Is this a rude question?

I first contact providers using the Rent Men chat feature cause I don't like giving out my phone number until we connect.  I chatted briefly with a provider and then asked what his rate was.  He replied with his rate then 2.5 hours later he added "Budget shopping?"  I thought this was a little rude to ask.   I simply had not longed in to Rent Men to read his reply within 2.5 hours and he is 2 hours away so a visit would require some planning.  I was interested in traveling to see him but this response turned me off to seeing him.  

It is a foolish question.  I would have written back saying that I was planning not shopping for now but that question took him out of my plans.   If he responded I would not have continued the conversation unless the reply was an apology of some sort.  

Spontaneous excited  utterances are accurate indicators of character. So much so in fact, it's the very reason they are exceptions to the hearsay rule in court.

I wouldn't believe an apology.

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2024 at 5:14 PM, n2guysnatl said:

I first contact providers using the Rent Men chat feature cause I don't like giving out my phone number until we connect.  I chatted briefly with a provider and then asked what his rate was.  He replied with his rate then 2.5 hours later he added "Budget shopping?"  I thought this was a little rude to ask.   I simply had not longed in to Rent Men to read his reply within 2.5 hours and he is 2 hours away so a visit would require some planning.  I was interested in traveling to see him but this response turned me off to seeing him.  

Yes, it's a little rude in my opinion. Plus if that's what's in his mind, it can give you an idea of how it might go. He might want to give you Dollar Store treatment.

Edited by soloyo215