Any good Netflix watches?

Ya know there are some that enjoy that sort of thing. I guess you are not one of them. I will call the President.

Love her.

She's quick and funny.

But yeah, some folks are more the METV sort.

Please don't post pictures of children...

Edited by Guy Fawkes

I wholeheartedly agree with the recommendation of @TruthBTold except for bingeing on ‘Pretend It’s A City’

I’ve rationed myself to one episode each evening, and we’ll watch the last one tonight. I think my favorite episode is where Fran talks about jazz and Charles Mingus.

I'm watching the series over again. I just watched the Mingus episode. The other person in the episode is Leonard Bernstein and she describes how she would await for his Young Peoples Concerts TV show for kids to be shown every week. I realized that I found him very attractive and wondered if he was a top or bottom. What say you? I guess Bradley Cooper is to play him in the film that Netflix proposes.

http://images.fineartamerica.com/images/artworkimages/mediumlarge/1/leonard-bernstein-1960-everett.jpg

cooperbernstein.jpg

I'm watching the series over again. I just watched the Mingus episode. The other person in the episode is Leonard Bernstein and she describes how she would await for his Young Peoples Concerts TV show for kids to be shown every week. I realized that I found him very attractive and wondered if he was a top or bottom. What say you? I guess Bradley Cooper is to play him in the film that Netflix proposes.

http://images.fineartamerica.com/images/artworkimages/mediumlarge/1/leonard-bernstein-1960-everett.jpg

cooperbernstein.jpg

Leonard may have started out as a top, but probably ended up as a bottom. I’d like to think composers are versatile. I remember my grandfather didn’t want me to watch him on PBS when I was visiting. Called him a big sissy. Oh Gramps, you should have lived a few years longer. My first boyfriend looked a lot like Lenny.

I liked Pretend it's a City but honestly kind of surprised Netflix went for it. Seems like it has narrow appeal. When Lebowtiz went on about her having no money, it kind of made me think this was Scorsese's way to throw his friend some cash without actually GIVING her money and making her feel bad.

Definitely watch Death to 2020 if you can. I have to tell you I peed in my pants watching this "mockumentary." Though it really isn't because most of it is right on point. And the sad point is that it doesn't even get into 2021. That is beyond a freak show.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81332175

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

The Dig.

A very British kind of melancholy soaks this film, about the remarkable discovery in 1939 of an Anglo-Saxon longship beneath mounds of earth near the Suffolk coast. It’s a story of two ill-matched halves: the first starring Ralph Fiennes and Carey Mulligan, the second more sexed up, with Lily James opposite a smouldering Johnny Flynn in RAF hero regalia.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81167887?trkid=13710079&MSG_TITLE=81167887&lnktrk=EMP&g=A1BE796CA530B2D86FD1936D83F226066453B410

“Imposters” — its been available for some time. Dark comedy, was on Bravo originally. Good cast, especially Parker Young who plays a dumb jock- but oh, those eyes and hair, and muscles, and leather jacket ... and, and, and ... yeah, it’s pretty much a no-brainer on plot - Stephen Bishop (actor and former baseball player) is likewise easy on the eyes. Here’s Parker:

F2-AD60-C3-F02-F-44-CF-91-C4-A209-DBDC4669.jpg

For us opera queens I recommend Quartet. It’s about three aging opera stars in a retirement home trying to get the fourth to join them for their annual tribute to Verdi. Maggie Smith fans will also like this one.

Turn is about the spy network established to support George Washington during Revolution. It stars Billy Elliott all grown up. It’s easy to forget how complex the Revolution was. Both sides spoke the same language and shared a common culture.

• 1 month later...

I enjoyed the documentary about Jackie Onassis and Lee Radziwill, her sister. They had a typical but interesting relationship.

I also liked the documentary called Tell Me Who I Am. It shows that one of a pair of identical twins (Alex) loses all of his memories after he is involved in a motorcycle accident at the age of 18. It then shows the consequences of a decision made by Marcus, the other twin, to suddenly holds all of his Alex's memories, and instead impart a picture of a happy childhood on him even if that might not have been the case. I was fascinated by the toll that this decision took upon both now middle age men. It seems like a psychological thriller but is actually true.

Edited by TruthBTold