How much does it cost to be a sugar daddy?

Quincy_7

1 hour ago, BSR said:

To me, this is like asking how much does it cost to have a car.  You can buy a 5yo Toyota Prius, or you can buy a paint-still-wet Lambo.

One time at Popeye's, I was able to eavesdrop on the conversation between a mid-50s guy and his 19-20yo companion.  Imagine my amusement once I figured out they were discussing a possible sugar arrangement.  It took all the self-restraint I could muster to refrain from jumping in and screaming to the kid, "Sugardaddy's treating you to Popeye's?!  RUN!!!"

Actually, my fiance's the other way around. He actually likes fast food, which I discourage. Occasionally I'll indulge with In 'n Out, but otherwise Subway is the closest I'll come to fast food. OK, the occasional Taco Bell. 

12 hours ago, Unicorn said:

Actually, my fiance's the other way around. He actually likes fast food, which I discourage. Occasionally I'll indulge with In 'n Out, but otherwise Subway is the closest I'll come to fast food. OK, the occasional Taco Bell. 

Taco Bell has a couple fantastic dishes.  Also, McDonald's Quarter Pounder and Fries is perfection, and if you like good-bad food there's no harm in having it once a year.

Edited by Rod Hagen

21 hours ago, BSR said:

It took all the self-restraint I could muster to refrain from jumping in and screaming to the kid, "Sugardaddy's treating you to Popeye's?!  RUN!!!"

Yeah, I'd take that as a red flag from the get-go.  

There is zero wrong with a shabby-chic aesthetic: We all have to pick our battles.  That said, if the meals you eat are the drive-thru, ultra processed, major chain fast-food garbage like Popeyes (or the like), you're missing out on the many mom & pops out there who make great burgers, pizza, skillet-fried chicken, chicken fried steak, biscuits and gravy, etc.  The food almost universally tastes better and you're doing the right thing by supporting a small local business.

You don't have to pick the worst choice available just to get the kind of food you crave.

Edited by BenjaminNicholas

16 minutes ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

There is zero wrong with a shabby-chic aesthetic: We all have to pick our battles.  That said, if the meals you eat are the drive-thru, ultra processed, major chain fast-food garbage like Popeyes (or the like), you're missing out on the many mom & pops out there who make great burgers, pizza, skillet-fried chicken, chicken fried steak, biscuits and gravy, etc.  The food almost universally tastes better and you're doing the right thing by supporting a small local business.

You don't have to pick the worst choice available just to get the kind of food you crave.

Given the choice, I would almost always pick the Mom and Pop restaurant.  The exception would relate to time of day, (late night in an unfamiliar neighborhood, I would opt for the drive through) or urgency (they call it fast food for a reason)

53 minutes ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

I’ll agree on independent spots having great fare and needing our support.

However, I don’t necessarily see a meeting at Popeye’s as a red flag. Sometimes a Starbucks, or a simple Applebee’s, or Chili’s is the “sugar baby’s“ request, somewhere where they are comfortable for a first meet. I always make sure my friends from Seeking are 100% comfortable for that awkward first meeting.

On 7/17/2023 at 10:54 AM, Rod Hagen said:

If you have something to offer instead of or in addition to money, it can be a partnership.  Don Bachardy was "18" when he and Isherwood (40?) met up, and were together decades until Christopher died.  Isherwood was never "rich", but was smart and interesting, to say the least, had enough money, a fucking awesome house in the end, and he and the AMAZINGLY beautiful Bachardy made a life together.

Digression:  Still kick myself for not posing for Bachardy.

I never knew much about Bachardy except that he was Isherwood's longtime partner. Just read the Wikipedia version of their two lives. Bachardy was very young when they moved in together but interestingly grew into a talented artist and person who could thrive living with another talented artist, in this case a writer.

I found Isherwood's later books written about Eastern mystics difficult and never finished them. His early work appealed to me and the only time I visited Berlin, I stopped by his apartment which has a plaque on it where he picked up the material for Berlin Stories.    

Edited by Luv2play

9 minutes ago, MikeBiDude said:

I’ll agree on independent spots having great fare and needing our support.

However, I don’t necessarily see a meeting at Popeye’s as a red flag. Sometimes a Starbucks, or a simple Applebee’s, or Chili’s is the “sugar baby’s“ request, somewhere where they are comfortable for a first meet. I always make sure my friends from Seeking are 100% comfortable for that awkward first meeting.

You mean, asking my potential sugar daddy to meet me at Daniel in Manhattan is a bad idea?

I thought hitting him up for the $20k monthly stipend would bookend the fifth course of goose fat terrine perfectly.

32 minutes ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

You mean, asking my potential sugar daddy to meet me at Daniel in Manhattan is a bad idea?

I thought hitting him up for the $20k monthly stipend would bookend the fifth course of goose fat terrine perfectly.

