Have you ever met any celebrities?

Shiloh
This topic is 1196 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Last week, Ivanna Trump was seated at the table next to me at a restaurant for lunch. She was very chatty and stopped at every table to say hello as she made her way to be seated. It was odd.

Full of the belief she is liked/loved by everyone, and not just By her dad ( natural for dads).

No, this was the ex wife Ivanna, not the daughter.

Her schmoozing with everyone does seem odd. I guess she got a warm reception.

Her first name is Ivana. :)

~Boomer~

Her first name is Ivana. :)

~Boomer~

Ivana refers to herself basically as “first trump wife” which she then feels gives her license to refer to herself as the actual first lady ;)

“”Ivana Trump is ticking off the first lady, after the president's first wife was asked about her relationship with her ex. In an interview with 'Good Morning America' Monday, Ivana said she speaks to her former husband every 14 days. "I have the direct number to the White House but I no really want to call him there because Melania is there and I don't want to cause any kind of jealousy or something like that because I'm basically first Trump wife," she said laughing. "I'm first lady, ok?"””

Anyway I saw Danny Moder on a jogging path in the Presidio a few days ago.....my new neighbors (I’m in Pacific Hts / they are Presidio Hts) have several homes & supposedly not in SF a whole lot......so far, I’ve only seen his wife, Julia Roberts, on the big screen.

Growing up in and around Hollywood, BH, WEHO, Studio City and Burbank, I've seen and met countless "celebrities" over the years. Personally I have zero interest in meeting or seeing someone that would be considered a "celebrity"...I have seen or heard all the stories, most of the so called celebrities, (not all) are as fucked up as the rest of us. :D Jay Leno being one of the exceptions...

Since I 've done a lot of work in the hospitality industry, I have had a lot of encounters with celebrities. I can't say it has made much of a difference in my life. I will say that one of my most interesting encounters was with Tammy Wynette. She came in a restaurant where I worked with a large group of relatives and family members. She was dressed in frilly lacy white dress trimmed with pink bows that looked like a little girl's party dress - it was completely incongruous on an aging C&W star with a whisky voice. She was very nice - talked and smoked literally non-stop - it was impossible to keep her ash tray emptied.

One time, I was catching a flight at SFO and ran into Ed Marinaro of the Hill Street Blues. We looked at each other, our eyes locked for a split second, he saw that I recognized him and that was that. He looked absolutely scrumptious in a nice western outfit - cowboy hat, plaid ranch jacket, jeans and western boots.

Edited by Rudynate

I’ve knowingly crossed paths with only one celebrity in my life and that was in the early 1980’s in St.Tropez when Bridget Bardot was seated with 3 of her friends at a table near me and my friend in a tiny restaurant in the old town. We were the only 6 guests seated at that point and no-one else was allowed in to eat following her arrival. So we had the whole evening watching her, discreetly of course, from several feet away. I speak French but she spoke in such a low voice I couldn’t make out a word she said. Her tanned face was incredibly wrinkled and she wore her grey hair in a pony tail. The glamour had vanished. She was living the life of a semi-recluse in St. Tropez and was into animal rights. I can only imagine what she looks like now.

A friend's story, but worth posting, I think. A friend was at an after-hours spot in the Alphabet (back when NYC still had an Alphabet City) when she ran into who she thought was her old high school crush. Quite inebriated, she confessed she had the world's biggest crush on him for all of high school because he looked exactly like actor Matt Dillon. The guy told her that she was mistaken, he wasn't her old high school classmate.

"Oh, sorry, so what's your name?"

"Matt"

Only after the fog of alcohol lifted did she realize she had been talking to Matt Dillon.

• 3 weeks later...

I rode an elevator at the Dakota with Connie Chung. There I met Yoko and Sean in the hallway. I also saw Rick M..... there once!

I've crossed the street next to Nick Lachey, another time asshole Kevin Bacon glared at me so that I wouldn't speak to him. I have walked down Fifth Avenue with Al Sharpton. At the theater I have seen Hal Holbrook, Joan Rivers (very friendly) and Donald Trump. At intermission, once everyone had sat down. Trump remained standing several minutes so that all could see him. I've had sex with an Award winning actor, met various politicians, had my picture taken with Lukas Ridgeston, flown with him and Johann Paulik, and knew Eric Rhodes before and after he was famous. You see a lot of celebrities at the theater. I was directly behind Oprah Winfrey as she exited the premier of that Bee Gees musical. Many on the street, such as Lauren Bacall. At restaurants I have seen Harvey Fierstein (on stage too) and Martin Sheen. (Cafe Un Deux Trois was a hotbed of celebrity sightings!)

This is all off of the top of my head. I can no doubt think of more, but you get the picture. If theater interests you in New York, you will see a lot of celebrities. Maybe even me! :)

Liza Minnelli. She entered the elevator a colleague and I were in descending to the lobby of the Clift Hotel in SF. It was just after Cabaret, and she was in a white glittery jumpsuit. She smiled and said "Hello, boys". When we got to the lobby, she stepped out and people applauded. When my colleague and I get to the street, he asked "Who was that?".

He was a very good pulmonologist....

I rode an elevator at the Dakota with Connie Chung. There I met Yoko and Sean in the hallway. I also saw Rick M..... there once!

I've crossed the street next to Nick Lachey, another time asshole Kevin Bacon glared at me so that I wouldn't speak to him. I have walked down Fifth Avenue with Al Sharpton. At the theater I have seen Hal Holbrook, Joan Rivers (very friendly) and Donald Trump. At intermission, once everyone had sat down. Trump remained standing several minutes so that all could see him. I've had sex with an Award winning actor, met various politicians, had my picture taken with Lukas Ridgeston, flown with him and Johann Paulik, and knew Eric Rhodes before and after he was famous. You see a lot of celebrities at the theater. I was directly behind Oprah Winfrey as she exited the premier of that Bee Gees musical. Many on the street, such as Lauren Bacall. At restaurants I have seen Harvey Fierstein (on stage too) and Martin Sheen. (Cafe Un Deux Trois was a hotbed of celebrity sightings!)

This is all off of the top of my head. I can no doubt think of more, but you get the picture. If theater interests you in New York, you will see a lot of celebrities. Maybe even me! :)

I've seen a few celebs at Cafe In Deux Trois. Haven't been there in a long time though.

I met Harvey Fierstein twice. The first time while waiting to go backstage at the play version of Twentieth Century. He was extremely rude to me and everyone. The second time was when he was in Hairspray and I was waiting backstage to meet a friend of a friend. Thankfully, he didn't remember me and was nicer.

I never got to meet Hal Holbrook when he was in NY doing one of his Mark Twain shows. I wanted to wait at the stage door for an autograph, but the guy at the door said it takes him a couple of hours to get out of his makeup. The guy suggested I leave a note and mail the playbill to the theatre. I did so and got my playbill back signed with a note. That was really nice of him.

Dame Kiri Te Kanawa

Robert Muldoon

David Lange

Cilla Black

Glen Campbell

Dame Joan Sutherland

Sir Richard Bongyge

Kylie Minogue

Guy Pearce

Jason Donovan

The Village People

Ian Thorpe

Heath Ledger

Russell Crowe

Jackie Weaver

Olivia Newton-John

John Travolta

Princess Diana

Prince Charles

Prince Edward

George Michael

Sir Elton John

Cher

Barbra Streisland

Rachel Griffith

Rick Stein

Toni Collette

Armisted Maupin

K D Lang

Bette Midler

One correction. Richard Bonynge does not have a knighthood.