How do you celebrate your pets birthday ?

Brian Kevin
This topic is 2024 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Today is my big guys birthday! My pup turned 1 years old today!

Since I was a child it was kind of tradition to buy a vanilla cake and let them go to town. I know it’s not the best idea but this time I got him ice cream too!

It was a nice day, he really enjoyed his cake and ice cream he got the first bite and lick out of his Scooby Doo Cake, also has his picture on it. Picture upload coming !!!

For my late cat I had as a child, I would open a can of tuna fish and sprinkle cat nip over it.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today is my big guys birthday! My pup turned 1 years old today!

Since I was a child it was kind of tradition to buy a vanilla cake and let them go to town. I know it’s not the best idea but this time I got him ice cream too!

It was a nice day, he really enjoyed his cake and ice cream he got the first bite and lick out of his Scooby Doo Cake, also has his picture on it. Picture upload coming !!!

For my late cat I had as a child, I would open a can of tuna fish and sprinkle cat nip over it.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/85ca0a64e7fd9e31194995bb7eb5ac0f/tumblr_na9pwmuunh1svecmko1_400.gif

we never really knew the exact birthdays of our pets.....always got them a few months after they were born....

funny about dogs and ice cream!....we always thought it was cool that a dog instinctively knew to only lick ice cream and not just bite into it like with other food

check out the video at bottom.....Kode says "ice cream!" at 1:18!!!

0c9467745d3108efed91e85de725823b--dog-ice-cream-eating-ice-cream.jpg

http://petful.supercopyeditors.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/3780918356_c6cebebc7d_z.jpg

http://canigivemydog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/can-i-give-my-dog-ice-cream.jpg

Cats are lactose intolerant (like me) so I give 'em some frozen almond dessert and some extra moist cat food. And because I am totally insane, on Thanksgiving they get turkey moist cat food.

My cat, Stella, runs things so I have to ask her when she is free to celebrate her birthday.

Edited by WilliamM

The kindergartener down the street loves dogs. She knew my dog's name well before she knew mine, and always greets her with a hug. Her mother told me that she wanted a dog party for her birthday this year, I'm not sure if it actually worked out that way. I'm thinking not because I'm *certain* we're her favorite dog, and we didn't get an invitation :-D

I hate to be the bummer at the birthday party, but isn't ice cream a bad idea for dogs?

http://www.akc.org/content/health/articles/can-dogs-eat-ice-cream/

My last dog loved Vegas - So I would dress him up like Bruce Valanche and let him pig out at the buffet - Then we'd hit the sports book and make a few bucks on the dog races.

Our dog got a birthday email from his vet yesterday, but it was just an arbitrarily chosen date, because it was the anniversary of his initial examination by the vet. We don't know his real birthday, because he was a stray whom we adopted from the county shelter, and the first two vets who examined him couldn't even agree on his probable age. He just got an extra treat at lunchtime. I have owned animals whose exact birthday was known (one dog was born on the tenth anniversary of the death of another beloved dog, which was a little spooky), and sometimes we would go for a special romp in a park, but otherwise we don't do anything special--hell, we don't even do much to celebrate our own birthdays, unless they end in a zero or a five.

I can’t tell if y’all are mocking me or joking with me. Fuck it I’m getting cheese fires

Not mocking you at all. In all seriousness, there's not a lot I won't do for my dog. I've always been a dog person, but in the two years that I've been the person actually responsible for the dog (as opposed to a dog the family owned); wow, it's like some insane howler monkey ran through my brain and switched all the circuit breakers on. Youtube videos about dogs make me cry, dog rescue / shelter commercials are even worse.

And changing topic completely, cheese fries sound wonderful.