Gay movie you liked

MassageDrew

On 12/17/2020 at 9:59 PM, WilliamM said:

"Mario" about a gay soccer player in Germany. Early in the film he and another soccer player fell in love and lived together.

When he moved up as a player the rumors about their choice were everywhere. Mario followed his manager's advice and got a live in girlfriend. The actor who plays the soccer player roommate is very sexy..

Excellent

I watched "Mario" again this morning. One reviews complained about brief nudity consisting of "ass cheeks.". Given that those "ass cheeks" belong to German actor Arron Altaras from "Unorthodox" what is the problem?

• 9 months later...
On 4/2/2017 at 12:53 PM, WilliamM said:

I believe nobody has mentioned "Go" with Scott Wolf & Jay Mohr as lovers. I still watch the 1999 film about once a year.

I saw that whilst on a work trip in NC.  It was on a double feature with 10 Things I Hate About You, which starred Heath Ledger, whom I heard was also once part of a cinematic gay couple.

Two bits of trivia- Scott Wolf is the cousin of comedian Josh Wolf (best-known from CHELSEA LATELY) and Jay Mohr is engaged to the owner of the Lakers.

Lakers owner Jeanie Buss is reportedly engaged to her longtime boyfriend, comedian Jay Mohr.

Lakers owner Jeanie Buss and Jay Mohr attend a Lakers-Trail Blazers game at Crypto.com Arena on Nov. 30, 2022 in Los Angeles, California.

Buss-Mohr-copy.jpg?quality=75&strip=all&w=766

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, musclestuduws said:

This was the first gay themed movie I ever saw. Loved it. 

This is a masterful film.  I've posted Youtube Clips to it several times on this and earlier Forums.

Another movie by the same director is quite good as well, makes you want to move to Italy and make some lifetime friends:

As of now, I don't think it's available for streaming anywhere.  You can Torrent it. OR, much much better, you can order the DVD and own it for life:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00008ZZ8U?tag=letterboxd-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1&language=en_US

• 4 weeks later...

My favorite of all gay movies since 2000 that I can remember is probably God's Own Country. It seemed so much more authentic about how relationships start and have ups & downs: no steamy kisses in the rain, no running across airports to kiss amid crowds cheering. A lot quieter and less flashy than other movies, and more focused on people having lives beyond sex (in this case, working a sheep farm that was on shaky ground financially). But the romantic parts were hot too.

Saw this at The Grove tonight.  Nytimes was really lukewarm on it.  LATimes loved it.  I thought it was great.  It's being compared to Weekend (which I hated), but it's much better, and to the movies Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, Before Midnight (Loved all three), it's not as good as those movie.

Generally I dislike newer Gay Movies, they are often just too sappy and that's not what I go to movies to experience.  This was touching in a real way, not in a bullshit way.  If you've ever had an encounter with someone, sexual or not, and decades later thoughts of that encounter make you cry both happy and sad tears, you'll relate.  If you haven't, you'll relate.  Enjoy.  p.s. It's only in theaters now, but I presume it will stream fairly soon.  

Here is an interview with the two adorable actors:

On 2/25/2023 at 11:31 PM, Rod Hagen said:

Saw this at The Grove tonight.  Nytimes was really lukewarm on it.  LATimes loved it.  I thought it was great.  It's being compared to Weekend (which I hated), but it's much better, and to the movies Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, Before Midnight (Loved all three), it's not as good as those movie.

Generally I dislike newer Gay Movies, they are often just too sappy and that's not what I go to movies to experience.  This was touching in a real way, not in a bullshit way.  If you've ever had an encounter with someone, sexual or not, and decades later thoughts of that encounter make you cry both happy and sad tears, you'll relate.  If you haven't, you'll relate.  Enjoy.  p.s. It's only in theaters now, but I presume it will stream fairly soon.  

Here is an interview with the two adorable actors:

Wanted to see it this weekend but apparently no longer showing in theaters in SoCal.  😕

I agree about Weekend.  I don't appreciate it nearly as much as the critics.

11 hours ago, TonyDown said:

Wanted to see it this weekend but apparently no longer showing in theaters in SoCal.  😕

I agree about Weekend.  I don't appreciate it nearly as much as the critics.

That's too bad.  I'm sure it will be streaming soon.

Tar.

But it's way over the IQ of Hollywood just as Power of the Dog was last year. It's inconceivable to them that a sexual tension movie can show a lesbian as anything less than 100% perfect morally, anymore than that was possible for Power of the Dog. We must be depicted as totally  morally perfect or the movie, this one about cancel culture ironically, will be canceled.

I loved Coda last year. It was cute. It wasn't in the same league as Power of the Dog in any way. I love Everything, Everywhere and have watched it 2 or 3 times. On a plane trip I may pull it up again it has so many funny scenes and amazing satire. But Tar gets deep into the moral hypocrisy of the elite in a way that's uncomfortable for the "elite". 

• 1 month later...

Just watched/rented "In From the Side" on Prime Video, a British gay rugby team film.  "Following a drunken encounter, two equally attached men from a cash strapped and divided gay rugby club unwittingly sleepwalk into an adulterous affair but must conceal their growing feelings or risk destroying the club they love."   I'd recommend seeing it.  Believable mix of characters/personalities

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7947604/

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed this movie, and think a lot of guys here, too would like it (incidentally, the scene depicted in this photo with his holding the gun to himself never appears in the movie):

You can watch it for free with ads on Tubi, or for $3 on Amazon or YouTube. Also for free on subscription service dekkoo. 

Edited by Unicorn

On 4/11/2023 at 3:05 PM, Njguy2 said:

Just watched/rented "In From the Side" on Prime Video, a British gay rugby team film.  "Following a drunken encounter, two equally attached men from a cash strapped and divided gay rugby club unwittingly sleepwalk into an adulterous affair but must conceal their growing feelings or risk destroying the club they love."   I'd recommend seeing it.  Believable mix of characters/personalities

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7947604/

Very good. I really enjoyed parts of it. 

Most of all, I loved that it wasn’t about homophobia, AIDS, or coming out.

It was about men.