Any good Netflix watches?

I have watched 4 episodes of the Crown so far. One of the highlights is the introduction of Diana, of course. At first I was not too impressed with the actress. I was surprised that I found her fairly calculating in the beginning. However, the actress Diana's performance in the scene between Diana and Camilla is really great. Is it historically accurate that Margaret (Princess) was rather against the marriage?

I’m up to Episode 7, liking it a lot. I too wonder about some of the “historically accurate” script, but I’m loving it.

(Dash & Lily cont'd)

Glad you enjoyed it. I liked it quite a lot.

Yes! The song River and all music sampled were very smart and pleasing IMO .

That J.M. might want to block using River would be a head scratcher for me. I'd hope she might like the girl energy of the story. And the lyrics to River fit Lily so well and ultimately were a foreshadowing of the outcome of her daring ploy:

SPOILER

i'm so hard to handle

I'm selfish, and im sad

Now ive gone n lost the best baby

That i ever had

Oh i wish i had a river

I could skate away on

The Netfix buzz I saw on Twitter was guy/girl. They were each very sweet and likeable characters, played so well.

The supporting drag and M/M characters were pretty good. For me, I didn't expect LGBTQ content.

dash-and-lily-cast-share-favorite-christmas-movies.jpg

I forgot to ask. Is the guy who directed some episodes of Dash & Lily (Fred Savage) the person who starred in the Wonder Years?

I have watched 4 episodes of the Crown so far. One of the highlights is the introduction of Diana, of course. At first I was not too impressed with the actress. I was surprised that I found her fairly calculating in the beginning. However, the actress Diana's performance in the scene between Diana and Camilla is really great. Is it historically accurate that Margaret (Princess) was rather against the marriage?

I've heard that there was a calculating aspect to Diana's personality, and her grandmother Lady Fermoy no doubt pressured her to continue on the path to princesshood - not unlike the machinations that have often characterized relationships at Court through the centuries. Diana was still essentially a child, and somewhat of a pawn used by her family to achieve greater glory.

I watch Netflix while I'm on the treadmill so my choices are usually light, comedic series. I just started "House of Flowers" which is a Mexican telenovela that has everything from drag, strippers, infidelity, suicide, a trans character, marijuana, nosy neighbors, and a very cute gay son who claims to be bi and shows his his backside every now and then. And this is only by episode 6 of the three-season series. Each episode is only about 25 or 26 minutes long so I can generally get two episodes in while I'm on the treadmill each morning.

I watch Netflix while I'm on the treadmill so my choices are usually light, comedic series. I just started "House of Flowers" which is a Mexican telenovela that has everything from drag, strippers, infidelity, suicide, a trans character, marijuana, nosy neighbors, and a very cute gay son who claims to be bi and shows his his backside every now and then. And this is only by episode 6 of the three-season series. Each episode is only about 25 or 26 minutes long so I can generally get two episodes in while I'm on the treadmill each morning.

I loved this show. Very much in line with my dark sense of humour. Great writing and character development too.

Edited by CuriousByNature

Someone Must Die. Franco's Spain and a son returns home from 10 years in Mexico bringing with him his ballerina friend. The upper level bureaucrat father is in charge of imprisioning degenerates and then farming them out to work/. The house is full of secrets and the first one being that a.marriage has been arranged between the son and the daughter of a local businessman. Her brother and the sone were bet friends before the sone was shipped off to Mexico to live with his wife's family.

Three one hour installments unravels the complex story.

There is nudity and brief male frontal in a nude scene. A sex scene prominently featuring the ballerina' very tight butt.

I enjoyed it but was not overwhelmed by it. It very much had a telenovela feel to it. In fact the mother is played by the star of House of Flowers.

Will it carry on after epi 3?

Seems like they'd need a time jump to create more episodes.

Well as some of the characters are not going to be around after Episode three, after all Someone Must Die, it may be tough to continue. But the story could move out of Spain and to Mexico where things could definitely heat up for our favorite characters.

Also, if she was against it, why would she voice her concerns only a few days before the wedding? I‘m also skeptical of the idea that Diana seriously considered calling it off. I‘m curious enough to read a Diana bio, maybe the Sally Bedell Smith one.

• 3 weeks later...

THE PROM

Opens Friday, December 11

81079914.jpg

Directed by Ryan Murphy. Stars Meryl Streep, Nicole Kidman, James Corden, Andrew Rannells, Mary Kay Place, Tracey Ullman, Keegan-Michael Key, Kerry Washington, among others.

Just finished watching it. So fun, uplifting and inspiring. Great cast, they were ALL wonderful. If only the world could really be like that !

??

THE PROM

Opens Friday, December 11

81079914.jpg

Directed by Ryan Murphy. Stars Meryl Streep, Nicole Kidman, James Corden, Andrew Rannells, Mary Kay Place, Tracey Ullman, Keegan-Michael Key, Kerry Washington, among others.

Just finished watching it. So fun, uplifting and inspiring. Great cast, they were ALL wonderful. If only the world could really be like that !

??

I liked the brief scene on television with a man signing "The Way You Look Tonight," a wonderful classic song about half way that movie on TV.

Wish the songs were much better

So a B-

Otherwise enjoyable and very charming.

Would watch again for Corden, but not Meryl, who greatly reminded me of Lucille Ball in "Mame.".

Edited by WilliamM

I liked the brief scene on television with a man signing "The Way You Look Tonight," a wonderful classic song about half way that movie on TV.

So a B-

Would watch again for Corden, but not Meryl, who greatly reminded me of Lucille Ball in "Mame.".

Edited by WilliamM

So a B-

Guess you really didnt buy into her characature, which was pivotal to her ending "ah-ha" moment ?

So a B-

Guess you really didnt buy into her characature, which was pivotal to her ending "ah-ha" moment ?