Gay movie you liked

MassageDrew

Love so many of these films. I especially like Burnt Money, Latter Days, Trick, and Pride. Films I've not seen mentioned here are Mambo Italiano, In the Flesh (about an Atlanta cop who falls in love with a gay hustler), and if..., a 1968 film by Lindsay Anderson.

Love so many of these films. I especially like Burnt Money, Latter Days, Trick, and Pride. Films I've not seen mentioned here are Mambo Italiano, In the Flesh (about an Atlanta cop who falls in love with a gay hustler), and if..., a 1968 film by Lindsay Anderson.

if... was rated "X" when Paramount released it in the United States. Probably for fear teenagers would imitate the rebellion they saw on screen.

Anderson was pretty subtle in how he staged the homo-eroticism, though.

On the other hand, nothing was left to the imagination with the heterosexual highjinks. Malcolm McDowell's technique with women must have influenced the 19-year old Bill O'Reilly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
WOW! Another gay-themed thriller with Colin Firth! The other star here is Hart Bochner when Bochner was at his hottest!!! :):);)

TruHart1 :cool:

Colin also did A Month in the Country with Rupert Everett. I believe that Rupert. Daniel Day Lewis, Colin Firth all played the lead role at one time in London West End prior to the film.

Colin also did A Month in the Country with Rupert Everett. I believe that Rupert. Daniel Day Lewis, Colin Firth all played the lead role at one time in London West End prior to the film.

I meant Another Country. Sorry guys. But a really good film. Apparently Rupert and Colin did not get along. Took them many years to make amends. Lol

• 3 weeks later...

In Theaters NOW, gay, and fantastic:

God's Own Country (it's a Scottish Brokeback Mountain with just as many sheep)

BPM (Beats Per Minute) is very french:

And, of course, the one EVERYONE is excited about (Gifted director, gifted screenplay writer, two talented actors, and based on a book many love) will be in theaters THIS WEEKEND!!!!--Call Me By Your Name:

The two young men in God's Own Country are MUCH more to my taste than the two more vaunted men in Call Me By Your Name; physically I mean; To each his own. There's no denying the acting chops of the CMBYN actors.

Here's a fun article about CMBYN:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/17/movies/timothee-chalamet-armie-hammer-call-me-by-your-name.html

I never get tired of Brokeback Mountain. I have the 2 disc collector set.

Ang Lee is really something and the cast and the writing. The scene I think about the most is Enis visiting the ranch. So little is said and yet so much is said. How Ang Lee got them to portray such emotions!

"Want a cup of coffee, don't you. Piece of cherry cake?" I get choked up each time I think of that scene, the parents' grief. The father's bitter disappointment. And then Enis heads up to Jack's room. How Ang Lee figured out those scenes might seem easy but I doubt many directors could achieve what he did with them.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_SOfSSqoXxvg/R5J86C1v2AI/AAAAAAAAAW4/EwUVghd-FsU/s1600/Cameo2.jpg

Much has been said about Call Me By Your Name. One of the many things I appreciate is how it portrays that men can be desirable without having an Abercrombie and Fitch physique. Elio was a beautiful young man. I beautiful, skinny young man.

A movie that rarely comes up, one that got ignored and IMO treated unfairly by critics is called Burning Blue. I own it and watch it again from time to time. Reviewers called it histrionic and ham fisted. I don't care. I like it. But I guess I'm easy to please, and maybe that's good. It's a military/DADT themed drama.

CvTWqGvWIAA3RYW.jpg

Edited by OCClient

Threesome (1994)

- as a piece of art, it's nothing to write home about. It has, however, advanced my development as a gay man...

Josh Charles plays a Eddy, gay man, rooming with the characters of Lara Flynn Boyle(Alex) and Stephen Baldwin (Stuart).

Some choice quotes:

Eddie: Gay sex, by definition, is better than straight sex.

Stuart: Get the fuck outta here! I would love to hear this.

Eddie: If you have male genitalia and you're sleeping with someone who also has male genitalia, then you have first-hand knowledge of how their equipment works. You know all the pressure-sensitive points. You know what buttons to push. If you're a man having sex with a woman or vice-versa, you never really know how they feel. You don't know if they really feel great or if they're just faking it.

Alex: If you're so hot on the idea, why don't you have sex with him?

Stuart: Taste of semen makes me gag.

Alex: How would you know? Whose semen were you eating?

Stuart: My own.

Stuart: Sex is kinda like pizza. When it's bad, it's still pretty good.

Threesome_ver1.jpghttp://www.projections-movies.com/images/threesome.jpg

275510_full.jpg

Threesome (1994)

- as a piece of art, it's nothing to write home about. It has, however, advanced my development as a gay man...

I enjoy Threesome quite a bit as well. The dialogue was fantastic. In the early to mid 90s it was fun to watch mainstream media test the gay, non AIDS, waters (the lesbian episode of Seinfeld, The Butchers Wife, etc.) Gay was hip.

How Ang Lee got them to portray such emotions!

"Want a cup of coffee, don't you. Piece of cherry cake?" I get choked up each time I think of that scene, the parents' grief. The father's bitter disappointment. And then Enis heads up to Jack's room. How Ang Lee figured out those scenes might seem easy but I doubt many directors could achieve what he did with them.

I admired how the movie handled this scene even better than the short story. In Annie Proulx: Enis steals the shirt. In the movie, when he comes down, he worldlessly asks her if he can have it and she wordlessly says, "I want you to have it." (maybe even "I sent you upstairs to find it"). Having grown up in a VERY rural place, I recognize those quiet, loaded, nods quite well.

Regarding "Threesome" it caused me to dislike Josh Charles. I hate when a straight actor who plays a gay character takes offense when asked if they are gay in real life. That was Josh Charles. No one forced him to take the role. If he could not deal with the aftermath then he should not have taken the role. He had to know that he would be asked about his sexuality.

In Theaters NOW, gay, and fantastic:

God's Own Country (it's a Scottish Brokeback Mountain with just as many sheep)

BPM (Beats Per Minute) is very french:

And, of course, the one EVERYONE is excited about (Gifted director, gifted screenplay writer, two talented actors, and based on a book many love) will be in theaters THIS WEEKEND!!!!--Call Me By Your Name:

The two young men in God's Own Country are MUCH more to my taste than the two more vaunted men in Call Me By Your Name; physically I mean; To each his own. There's no denying the acting chops of the CMBYN actors.

Here's a fun article about CMBYN:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/17/movies/timothee-chalamet-armie-hammer-call-me-by-your-name.html

Just a correction, God's Own Country is not set in Scotland, but in Yorkshire which is in England.

I admired how the movie handled this scene even better than the short story. In Annie Proulx: Enis steals the shirt. In the movie, when he comes down, he worldlessly asks her if he can have it and she wordlessly says, "I want you to have it." (maybe even "I sent you upstairs to find it"). Having grown up in a VERY rural place, I recognize those quiet, loaded, nods quite well.

That is such a lovely sentiment, R.H.