"Let them eat cereal!"

marylander1940

Who cares when someone chooses to eat cereal, if they like it?  The real issue is that Kellogg's cereals are significantly overpriced, a trend that started a long time ago.  If one wants cereal for dinner (or breakfast), one should look for alternative brands that don't cost so much.  Or, even better, learn to appreciate hot oats.  One can get high quality oats for 10-15 cents per ounce, which is much less expensive than any brand of boxed, dry cereal.  Quite frankly, a lot of food choices are less expensive than boxed cereal and more nutritious as well given that most boxed cereal is just some form of grain and sugar (with vitamins added so they can claim to be a healthful choice).

I also eat my pizza with a fork and knife; what of it?

I’d also like to remind all the cereal naysayers that Lucky Charms are magically delicious.

On 2/28/2024 at 4:09 PM, MikePDNA51 said:

There are a lot of ways to get free food. Churches and communities have food drives all the time. 

I was unemployed for eleven months until I found my forever job in in September19982..

While I agree with you,  long term unemployment  probably lends to depression especially for large families 

Edited by WilliamM

18 minutes ago, WilliamM said:

I was unemployed for eleven months until I found my forever job in in September 2982..

While I agree with you,  long term unemployment  probably lends to depression especially for large families 

Are you a time traveler? 

While I do find it fascinating that you can now get,  like a dozen different types of "Special K",   Cheerios and other  long time cereals,   I have enough of a time even eating them at breakfast.    They don't provide enough for much of anything at breakfast to last me.     Breakfast is a very important meal  and most of these fall short.

1 hour ago, ICTJOCK said:

Breakfast is a very important meal  and most of these fall short.

Exactly.

People seem to have forgotten the history of cereal.

It was marketed in the early 1900s as a way for Midwestern farmers to sell to people in poor communities who couldn't afford a real breakfast.

On 2/28/2024 at 11:18 AM, azdr0710 said:

This vaguely reminds me of David Cameron, then-PM of Britain, eating a hot dog with a knife and fork in 2015. Just a bit out of touch. 

image.png.8f22789448847f977fbf039fe4c1b7c9.png

I just don't understand why somebody shouldn't eat a hot dog with a knife and fork if that's what they want to do.  I wouldn't but that's just me.