Don Lemon fired!

marylander1940

2 hours ago, Luv2play said:

Intrresting how the thread on Tucker just got shut down and this one on Don, who was fired at the same time, has not veered into political rants which got the Tucker thread nixed.

At least so far. 😆

Love him or hate him, Tucker Carlson wields great power & influence.  Trump didn't kick into gear about Covid until Tucker cornered him at a party and read him the riot act.  Jared Kushner was basically a shadow president in the Trump administration until Carlson excoriated Kushner on his (now defunct) ahow, for a few  reasons but most of all because Kushner actually hates Trump voters.  Shortly thereafter, Kushner was ushered out.  Second only to DJT, Tucker is the most powerful figure in the MAGA movement.

Don Lemon, on the other hand, is a zero in American politics.  Lemon himself thinks he's awfully important, but nobody else does.

12 hours ago, Luv2play said:

Intrresting how the thread on Tucker just got shut down and this one on Don, who was fired at the same time, has not veered into political rants which got the Tucker thread nixed.

At least so far. 😆

I don't find that the least bit interesting, because it's not the least bit surprising.

Tucker leans very conservative so of course he's going to attract the usual vitriol from the members here who just can't cope with anti-progtessives.

The very serious problem with that knee-jerk reaction to ALL conservatives is that some of them are making valid points that never get heard.

1 hour ago, pubic_assistance said:

I don't find that the least bit interesting, because it's not the least bit surprising.

Tucker leans very conservative so of course he's going to attract the usual vitriol from the members here who just can't cope with anti-progtessives.

The very serious problem with that knee-jerk reaction to ALL conservatives is that some of them are making valid points that never get heard.

That is true, but it also reflects the general reaction out there that Carlson's firing generated far more interest than Lemon's. Carlson had an agenda that everyone had views on. Lemon did not.

It's all very symbolic of the whole soap opera drama that the mainstream media has lured us into. Objective Journalism is non existant today. We are expected to huddled into two camps of pro or con. With progressivism or with conservatism and ignore the middle ground. (Which is really where most people dwell). Both these characters are players in the scam where we are fooled into believing that only the two extremes of opinion matter.

Edited by pubic_assistance
punctuation

8 hours ago, mike carey said:

That is true, but it also reflects the general reaction out there that Carlson's firing generated far more interest than Lemon's. Carlson had an agenda that everyone had views on. Lemon did not.

"Lemon did not" ... yeah, and water isn't wet.  Lemon openly hated Trumpers, championed the victimhood narrative, etc.  The difference is that Tucker Carlson rubbed you the wrong way whereas Don Lemon did not.  The other difference, as previously stated, is that Carlson wields serious power in American politics whereas Lemon is a total nobody.

Lemon's career will go the way of Chris Cuomo, now an "independent" journalist, a euphemism for "producing his own videos that nobody watches."

Tucker, on the other hand, will build a following even larger than Rush Limbaugh's.  Of course it will take some time, especially since he'll have to navigate a way around the non-compete clause of his Fox News contract.  But eventually Carlson will be followed by tens of millions whereas Lemon will be (very) lucky to reach tens of thousands.

10 hours ago, BSR said:

Tucker, on the other hand, will build a following even larger than Rush Limbaugh's.   But eventually Carlson will be followed by tens of millions whereas Lemon will be (very) lucky to reach tens of thousands.

I think that your prediction about Carlson is very possible and I find it totally sad and scary, thinking at where this Country is going...

BTW, I never liked Lemon, he could be totally forgotten and I will not care.

3 hours ago, Italiano said:

I think that your prediction about Carlson is very possible and I find it totally sad and scary, thinking at where this Country is going...

I wouldn’t over worry about that. The millennials and Gen Z will soon be the majority of the population and the country won’t be going in a more conservative direction.

.Donald Trump celebrating Don Lemon's firing on Truth Social Monday.

If not the dumbest, clearly in the top three. Candidates for the other two spots are Joe and Mika.

Don Lemon was a CNN affirmative action hire at a time the networks were looking to put black faces on the TV screen regardless of their qualifications.

Lemon is an unrepentant misogynist. He is pompous and arrogant. He was unnecessarily confrontational and belligerent. He made no attempt to hide his disdain for those whom he disagreed with, especially Trump supporters.

One not need to look any further then Lemon, along with Jake Tapper, Chris Cuomo, and Dana Bash, to name a few, to understand why CNN's ratings are in the toilet, and have been there for years. Kudos to Chris Licht for taking this step in his effort to clean up the mess left behind by Jeff Zucker. Still a long way to go. But it's a start.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

BoZo

Edited by BOZO T CLOWN

On 4/24/2023 at 4:09 PM, pubic_assistance said:

I miss the days of ACTUAL journalism.

American News is now all corporate brainwashing. Just choose your flavor of propaganda.

Nah, it’s not “corporate brainwashing.” ( What does that even mean?) Television “news” is entertainment. It has been ever since the demolition of the 1949 Fairness Doctrine by Reagan, in 1987. Network news divisions, previously independent, were folded into the same businesses producing “Hee Haw” and “Law and Order.” And that was that.

9 hours ago, BOZO T CLOWN said:

.Donald Trump celebrating Don Lemon's firing on Truth Social Monday.

If not the dumbest, clearly in the top three. Candidates for the other two spots are Joe and Mika.

Don Lemon was a CNN affirmative action hire at a time the networks were looking to put black faces on the TV screen regardless of their qualifications.

Lemon is an unrepentant misogynist. He is pompous and arrogant. He was unnecessarily confrontational and belligerent. He made no attempt to hide his disdain for those whom he disagreed with, especially Trump supporters.

One not need to look any further then Lemon, along with Jake Tapper, Chris Cuomo, and Dana Bash, to name a few, to understand why CNN's ratings are in the toilet, and have been there for years. Kudos to Chris Licht for taking this step in his effort to clean up the mess left behind by Jeff Zucker. Still a long way to go. But it's a start.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

BoZo

Cool. The racist take was missing up until this.

2 hours ago, Peter Eater said:

Cool. The racist take was missing up until this.

at least we got rid of the dude who put 1 million Black men in prison for life under his repeater crime bill because he didn't want his young daughter (who he was taking nude showers with) growing up in a "racial jungle".    what happened to him?