@&*#ing Women Drivers!!!

samhexum

On 1/21/2023 at 8:13 AM, WilliamM said:

Jokes about female drivers  are old fashioned now

I didn't know these were jokes.  They're just true stories.

On 1/21/2023 at 8:13 AM, WilliamM said:

@Unicorn

Most women drive now, serve in United States Senate (in 1970 there was only one female Senator, Margaret Chase Smith).

Jokes about female drivers  are old fashioned now

One can serve in the Senate and still be a horrible driver.

Our local state assemblywomen was tired of waiting in traffic, so she pulled out in between the cones and swerved around concrete barricades into blocked off lanes and into the construction area until her car fell into an open pit.  She thought she didn't have to follow the same rules of the road as the general public because she was an elected members of the legislature.

Then she unsuccessfully sued the local government for not having better barricades around the open trench in the middle of a closed-off section of road.

Edited by Vegas_nw1982

On 1/24/2023 at 7:50 AM, WilliamM said:

By the time Mrs Smith was elected to tjr United States Senate from Maine, her male office manager drove her to the Senate...

Thank God! 😂

1 hour ago, WilliamM said:

Didn't you mention your wonderful mother was a pioneer in attending elete medical schools?

I didn't remember having mentioned the fact that my mother was one of the first (the first?) women admitted to the Harvard Medical School. If so, I didn't tell the rest of the story. Being a good woman of the day, she gave up her spot to follow my father, who'd recently received his doctorate in engineering from MIT, and took a job with Bell Labs in New Jersey. Weren't the early 50s grand? She got her Ph.D. in epidemiology some 25 years later, after her 2nd husband died, and became an epidemiologist. 

11 hours ago, FreshFluff said:

.... if you want to fuck women drivers. 

I think you may be forgetting that this forum is for men who want the "Company of Men"...  Fucking women? 😂

Eww Gross GIFs | Tenor

Eww! Gross! | That's Kind Of Hot | Know Your Meme

Edited by Unicorn

8 hours ago, arnemgreeves said:

This trope creases me up. If women are, by the conservatives' angle, more considerate and nurturing, then they should be more careful on the road. They woiuld be less aggressive and less likely to take risks. 

The trope is pervasive, unfortunately. Perhaps women are more considerate and careful on the roads, less aggressive and less likely to take risks. Perhaps their bad reputation is a false narrative and incorrect stereotype carefully constructed by men to denigrate women, or to distract from who were actually the worse drivers. Just a thought. Of course young men aren't known for general recklessness and worse driving records. Not all young men, of course.

• 2 months later...

She stayed in her lane — by creating her own.

The hilarious moment a naughty senior citizen in England rearranged road cones in a botched attempt to bypass traffic was recently captured on video.

A video of her game of cones is currently blowing up on Facebook, with viewers joking that she was in a hurry to get to “bingo.”

“I couldn’t believe she was actually doing it,” Anthony Foulkes, who filmed and uploaded the incident, told South West News Service. “She had ants in her pants.”

Foulkes, who called the unidentified woman “very, very naughty” in his video voiceover, had witnessed the brazen act while waiting for workers to clear an accident near Colchester, Essex, in a stretch already hindered by construction.

The uproarious clip shows a row of cars sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic next to a lane that’s bookended by two sets of cones.

On the other side of the dividers is a lane with a lot less congestion.

All of a sudden, a gray-haired senior departs her car and starts moving the markers about like lawn ornaments in an apparent bid to access the fast lane.

In narration, Foulkes can be heard quipping that she is “too posh to wait.”

After creating a car-sized gap, she returns to her vehicle and attempts to drive through the newly created opening. 

Not only that, but the videographer believes that her cone configuration was “all wrong.”

“She should have staggered the cones so the gaps were on an angle so she didn’t have to make such a sharp left and then a sharp right,” he explained to SWNS. “She messed it up.”

He added that the driver was lucky the “hero” roadworker stopped her or else she might’ve been blindsided by an oncoming truck after entering the fast lane.

Viewers were quick to poke fun at the lady’s backfired travel hack.

“Stay in your lane ma’am,” joked one quipster, while another wrote, “Oh my goodness. The cheek of some people.”

“She’s gotta meet Doris in the pub for a big bingo night,” said a third.

Just as she’s about to turn onto the desired stretch of expressway, a road worker intervenes and forces her to reverse her car back into her original lane.

The apparently exasperated employee then returns the cones to their original positions.

Foulkes was none too impressed with the commuter’s brazen attempt at circumventing congestion.

“A lady of her age should know better; if it was a 20-year-old lad, then I’d understand it,” he scoffed. “She couldn’t even lift the cones.”

The commuter attempts to cross to the fast lane. The commuter attempts to cross to the fast lane. Kennedy News and Media

Bollocks!

• 2 weeks later...

NJ driver receives ticket after getting run over by her own car

A New Jersey woman was issued a ticket for driving an unregistered vehicle after she ran over herself with her own car in a bizarre accident on Monday night.

