Gay movie you liked

MassageDrew

Tonight, in a theater, saw and very much didn't like, Good Grief.  I don't like the actors.

I know that the two main actors are beloved, so I'm probably wrong.  Hope you like it.

Trailer:

Movie:

WWW.NETFLIX.COM

An artist grieving the loss of his famous writer husband takes his two best friends on a trip to Paris, where they unpack messy secrets and hard truths.

I thought "Good Grief" was sweet but unsatisfying.  The writer could have used more feedback on the script.

Although it was somewhat clear what Dan Levy's character's issues were, that was not the case of his two friends.   

And while we saw a bit of how Levy's character, Marc, resolved his issues, we did not see how his two friends struggled with theirs and grew.  They just showed up at the end as better off.

(Also not happy that Marc's man in Paris, Theo, seemed to have been discarded.)

Edited by BillyMan

1 hour ago, BillyMan said:

(Also not happy that Marc's man in Paris, Theo, seemed to have been discarded.)

Poorly written, but I suspect we are supposed to think that relationship will continue.

Edit:  Oh wait, you're right, Theo wasn't at the gallery opening.  What a badly written story

Edited by Rod Hagen

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2023 at 8:39 AM, kingsley88 said:

I recently watched the movie "Always Us Strangers" starring Andrew Scott, Paul Mescal, Claire Foy, and Jamie Bell and recommend it. It's directed by Andrew Haigh and if you liked his previous work (Weekend, Looking) then you'll most likely like this one. 

I really enjoyed Looking but wasn't a fan of this one. It's just not how I experience grief and it came across to me as more stylized than authentic. But to each his own! And happy to support an earnest effort from Andrew Haigh (and my local art theater!) anyway.