Gay movie you liked

MassageDrew

Billy Elliott. It isn't a necessarily a gay movie but watched it again. I forgot that it really has many mature themes in it. I must admit (and this is only about 3 minutes of the movie in totality) I did not like. But the rest is charming and Julie Walters is great. The other thing that I must admit (only because I became afraid it made me a bit of a pederast, except I did not want to have sex with him) was that Billy's next door neighbor and friend was absolutely beautiful.

It has a nice LGBTQ message.

The movie and the live musical are both favorites of mine.

• 1 month later...

I watched "Your name engraved herein" last week on Netflix. Good gay Tawainesse love story that happened just after marshal law was lifted there. Great movie but was subtitled which I hate

I watched this tonight. It is one of the most depressing movies I have ever seen! Not since Old Yeller (1957) have I been so down.

But I saw Old Yeller 4 times as a child. I won't be seeing Name Engraved again. But the guys were cute.

I watched this tonight. It is one of the most depressing movies I have ever seen! Not since Old Yeller (1957) have I been so down.

But I saw Old Yeller 4 times as a child. I won't be seeing Name Engraved again. But the guys were cute.

I wonder if it's similar to the Bridegroom documentary released 7-8 years ago. That was one of the most depressing gay movies/docs I've watched. :/

Congrats on 38 years!

Theirs would have probably lasted a lot longer but the one died of aids:(

I remember watching Holding the Man and their depiction of an aids patient in the hospital/home was more graphic than any other gay movie I've seen before.

I rewatched Edge of Seventeen this evening. Great coming-of-age film, set in 1984. Awesome soundtrack!

Love that movie. I don't know why they didn't use the Stevie Nicks song "edge of seventeen" in it since it was from that era.

It is based partially on a true story and I saw it at a LGBT film festival in Detroit right after it was released and the writer did a Q&A

This movie is on Netflix and I really enjoyed it because I graduated high school in 1984 and have lived in the area all my life.

I don't know why they didn't use the Stevie Nicks song "edge of seventeen" in it since it was from that era.

Possible they couldn't get the rights. "Mask" used Bob Seger as the Rocky Dennis's favorite song because they couldn't get the rights to use Springsteen, which was actually his favorite singer.

• 4 weeks later...

"Other People" has a gay lead character and was written by a gay writer Chris Kelly, former writer at SNL. But it is not entirely a gay film. It's about a family dealing with cancer as well. Watched it on Netflix.

I love Molly Shannon.

She won a Spirit Award for it. It is funny, sad and ultimately poignant.

The cast is quite good. So many talented actors.

Edited by OCClient

A Single Man (2010). With terrific acting from Colin Firth - and beautiful Nicholas Hoult as every gay man's dream college groupie. Based on a novel by Christopher Isherwood it portrays one day (November 30, 1962) in the life of a college professor (George) who has recently lost his longtime partner and is contemplating suicide. And whenever I'm having one of those crappy days I remind myself of what George tells himself on November 30, 1962: "Just get through the goddamn day."

Sometime's that's the best you can do.

• 3 weeks later...