing!! Just trying to do my part to make the roadways safer for the traveling public. Blessings …”

Wheeles also addressed people who had questions about the application of the law, with one person asking if it applies even if the “slow” car is going the speed limit.

“The spirit of the law is that since many people drive well above the speed limit, it creates an ‘accordion effect’ as traffic starts backing up behind the slower vehicle,”Wheeles said. “This is where many of our crashes occur on the interstates. It’s all in the name of safety.”

But he added in another response that it isn’t intended to encourage people to break the speed limit.

“This is in no way encouraging people to speed. Those speeders are definitely in violation, also. Vehicles all travel at different speeds. It was put in place to keep left lane drivers (or the family ten cars back) from getting run over by faster traffic while in the left lane.”

• 2 weeks later...

A topless woman in Montana is accused of taking a front-end loader for a joyride that ended with her crashing into a building across town, according to officials.

Great Falls Police said that 34-year-old Heather Houston allegedly drove the vehicle Sunday morning to Fox Hollow Apartments, where she plowed down a fence en route to pick up a shirt from her home.

The half-naked woman reportedly used the machinery’s arm and bucket to climb inside her upper-level apartment, according to the Great Falls Tribune.

“We can’t make stuff like this up,” Police Lt. Doug Otto told the newspaper.

Authorities said Houston stole the front-end loader Sunday morning from a business around 6 miles away from her apartment.

Houston’s neighbors took to social media to complain about the early morning disturbance.

“Got woken up to our TOPLESS upstairs neighbor driving an excavator into the building!” Molly Broxhold wrote on Facebook.

Police arrested Houston on suspicion of criminal mischief and criminal endangerment. Officials said there may be more charges filed against her.

• 2 weeks later...

A Canadian woman “stole” a complete stranger’s car following an almost unbelievable parking screw-up.

In late June, the unnamed woman rented a black Nissan Sentra from a company in Cornwall, Ontario.

Immediately afterward, she drove to Walmart and shopped before finding what she thought was her car in the parking lot.

The woman got into the unlocked car, pressed the keyless start button and drove off — oblivious to the fact it was a completely different vehicle to her own rental.

Keyless cars can be operated as long as the key fob is located inside the car, which was the case in this circumstance.

Not long afterward, a black Nissan Infiniti, which had been parked in the same lot, was reported stolen to local police.

That car’s owner had also been shopping in Walmart before realizing his vehicle had vanished.

In a lengthy Facebook post, the Cornwall Community Police Service warned motorists to never leave key fobs in cars when not in use.

They explained that for two weeks, the clueless woman “drove around and used the black car for her regular everyday activities” and only realized something was wrong after returning to the rental company to return the car.

“The woman spoke to the manager and commented about how unkept [sic] the inside of the vehicle was and the fact that there was a set of golf clubs in it as well,” the post read.

“The woman was not impressed and handed over the keys. The manager, now slightly confused, observed the keys to belong to an Infinity, a vehicle the woman did not rent.

“The manager … proceeded to ask her where she went after leaving the car rental two weeks ago. The woman informed him of her activities.”

The pair returned to the Walmart parking lot and the woman took the manager to the spot where she had parked her rental car — only to find it still sitting there as she had left it.

“The manager and the woman, who was now confused and a wee bit embarrassed herself, returned to the car rental company and contacted police, providing the information for the Infiniti and what took place,” the post stated.

“The Infinity came back as stolen on police systems as reported in June and…both the car rental company and the Infiniti owner retrieved their vehicles and there was a happy and funny ending to this story.”

But police urged drivers to take care.

“The moral of the story is this … please do not leave your key fobs in your vehicle when not being operated, you never know who might take it,” the post concluded.

“Folks, we just can’t make this stuff up!”

The hilarious post has received hundreds of likes, shares and comments from bemused Facebook users, with one posting: “That happened to me once. I got into the car and I noticed different objects on the dashboard, then I noticed I got into the wrong car. I was embarrassed,” while another added: “So both of them left their car unlocked and keys in it? Talk about a comedy of errors.”

An Indiana state trooper’s tweet reminding people about the state’s so-called “slowpoke” or “move over” law went viral Saturday.

Sgt. Stephen Wheeles, an Indiana State Police public information officer for the Versailles District, posted a photo of a car he pulled over for violating a law that went into effect in 2015 — going too slow in the left lane on the highway if a vehicle behind you is going faster, FOX 59 reported.

“I stopped this vehicle today for a left lane violation on I-65. The driver had approximately 20 cars slowed behind her because she would not move back to the right lane,” Wheeles wrote. “Again … if there are vehicles behind you, you must move to the right lane to allow them to pass.”

Wheeles said he was overcome with support, as many people expressed their frustration with drivers who go way too slow, some suggesting he move to their state, get a raise, or receive the Nobel Peace Prize.

IndyCar driver Graham Rahal tweeted: “This guy is my hero. Fast lane cruisers are one of my biggest frustrations!”

Former Dallas Cowboys quarterback and Fox Sports analyst Troy Aikman also tweeted his support: “Finally!”

“Wow … I am overwhelmed,” Wheeles said. “You all are amazing!! Just trying to do my part to make the roadways safer for the traveling public. Blessings …”

Wheeles also addressed people who had questions about the application of the law, with one person asking if it applies even if the “slow” car is going the speed limit.

“The spirit of the law is that since many people drive well above the speed limit, it creates an ‘accordion effect’ as traffic starts backing up behind the slower vehicle,”Wheeles said. “This is where many of our crashes occur on the interstates. It’s all in the name of safety.”

But he added in another response that it isn’t intended to encourage people to break the speed limit.

“This is in no way encouraging people to speed. Those speeders are definitely in violation, also. Vehicles all travel at different speeds. It was put in place to keep left lane drivers (or the family ten cars back) from getting run over by faster traffic while in the left lane.”

Years ago my parents were driving through Santa Barbara and we’re ticketed for speeding. On the return trip they carefully drove back watching their speed and were pulled over for going too slow. Not sure if they were ticketed. True story.