What was the first thing that ever made you feel “old”?

7829V

I do not know what Pinterest is, or Snapchat, or how to use TikTok, or find the good stuff on Instagram.

Verizon once game me a Samsung Gear VR Headset, but I didn't know how to use it, so it is still in the box. I checked just now and it is compatible with S6 phones, and I now have an S9.

I rarely know the names of singers or popular TV shows. Is that being old?

Edited by Lucky

I do not know what Pinterest is, or Snapchat, or how to use TikTok, or find the good stuff on Instagram.

Verizon once game me a Samsung Gear VR Headset, but I didn't know how to use it, so it is still in the box. I checked just now and it is compatible with S6 phones, and I now have an S9.

I rarely know the names of singers or popular TV shows. Is that being old?

Google is your friend to learn how to use any of these new apps programs and activities. Often that will lead you to a youtube clip on how to do something ... such a useful resource

there are some benefits of ageing ........ now let me think .....

thinking .........

thinking ..........

still thinking .........

There are some...

-A couple of bucks in the bank.

-A home, however small and humble, but in a decent neighborhood, that's paid off.

-No more expensive cars, but a newer average car, almost paid off (just two more years, yeah!).

-Two modest pensions, and social security, so don't have to get a job.

-Medical insurance from my former employer

-Yes, a couple of providers didn't warm up to this older, overweight guy, but those that did, WOW!

Like @Rudynate, I have always felt old. Or maybe I should say that I have always had an old soul and interests that did not match those of my contemporaries. I am told I look 10-15 years younger than my age, but my worldview and sensibilities are those of someone 10-15 years older. Yet I often still think I'm in my 20s, until I see someone who was born when I was already an adult walking around with kids of their own. That brings me back to reality pretty quick!

It doesn't mean you're in denial. It just means that you haven't allowed an age difference to isolate you from each other. But then, you allowed "reality" to ruin your "illusion."

I like to run around with men who are half my age. That doesn't mean that I think I'm just like them, or that I'm not as old as I am. It just means that I don't think an age difference is a reason not to have somebody as a friend.

Edited by Rudynate

• 1 year later...
59 minutes ago, Rudynate said:

A few years ago, I stopped to help a drunk who was lying in the middle of the street.  He looked up at me and said, "leave me the fuck alone, Grandpa."  Thing was, I looked younger than he did.

Some people.

"No good deed goes unpunished."

3 yrs ago I switched jobs. I had worked for the previous tech company for almost 13 yrs. In the new company almost everyone was younger than me and in tight jeans and speaking in acronyms that I did not understand. 

That's when it all dawned upon me. I wasn't the cool kid on the block anymore. I quietly logged on to my 401K management and turned my risk tolerance levels to a lower number. 

As a single gay man with no kids or any other younger relations around me, I never got accustomed to being the village elder.

6 minutes ago, The Big Guy said:

Being called ‘sir’ in a bath house. 

I was in a bar two weeks ago. The young guy ahead of me in coat check realized he forgot his money at home and did not have his credit card on him. I gave him three dollars for coat check. He said, thank you sir three times. I admit it made me feel like an old fart lol