How old do you want to live to be?

samhexum

• 1 month later...

As long as i have my right mind. I watched/lived with my Fathers fight with Alzheimers I would not wish that disease on anyone.

I miss him everyday. But would not want him back . Sorry got of topic

i feel for you man....we are on year 2 with my pop being diagnosed with dementia. Video conferencing with him is heartbreaking. he is very smart and is good at covering it up but sometimes he gets stuck and watching him realize he can’t remember is so hard. he is also dealing with RA now so both physical and mental. makes me want to stop at 65

• 1 month later...

I'm missing my friends! Some have moved away...some have passed away...It's difficult to make new friends with similar interests. My husband is now 77 and I'm 72. We've been together since 1990 and have a great time together. He works long hours..I'm retired... I take care of the house and dogs....

I am fortunate....lucky....greatful...but miss my friends...?

I'm missing my friends! Some have moved away...some have passed away...It's difficult to make new friends with similar interests. My husband is now 77 and I'm 72. We've been together since 1990 and have a great time together. He works long hours..I'm retired... I take care of the house and dogs....

I am fortunate....lucky....greatful...but miss my friends...?

Congrats on being together for over 30 years! Does your husband want to retire or perhaps work part-time? Working long hours can be stressful (at least to me.)

Then again... hey if he loves to work, that's awesome! I just realized Joe Biden is age 78!

Edited by kingsley88

Congrats on being together for over 30 years! Does your husband want to retire or perhaps work part-time? Working long hours can be stressful (at least to me.)

Then again... hey if he loves to work, that's awesome! I just realized Joe Biden is age 78!

Thanks!...Tom loves to work....he's up at 6am every day....and home about 2p or so..then we have lunch together..he naps and I ride my bike for an hour....I nap at 4p....before supper....after we eat we walk our dogs ..watch TV til 9:30p....I stay up late watching TV and working on my Youtube Channel......

I stay up late watching TV and working on my Youtube Channel......

If you are hoping to make new friends, I'd make adjustments to those two parts of your daily schedule. Yes Television is amazing right now, but it's also just TV.

If 10 years from now you still hadn't seen one episode of Game Of Thrones, or whatever it is people are watching nightly, you will be no poorer.

I don't really know what a Youtube Channel is, though I presume it's a collection of videos you narrate. However, that's making relationships at a distance with people you likely won't meet.

Maybe by focusing on the things you enjoyed before Must See TV and your YouTube Channel became nightly routines it's possible you will make new friends to see offline when you have time and availability be that day or night. I may be wrong, but something to think about.

If you are hoping to make new friends, I'd make adjustments to those two parts of your daily schedule. Yes Television is amazing right now, but it's also just TV.

If 10 years from now you still hadn't seen one episode of Game Of Thrones, or whatever it is people are watching nightly, you will be no poorer.

I hope you're not including The Crown in that judgment.

"How old do you want to live to be?"

I cannot think of many things worse than to be the last one standing knowing you have outlived your family and friends.

Longevity sounds good but without family and friends, where is quality of life?

At 100, my mother remarked to me that having outlived my father, all her close friends, and almost everyone in her large family that she cared about except me, she didn't see much reason to want to go on living. Nevertheless, she had no choice. I have always thought that if I reach that point, I will find some way to end it, but I probably won't.