Have you ever met any celebrities?

Shiloh
This topic is 1184 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I met the uncle of a HUGE celebrity. I was working at the check-in table for a car test-drive & interview and one of the guests had the last name of Viscuso and I asked him if he was any relation to Sal Viscuso, who played Father Tim, the object of Corrine's affection, on SOAP, and he told me he was his uncle.

My other celebrity encounters: A former friend and I traveled to Europe thrice. We stopped over in Helsinki for one night before going on to Leningrad. We got off the plane in Helsinki, walked into the luggage area, which had 2 carousels, and she pointed to the other one and said "Look-- it's (singer/actor) Gary Morris". It was.

Sometime after Courtney Cox was in Springsteen's Dancing In The Dark video, this same friend noticed her walking into Harrod's in London ahead of us. She was with Mia Sara, as they were filming a miniseries there. We wanted to follow Courtney humming the song, but alas, we lost them almost immediately.

About 20 years ago I walked into the pizza place around the corner from my building and saw David Krumholz. I was too scared to say anything to him because I knew he had murdered Kelli Martin when she was on ER. Even though I wanted to tell him I was grateful that he did that, I did not want to engage a homicidal person in a pizzeria. Plus, I was really hungry.

Edited by samhexum

I don’t mean to be unkind @samhexum. It must say more about me and my ignorance of modern ‘celebrity’ culture but I don’t recognize the names of any of the people you mention.

And perhaps strangely, I’ve no desire to Google their names. I prefer to limit my definition of celebrities as being the stars of cinema and (opera & theatre) stage.

About 25 years ago worked in the music industry (synthesizers) and met a number of musicians. The most memorable were Stevie Wonder and Christopher Franke (Tangerine Dream). Stevie because he was with his tech crew, everyone was very relaxed, and we were all trying to make new keyboards work. Christopher because we sat together one morning slowly emptying a glass bottle of coke, blowing across it - sampling and then mapping to a midi keyboard. Result was identical to a very old fairground calliope. Many years later met Boy George at a charity auction - he was in good form, quite funny and very gracious.

I don’t mean to be unkind @samhexum. It must say more about me and my ignorance of modern ‘celebrity’ culture but I don’t recognize the names of any of the people you mention.

And perhaps strangely, I’ve no desire to Google their names. I prefer to limit my definition of celebrities as being the stars of cinema and (opera & theatre) stage.

Courtney Cox was in a series called COUGAR TOWN and had been in an earlier, less-successful one called FRIENDS. One of her first career milestones was being in a music video by a musician (guitarist, I'm told) named Bruce Springsteen, but he's probably only known in his home state of New Jersey.

SOAP was one of the thousands of sitcoms with a gay character before 1980, who was played by somebody named Billy Crystal. I think he retired shortly thereafter, as playing a gay character probably ruined his career.

Gary Morris played a doctor who dated Julia Sugarbaker, who was married to theater star Hal Holbrook, who just died.

David Krumholz was in a TV show called NUMBERS, with an actor named Judd Hirsch, who was Timothy Hutton's psychiatrist after he tried to kill himself following the drowning death of his brother, Buck, which almost destroyed their parents Mary Tyler Moore and Donald Sutherland.

Edited by samhexum

I was once at the theater with...Donald Trump. Joan Rivers. Hal Holbrooke. They were in the audience with me.

Off-Broadway, I sat next to a guy with a Showtime TV show, I think, but not sure, Zachary Quinto. He was not friendly.

I've crossed the street with Nick Lachey and Kevin Bacon- separately. Bacon was an asshole.

I've walked down Fifth Avenue next to Al Sharpton.

It must say more about me and my ignorance of modern ‘celebrity’ culture but I don’t recognize the names of any of the people you mention... I prefer to limit my definition of celebrities as being the stars of cinema and (opera & theatre) stage.

I once rode an elevator alone with Connie Chung.

She's a news personality, @MscleLovr

In the same building I walked down a hallway with Yoko and Sean Lennon. We said hi.

She's allegedly a singer, he's her son, @MscleLovr

I was once at the theater with...Donald Trump. Joan Rivers... Zachary Quinto. He was not friendly.

A NY real estate developer, a dead comedienne, and a Vulcan (respectively), @MscleLovr

I've walked down Fifth Avenue next to Al Sharpton.

A reverend in NYC, @MscleLovr

Edited by samhexum