For a known winner like yourself, ok! 👍🏻 mind you the average university students I meet wouldn’t appreciate that! 

at a first meet with a very well-known provider years ago, we hadn't really nailed down the "donation" rate beforehand, so I handed over a somewhat-generous amount at the end of the meet......he quickly looked at it and returned about 20% of it to me........insisted......

at a later meet with the same guy, after walking the local upscale popular mall (mostly for people-watching), we went to the food court for lunch.....he'd never been to a Five Guys, so Five Guys it was.....fine with me

neither one of us has felt the need to be constantly impressing the other - or ourselves......

When I was 22 I accidentally wound up on a date with a billionaire. Well, he was an heir to family wealth in the billions. He was 24 and completely out of touch with my reality. I suggested our first date be at TGI Fridays. He was appalled at the accommodations. He chose our second restaurant and I had to meet at his house. He didn’t know the house’s address, just the house’s name. I had to ask people where do I find “chateau whatever” when I got in the area. I was so annoyed and it seemed so stupid. Until I saw the place. It was palatial with security, it was real money before I could even comprehend what real money was. I had to meet him there because we took his dad’s helicopter from his estate to the nearest city, landed on a sky scraper, took a private elevator down to a town car waiting just for us. It was wild. The whole commute was about 45 minutes, quicker than my drive to Fridays would have been. The relationship didn’t last, but I got a taste for the life I wanted for myself. 

The point of this is now that I have real money, I still prefer to let my sugar babies choose the restaurant, and often we find ourselves right back at Fridays. Lol 

6 hours ago, Rod Hagen said:

There's real money, and there's Fuck You money.  You gave up the Fuck You money!

This is a wholeeeeee other topic. This concept is something I actually learned from sugar babies and it’s really entertaining and interesting. 

For anyone that doesn’t know or isn’t familiar with the concept, fuck you money is having an amount of money where you can literally do an action to harm someone, usually out of spite, that they can’t afford to retaliate. Or, it’s an extreme show of grandiosity meant to invoke jealousy. This is the question I get asked most often now from sugar babies, even more than how did I get my money.  “Do you have fuck you money, or what would you do with fuck you money.”  It’s now one of the questions I ask too because it tells you a lot about a person. 

13 hours ago, Archangel said:

I’ll be a sugar baby for $150,000 per year, tax free, plus a car allowance, plus guaranteed 4 annual vacations, one per season, to mutually agreed destinations, an expense allowance for clothing, personal appearance care, plus contributions to an IRA in my name.

Sign me up!

The question, of course, is what do you bring to the table?

23 hours ago, Coolwave35 said:

fuck you money is having an amount of money where you can literally do an action to harm someone, usually out of spite

It’s interesting to me how the usage of certain phrases changes over time.

When I worked in finance (in the 20th century), the phrase meant that you had sufficient money to continue to live in the style you wanted whether you worked or not. Specifically you could say “fuck you” to your employer if something unwanted or undesirable was asked of you (as in my case, when I was up for partnership and it was suggested to me that I would afterwards help run the Chicago office).

7 hours ago, MscleLovr said:

It’s interesting to me how the usage of certain phrases changes over time.

When I worked in finance (in the 20th century), the phrase meant that you had sufficient money to continue to live in the style you wanted whether you worked or not. Specifically you could say “fuck you” to your employer if something unwanted or undesirable was asked of you (as in my case, when I was up for partnership and it was suggested to me that I would afterwards help run the Chicago office).

Interesting indeed. A companion i have been seeing for 2 years, fairly regularly called me over the weekend and told me he wanted to become my live in boyfriend. He wants to quit his job, sell his house and move in with me. I was dumb struck, first because he called me (we usually text!) and secondly because he thinks I have that kind of money that can support his fairly splashy lifestyle!  My only hope is to win the Mega Millions this weekend. 

To be clear: if I had the money I'd jump at the chance! 

5 hours ago, KeepItReal said:

Interesting indeed. A companion i have been seeing for 2 years, fairly regularly called me over the weekend and told me he wanted to become my live in boyfriend. He wants to quit his job, sell his house and move in with me. I was dumb struck, first because he called me (we usually text!) and secondly because he thinks I have that kind of money that can support his fairly splashy lifestyle!  My only hope is to win the Mega Millions this weekend. 

To be clear: if I had the money I'd jump at the chance! 

Maybe he's not expecting much? It might be worthwhile asking him what he expects. Just keep it real. 😉

2 hours ago, jessmapex said:

I would instead like to have a subscription to a provider service. Basic suscription plan would be: Pay $x a month for 2 visits a month, and 2 overnights per year. 😀

I have an arrangement like that with a guy that is on retainer. Whenever he is in my area, staying, or driving through, he just texts me to come home and he’s at my house waiting. It costs me $750 a month for the service.  No overnights though, because I really can’t stand him, but the booty is magnificent.