Any good Netflix watches?

Season 6 (with 14 episodes) was the final season. We watched it some time ago. I don’t know how much Netflix varies its offerings/scheduling between different countries.

FWIW there’s also “Schitt‘s Creek…Best wishes, Warmest Regards” as a documentary offering “an inside look” on the final season

Season 6 is coming to USA Netflix Oct. 7. Finally!

• 1 month later...

Dash & Lily

based on a popular book.

Christmassy, in a Hallmark kind of style, yet WAY more clever.

A sweet watch.

I'd give it a 4 of 5.

dash-and-lily-poster-399x600.jpg

Although the pic regarding Netflix new shows tricked me into believing it was about two gay guys falling in love, in the end I really enjoyed it. As noted, the dialogue is clever and the acting is very good. It did keep me guessing about what was going to happen, tho I knew what I wanted to happen. I would definitely recommend watching it. Thanks for putting it out there.

P.S. Definitely liked a lot of the chosen music. I was surprised (I do not know why) that they were given permission to use JM's " River". I think because it was not the sort of production I would think she would go for.

Edited by TruthBTold

I like the more entertaining stuff on Netflix. I’d recommend 3 dramas.

1. ‘The Alienist’ - entertaining crime drama set in NYC just before the beginning of the 20thC, with interesting individuals as the amateur investigators. I really enjoyed Season 1 and so I’m glad that Season 2 is now available.

2. I’m watching the new season of ‘The Crown‘. I found the previous seasons to be fun and sometimes quite informative.

3. I’m looking forward to ‘Mank’ - coming on 4 December. It has a great cast directed by David Fincher. I expect it to be a wonderful view of Hollywood in the 1930s. The trailer alone is a thing of beauty.

I'm almost finished with "The Queen's Gambit" on Netflix, about a young orphan girl who's a chess prodigy. Set in the 60's mostly. I didn't think at first something about chess would hold my interest, but the characters are fascinating.

Just started episode 3. I’m hooked. Very fascinating.

Just started episode 3. I’m hooked. Very fascinating.

I know it sounds a bit creepy, but give me a show with a young female hero with some issues and mysterious powers, and I'm hooked. "Queens Gambit"'s Beth fits this category, along with "Stranger Things"'s Eleven and "Firefly"'s River Tam. One of these days I'm going to have to binge "Buffy the Vampire Slayer".

Although the pic regarding Netflix new shows tricked me into believing it was about two gay guys falling in love, in the end I really enjoyed it. As noted, the dialogue is clever and the acting is very good. It did keep me guessing about what was going to happen, tho I knew what I wanted to happen. I would definitely recommend watching it. Thanks for putting it out there.

P.S. Definitely liked a lot of the chosen music. I was surprised (I do not know why) that they were given permission to use JM's " River". I think because it was not the sort of production I would think she would go for.

(Dash & Lily cont'd)

Glad you enjoyed it. I liked it quite a lot.

Yes! The song River and all music sampled were very smart and pleasing IMO .

That J.M. might want to block using River would be a head scratcher for me. I'd hope she might like the girl energy of the story. And the lyrics to River fit Lily so well and ultimately were a foreshadowing of the outcome of her daring ploy:

SPOILER

i'm so hard to handle

I'm selfish, and im sad

Now ive gone n lost the best baby

That i ever had

Oh i wish i had a river

I could skate away on

The Netfix buzz I saw on Twitter was guy/girl. They were each very sweet and likeable characters, played so well.

The supporting drag and M/M characters were pretty good. For me, I didn't expect LGBTQ content.

dash-and-lily-cast-share-favorite-christmas-movies.jpg

Edited by OCClient

(Dash & Lily cont'd)

Glad you enjoyed it. I liked it quite a lot.

Yes! The song River and all music sampled were very smart and pleasing IMO .

That J.M. might want to block using River would be a head scratcher for me. I'd hope she might like the girl energy of the story. And the lyrics to River fit Lily so well and ultimately were a foreshadowing of the outcome of her daring ploy:

SPOILER

i'm so hard to handle

I'm selfish, and im sad

Now ive gone n lost the best baby

That i ever had

Oh i wish i had a river

I could skate away on

The Netfix buzz I saw on Twitter was guy/girl. They were each very sweet and likeable characters, played so well.

The supporting drag and M/M characters were pretty good. For me, I didn't expect LGBTQ content.

dash-and-lily-cast-share-favorite-christmas-movies.jpg

Yes. I recommended it to my sisters who I share a Netflix link with. The only thing I think of is that I am so eager to grasp at any gay content in a story (which Netflix has quite a lot in comparison) that for some reason the pic of Dash and his friend that works in the pizza shop made me think that it was them that grew to be in love. And I know if I had thought about it for even 2 seconds considering the title that would have made no sense.

As far as Joni Mitchell, I guess it is how little I think that we hear of her music in general compared to the amount of her output that made me really happy when we heard it. And as you said she (JM) might have easily found the story the very vehicle for one of her songs.

Thanks very much for recommending it.

David Attenborough's A Life On Earth is a must see! It's only 90 minutes, but I had to watch it in 3 parts because its pretty grim stuff; David laments his 94 years of observing life on earth amidst the decline of nature with a self-imposed mass extinction. It's a beautiful and sad summation of life on earth. Stick with it to the end because he offers clear roadmap to reversing our effect on the environment - how we can do it, who can do it, and why it will work.

I like the more entertaining stuff on Netflix. I’d recommend 3 dramas.

2. I’m watching the new season of ‘The Crown‘. I found the previous seasons to be fun and sometimes quite informative.

I’m also watching The Crown. The show isn’t pulling any punches in the new season. Very engaging, and Gillian Anderson is great as Thatcher.

I’m also watching The Crown. The show isn’t pulling any punches in the new season. Very engaging, and Gillian Anderson is great as Thatcher.

I have watched 4 episodes of the Crown so far. One of the highlights is the introduction of Diana, of course. At first I was not too impressed with the actress. I was surprised that I found her fairly calculating in the beginning. However, the actress Diana's performance in the scene between Diana and Camilla is really great. Is it historically accurate that Margaret (Princess) was rather against the marriage?