Any good Netflix watches?

I've been binge watching Dynasty. I loved the show in high school and stopped watching it in college since I didn't have the time for any tv.

I like the remake better and it is kind of interesting seeing all the changes.

Sammy Jo was played by Heather locklear and the character is a male this time played by the hot singer Rafael de La Fuente. I remember in high school and college the straight guys would watch it just to see Sammy Jo, I'm sure the gay guys watch it now to see Sammy Joe LOL.

Crystal is Cristal someone from Venzuella with a very colorful past. Jeff Colby is a hot black guy whose mom blake had an affair with and Cecil Colby has some kind of criminal background and in the original Cecil was Alexis's husband and there is hardly any mention of Alexis this time. Grant Show plays a hot blake. I like that Steven is a major character this time. No mention of Adam Colby and Jeff has a sister this time.

I really like the butler in the remake a lot better. In this one the butler is very snarky and reminds me of Hobson in the movie Arthur.

Bridgerton is an American period drama streaming television series created by Chris Van Dusen and produced by Shonda Rhimes. It is based on Julia Quinn's bestselling novels set in the competitive world of Regency London high societyduring the season, when debutantes are presented at court. The series premiered on December 25, 2020, on Netflix.

And one gay scene, very brief. But ... there is plenty of male eye-candy, especially

omg - this man is extraordinary - great acting chops, a body to die for and plenty of naked butt scenes - a great bare knuckle boxing match, and some wicked sex with his young bride; yes, even if you’re not into that, his romping in and out of bed are fun to watch.

Bridgerton is an American period drama streaming television series created by Chris Van Dusen and produced by Shonda Rhimes. It is based on Julia Quinn's bestselling novels set in the competitive world of Regency London high societyduring the season, when debutantes are presented at court. The series premiered on December 25, 2020, on Netflix.

And one gay scene, very brief. But ... there is plenty of male eye-candy, especially

omg - this man is extraordinary - great acting chops, a body to die for and plenty of naked butt scenes - a great bare knuckle boxing match, and some wicked sex with his young bride; yes, even if you’re not into that, his romping in and out of bed are fun to watch.

A great description of this costume-drama @KrisParr. I’d only add that I also enjoy the acid commentary of the unseen Lady Whistletown (the narratrix being Julie Andrews ).

Edited by MscleLovr

and every episode gets hotter and hotter - woof

While I agree with everything regarding how really handsome he is I always have to remind myself that men in the very late 1700s and early 1800s would not have the worked out bodies that are shown. Believe me, it is easy to put it aside and and simply gaze upon him.

Guest MikeThomas

He's very hot and so are the Bridgerton brothers. Great show.

James Corden's performance in The Prom has been attacked as "homophobic!" I didn't think so, but read this:

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2020-12-14/james-corden-the-prom-criticism-twitter

Not near as bad as Cam on Modern Family. I cringe every time I see him yet enjoyed watching James on The Prom (more than the movie itself).

• 2 weeks later...

I liked it a lot as well. Well-done and I always liked homeboy Bobby Seale

I have mentioned that I was able to spend a day with Bobby Seale when he worked for the Philadelphia Unemployment Project. Thoughtful, relatively quiet man when working with the unemployed.

I binged Pretend It's A City last night and peed my pants through much of it. It is directed by Martin Scorsese and stars in most part Fran Lebowitz. It basically features Ms. Lebowitz hilariously expressing her opinion of what she loves (but mostly what irritates her) about New York and its happenings. Lebowitz makes her opinions known seated at a table in a couple of restaurants but also giving public talks. She answers various questions during the talks. A prior Scorsese movie Public Speaking similarly gave Lebowitz free reign to give her opinions about various situations and people. This Netflix series has 7 episodes. I have been a fan since I discovered her in the "70s so I was stuck watching all 7 last night. I found that it took my mind off a somewhat troubling year.

Pretend-Its-a-City-Fran-Lebowitz-Scale-Model.jpg?resize=800,534

Edited by TruthBTold

I binged Pretend It's A City last night and peed my pants through much of it. It is directed by Martin Scorsese and stars in most part Fran Lebowitz. It basically features Ms. Lebowitz hilariously expressing her opinion of what she loves (but mostly what irritates her) about New York and its happenings. Lebowitz makes her opinions knows seated at a table in restaurants but also giving public talks. She answers various questions during the talks. A prior Scorsese movie Public Speaking similarly gave Lebowitz free reign to give her opinions on various situations and people. This Netflix series has 7 episodes and I watched them all at one time. Unfortunately, I have been a fan since I discovered her in the "70s so I was stuck watching all 7 last night. I found that it took my mind completely off a somewhat troubling year.

Pretend-Its-a-City-Fran-Lebowitz-Scale-Model.jpg?resize=800,534

oh hell yes, it was the best series I’ve watched in a long time; so intelligent and witty; fun fact: she got expelled from high school and earned a GED; if someone had told me she had a Ph.D.from Harvard in literature, I’d believe it.