Gay movie you liked

MassageDrew

• 1 month later...

Thought of another good gay movie, "4 Moons".

Has a great "First Time" scene:

"Do you Want to?" "Yes, Do you"

"But Who does who?" "I'm doing you"

"What if it hurts? I better do you." "Fine"

"Alright if you want to, you can do me"

"Easy dude, I think it's not slipping in" "Got Any Lube?" 'No." "Some Vaseline or Cream?"

"Be Careful Please" "Yes" "It feels so good but I don't know if I'm hurting you."

"It does hurt but I kinda like it too." "Do you rather want me to pull it out and jerk off?"

"Take it out and I'll Kick your ass, you motherfucker." :)

Here's the review, I liked it more than she did: https://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/21/movies/4-moons-a-sexuality-drama-set-in-mexico.html

Here's the trailer:

"Easy dude, I think it's not slipping in" "Got Any Lube?" 'No." "Some Vaseline or Cream?"

"Be Careful Please" "Yes" "It feels so good but I don't know if I'm hurting you."

"It does hurt but I kinda like it too." "Do you rather want me to pull it out and jerk off?"

Here's the review, I liked it more than she did: https://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/21/movies/4-moons-a-sexuality-drama-set-in-mexico.html

Here's the trailer:

I thought the best part in the movie was the story of the young kid, and his father finally accepting who he was, and wanted to be sure his son could, if necessary, defend himself.

Here's the trailer:

Just saw it based on your recommendation. Liked it. Thanks.

Kevin Slater

• 3 months later...

Fassbinder's Fox and His Friends (Faustrecht der Freiheit) (1975) was criticized at the time for presenting the "gay world" of West Germany as shallow, but I don't find anything wrong with it. It is just the story of a simple guy who wins the lottery and thinks he finds love and happily-ever-after with a young "semi-otter", only to later realize he is being used for his money. The story isn't really about "being gay" so much as struggling to fit in. Also plenty of groovy '74 fashions here. Even in Morocco, El Hedi ben Salem sports the bright orange and white as he gives the two leads a wink. (Check out the heterosexual Ali: Fear Eats the Soul to see him buck naked. One of these days a thread should be started for him in "gallery".)

I just finished watching Fox and His Friends. One thing I noticed was how an important segment was quite similar to a scene in My Own Private Idaho, so much so that it seemed Gus Van Zant had paid homage to Fassbinder, or perhaps at least borrowed the idea of that fateful scene. I bought the Criterion Collection disc and will watch it again before deciding what I think of it. The extras are worthy.

Only seen parts of My Own Private Idaho, so now you have me curious. I noticed some scenes in Gus Van Zant's Milk also resemble Fox and His Friends to a degree, especially all of the garish color in the swinging seventies outfits and settings. In the commentaries, it was revealed that this film was quite biographical, but not in the way you think. The characters were in reverse. Fassbinder himself was actually more like Peter Chatel's Eugene in real life, sticking to his higher class family and crowd, while his character more closely resembled his own boyfriends off camera like Armin Meier (most famous for his short scenes in Satan's Brew) and the before-mentioned El Hedi ben Salem. They, not Fassbinder, were the lower class guys trying to fit in who couldn't. Meier sadly committed suicide due to rejection, not unlike what happened in Milk when Harvey was too wrapped up in his politics to cater to Jack Lira (Diego Luna).

I need a little help here. About 12-15 years ago I saw a gay-themed film on DVD. It was more or less a lighthearted comedy and I enjoyed it. But for whatever the reason, I just can't remember the name of it and its plot at all! All I remember was, the leading guy was a young man who was passing out fliers in Times Squares for Broadway or off Broadway shows in the summer, but most of the people already went to the Fire Island or the Hamptons. There were also some short flashbacksof the guy having sex. That's all I can remember. Do these scenes ring a bell?

I need a little help here. About 12-15 years ago I saw a gay-themed film on DVD. It was more or less a lighthearted comedy and I enjoyed it. But for whatever the reason, I just can't remember the name of it and its plot at all! All I remember was, the leading guy was a young man who was passing out fliers in Times Squares for Broadway or off Broadway shows in the summer, but most of the people already went to the Fire Island or the Hamptons. There were also some short flashbacksof the guy having sex. That's all I can remember. Do these scenes ring a bell?

Is it this one? I remember the female sidekick and something about her dog and peanut butter.