The 61-year-old woman had gotten out of her 2014 Lincoln in Warren County at around 7:30 p.m. without realizing that she never put the car into park.

She attempted to stop the car as it rolled forward, but she fell and the car ran over the left side of her body.  She suffered “serious” but non-life-threatening injuries. 

The vehicle continued rolling and eventually crashed into a 2016 Ford that was parked along the side of the road where it came to a stop.

• 2 months later...

11 minutes ago, samhexum said:

They said "...Officials also confirmed to the New York Post that there was no indication of impairment due to drugs or alcohol...". Well, smashing through two support beams would be one indication. Probably a more accurate statement from the officials would be that they declined testing her for impairment due to drugs or alcohol since she's a big star. Kind of like that BS with Tiger Woods in which he was obviously impaired but never tested because he's famous. 

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

A 4-year-old was uninjured Friday night after being run over by a golf cart after a dog laid down on the go pedal, according to fire department officials in Michigan.

The incident took place at a summer party called Blues, Brews, and BBQ in Westland, Michigan, which featured the participation of the fire department, according to department officials.

An arson dog for Westland Fire Department was sitting in a golf cart the department was using for the event when she jumped onto the floor and laid across the accelerator pedal, causing the cart to charge forward. Firefighters reacted quickly to steer the vehicle away from people and tents that fire officials were using, the fire department said in a post on Facebook.

"Unfortunately, before the firefighters could bring the cart to a stop and remove the key from the vehicle, it struck a 4-year-old girl and the passenger side front tire ran over her left leg," the fire department said.

Fire and paramedic officials examined the child for injuries and determined she wasn't injured but was just "visibly shaken" after the incident, according to the Westland Fire Department. Her mother declined additional treatment.

"Fortunately, the child was back to eating her popcorn within minutes of the incident and within 10 minutes of the incident was back to jumping in the fire department bounce house, which wound up being covered in popcorn vomit," Westland fire officials wrote.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, samhexum said:

8 minutes ago, Luv2play said:

That's a tragic story. 

If you take the headline literally, it would be even more tragic.  As written, it indicates that the elderly woman killed both Katharine McPhee and David Foster's nanny...  which brings up the point that that nanny position is an especially lucrative one - by the time the kid is old enough to no longer need one, David Foster will be old enough to need one.

I hope they throw that old woman in prison for the rest of her life and that the victims/survivors dry her out of every penny she's got. 

Elderly woman forcibly removed from residence, jailed days before 94th  birthday - National | Globalnews.ca

Family members who knew and did nothing also bear responsibility, as did the doctor if he was aware. It's certainly the law in California, and I'd hope elsewhere, that physicians/NP's/PA-C's are mandated to report to the DMV those who can't safely drive. It's not pleasant to tell people they can't drive, but innocent lives are at stake.

Edited by Unicorn

8 hours ago, Unicorn said:

I hope they throw that old woman in prison for the rest of her life and that the victims/survivors dry her out of every penny she's got. 

Elderly woman forcibly removed from residence, jailed days before 94th  birthday - National | Globalnews.ca

Family members who knew and did nothing also bear responsibility, as did the doctor if he was aware. It's certainly the law in California, and I'd hope elsewhere, that physicians/NP's/PA-C's are mandated to report to the DMV those who can't safely drive. It's not pleasant to tell people they can't drive, but innocent lives are at stake.

It is a very sad story.  I have known people in their 60s who should have given up their licenses because they could no longer drive safely in my opinion.  And some in there 90s who still drove amazingly well.  Perhaps drivers over 75 or 80 years of age should be required to have an assessment every 6 months by their doctor, since health conditions can deteriorate rapidly and a person may not even be aware of their own decline.  I once knew a person in their 80s who had developed pretty poor vision, and it was a requirement on her licence that she wear corrective lenses when driving.  However, she refused to wear her distance glasses because she thought they made her look too old.  After several fender-benders that were all her fault, she voluntarily gave up her license rather than wear her glasses.  A case of vanity triumphing over common sense.

On 8/15/2023 at 4:56 PM, samhexum said:

On 8/15/2023 at 8:12 PM, Luv2play said:

That's a tragic story. Unfortunately not all that rare but fatalities resulting from elderly drivers mishaps behind the wheel are.

On 8/16/2023 at 2:38 AM, Unicorn said:

On 8/16/2023 at 10:48 AM, CuriousByNature said:

It is a very sad story.  I have known people in their 60s who should have given up their licenses because they could no longer drive safely in my opinion.  And some in there 90s who still drove amazingly well.

We should have a sub-topic for DWE -- Driving While Elderly (meaning well over 65, of course, because 65 is NOT elderly, damn it!)

Runaway car slams into salon, misses patron by feet: see video

An elderly woman lost control of her car in Arizona on Saturday afternoon and crashed into a local beauty parlor, narrowly missing a patron in the waiting room — with the whole thing caught on video.

NYPICHPDPICT000025125644.jpg?quality=75&

Edited by samhexum
for shits and giggles

• 4 months later...