How old do you want to live to be?

samhexum

4 hours ago, sniper said:

Well a few stated have assisted suicide now so if you reach a certain age and have some conditions you would prefer not to progress, you can choose to not go on...

There was a beautiful story in the news recently about an elderly couple in Holland who had both reached terminal conditions and chose to end their life together holding hands during the assisted suicide procedure. I found that to be a very humane and beautiful way to go. Since we're all gonna go sometime.

14 hours ago, sniper said:

Well a few stated have assisted suicide now so if you reach a certain age and have some conditions you would prefer not to progress, you can choose to not go on...

I knew two people who made that choice last year, both in their 90s, whose partners had died during the pandemic, and who both had medical conditions that were making the remainder of their lives miserable.

12 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

There was a beautiful story in the news recently about an elderly couple in Holland who had both reached terminal conditions and chose to end their life together holding hands during the assisted suicide procedure. I found that to be a very humane and beautiful way to go. Since we're all gonna go sometime.

@WilliamM's reaction to this was 'so... what?'

• 2 months later...