What was the first thing that ever made you feel “old”?

7829V

The first time  I felt old was the first time I got a boss that was younger than me.  I was 41/42 at the time.  The new boss was around 35.  Up until then, I was successful at work and I was always considered the young guy doing great things.  Promotions and raises came...until they didn't.  I hated having a younger boss.  To make matters worse, he wasn't a very good boss.  I continued working for another 7-8 years and then retired at 49.  I'm 62 now and when I look in the mirror I don't recognize myself.  LOL.  

On 5/31/2022 at 9:47 PM, EZEtoGRU said:

The first time  I felt old was the first time I got a boss that was younger than me.  I was 41/42 at the time.  The new boss was around 35.  Up until then, I was successful at work and I was always considered the young guy doing great things.  Promotions and raises came...until they didn't.  I hated having a younger boss.  To make matters worse, he wasn't a very good boss.  I continued working for another 7-8 years and then retired at 49.  I'm 62 now and when I look in the mirror I don't recognize myself.  LOL.  

Retired at 49... 😂

Thank God we have immigrants.

Back to subject. I felt old (recently) when I mentioned IBM n a family gathering and nobody knew what it was.

Can't remember the first time I felt old

Edited by marylander1940

On 5/31/2022 at 6:47 PM, EZEtoGRU said:

... I'm 62 now and when I look in the mirror I don't recognize myself.  LOL.  

Rare Case: Man with Brain Disorder Can't Recognize His Reflection | Live  Science

I feel a song coming on...