:p

One I don't think is listed is the Ritz with Rita Moreno. Old movie but good

Hard to believe that movie was released in 1976! The Ritz is an hilarious film, based on the hilarious Terrance McNally stage play. I have fond memories of being instantly impressed with the very young and then unknown (to me) Treat Williams! I have followed his acting career ever since. I must confess that I also had an immediate crush on him too! ;)

TruHart1 :cool:

One I don't think is listed is the Ritz with Rita Moreno. Old movie but good

The building on the northwest corner of 80th and Columbus was used as the exterior of the Ritz. I watched part of the filming. I remember the old cars parked as if 80th was a two way street. It’s one of two movies I rely on to restore my spirits after a particularly sad event. The other is Little Shop of Horrors first version.

Just saw this movie on Prime last night "Just Say Love"... Very interesting movie that pairs a straight with a gay guy, but then things start to change, and end's up being a case of 6 degrees of separation, and the end has a twist to make thinks happy with the universe... :)

Here is the Storyline from imdb: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1247397/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Physical attractions appear to be the obvious explanation for two people to become a pair. But are they really the reflection of something sublime, everlasting or dare we say, spiritual? Do relationships start in the bedroom or in the heart? In this male love story, the bliss described by Joseph Campbell and sages throughout the millennia is a practical option for finding happiness. As the camera delves into the character's minds and actions we find fulfillment on both a physical and spiritual level.

One of Dirk Bogarde's best performances.

According to legend, it helped start turning the tide of public opinion that culminated in the the law being changed a few years later. It's an outstanding film, with several fine performances...and it's all but forgotten today.

For anyone interested in "gay cinema," Victim was one of the films that started the genre. I don't hesitate to wholeheartedly recommend it, though it is a bit of a "police procedural."

Just saw this movie on Prime last night "Just Say Love"... Very interesting movie that pairs a straight with a gay guy, but then things start to change, and end's up being a case of 6 degrees of separation, and the end has a twist to make thinks happy with the universe... :)

Here is the Storyline from imdb: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1247397/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Physical attractions appear to be the obvious explanation for two people to become a pair. But are they really the reflection of something sublime, everlasting or dare we say, spiritual? Do relationships start in the bedroom or in the heart? In this male love story, the bliss described by Joseph Campbell and sages throughout the millennia is a practical option for finding happiness. As the camera delves into the character's minds and actions we find fulfillment on both a physical and spiritual level.

Watched Just Say Love on Prime based on your recommendation. I enjoyed it.

Actors were good. Was like a play on film and afterwards learned it was actually an award winning play.

I'd love to see this performed live.

http://img6.bdbphotos.com/images/orig/t/b/tbttle2edwl2e2wt.jpg?djet1p5k

Edited by E.T.Bass

La Cage aux Folles (1978)

"Renato (Ugo Tognazzi) and Albin (Michel Serrault) are happy that their son is getting married. Unfortunately, the bride's father is a die-hard conservative - and Renato and Albin are rather conspicuously gay. To ensure that the marriage goes off without a hitch, Albin uses his skills as a drag performer to play mom for a meeting with the in-laws. But, before long, both men learn that playing it straight isn't as easy as it seems!"

Mambo Italiano (2003)

"Angelo Barberini (Luke Kirby) lives at home and harbors a secret from his Italian parents, Gino (Paul Sorvino) and Maria (Ginette Reno): He's gay. Angelo's decision to move out surprises Gino and Maria because they believe that Angelo should only leave home if he's getting married. The trusted few who know the truth are Angelo's older sister, Anna (Claudia Ferri), and his secret crush, Nino (Peter Miller). As Angelo and Nino grow closer, their families get more and more confused."

Watched Just Say Love on Prime based on your recommendation. I enjoyed it.

Actors were good. Was like a play on film and afterwards learned it was actually an award winning play.

I'd love to see this performed live.

http://img6.bdbphotos.com/images/orig/t/b/tbttle2edwl2e2wt.jpg?djet1p5k

@E.T.Bass I'm glad you enjoyed the movie as well. Yes, within a few minutes of watching both actors in the first scene, I knew that I was going to enjoy the movie. I didn't know that it was based on a play, but the way the movie was constructed it felt as if they were acts in a play... It also reminded me of another movie similar in style called "Dogville" where Nicole Kidman has one of the main roles. That was also a good movie... Cheers!

One of my favorite movies -- not just gay movies -- is Victim, a 1961 movie from England...about gay men being blackmailed when being gay was against the law.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055597/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

Roger Ebert's essay on "Victim" as part of his "great movies" series....https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/great-movie-victim-1961

I believe these have not been mentioned yet:

"Four" on Prime... Another overall good movie. It includes Wendell Pierce from "The Wire".

"Geting Go, The Doc Project" on Prime... Fun movie of the making of a documentary on a Go-Go boy and falling for the guy in the process...

And one from Pedro Almodóvar that I've been wanting to watch for a long time: "I'm so Excited"