Overused and empty words

actor61

And if they're all gluten-free?

Well, if they're gluten-free I'm in!!

Natural, free-range, organic and gluten-free.

I would have thought gluten-free would disqualify anything from being artisanal.

about 15 years ago I really started into the paleo world and the results have been superb. I’m also an O blood type, so protein is my friend. All of my ratios are optimal and I’ve lost all cravings for sweets and most carbs. You can find gluten-free pizza for cheat days.

I had the problem for decades starting in my 20’s UNTIL I went gluten free about 5 yrs ago. Haven’t had the problem since EXCEPT when I accidentally ingest gluten...and it doesn’t take much...and it is a 100% correlation of cause and effect for me. Gluten also triggers skin rashes for me

1716679.gif

"Alpha Male"

"Total Top"

I actually have no problem with these terms as long as the individual's behavior equates to the description. What makes the terms overused and empty is when someone claims to be as such yet their demeanor/behavior suggests otherwise. It's the false advertising that pisses me off.

• 1 month later...
I'm not looking back over the thread, but I wonder if I ever mentioned "robust." Hate that word. (When I was a kid, the only time I think I ever heard it was in a coffee commercial - to describe the fullness of the flavor. Now it seems like everything is "robust.")

June 15, 2017.....:p

https://m4m-forum.org/threads/overused-and-empty-words.125379/page-3#post-1301685

Polar vortex.

Most TV news reporters couldn't explain the physics of what it is if their life depended on it. Yet they are required by their corporate masters to warn us about the effing polar vortex. We'll tune in.

Sorry, need to sign off. The weather dude just warned about the haboob coming.

"back in the day"....

A very close friend who is the same age as me had an annoying colleague who kept saying "back in the day." The colleague was, at the time, 35 and my friend was 37 or 38. One day my friend heard "back in the day" one too many times and said "honey, we are both too young to say 'back in the day.' THIS is the day we will be back to in 20 years!"

The colleague stopped saying "back in the day."