Looking like an old queer

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, WilliamM said:

And siblings 

My mother outlived her seven older siblings 

My mother was the oldest of six siblings, grew up in a household that also included three cousins who were like sisters to her, and outlived almost all of them. Those were some of the hardest losses for her to deal with.

Edited by Charlie

Many old queers were once hot young twinks/studs.

There’s plenty of evidence of gay men who prefer a very worked-on face and body, and will use strong meds and frequent elective surgery to remain a certain age.

But most of us are like “gotta stay healthy, but here we are”

Officially I’m old.
By birth I am queer. 

Old queer?

Raise Hand GIF by Nick Jonas

On 5/5/2024 at 5:30 PM, Thelatin said:

How do I avoid looking like a sad old queer as I age?  I see these sad old gay men with sunken eyes at bars, pretending to have fun.  I think I’m about done. 

Don't be sad, and don't pretend to be happy when you're not. Don't go to bars if you're not going to have fun there. Bars are places where many people pretend to be something they're not anyway.

13 hours ago, soloyo215 said:

Don't be sad, and don't pretend to be happy when you're not. Don't go to bars if you're not going to have fun there. Bars are places where many people pretend to be something they're not anyway.

💯. Only do what brings you joy! My party trick: I only go to gay bars with friends OR to just go and ogle bois; usually when I’m a tourist someplace. 

My ageism solution: I order in! Some hot sumyungboi full of salty cream sauce and savor him. I may take him on vacation. But I have fun. I don’t get depressed. I have my revenge on Time my way!

I’m really happy to be early 60s.  
I think men of our generation got to experience so much.  It was fun when gay bars/clubs used to be more subversive & underground.  We appreciate the freedoms we have now because we know what it was like before. We appreciate our good health because we saw so many whose lives were cut short by AIDs/HIV epidemic.  
And most of all - we knew how to socialize in real life without the constant distractions of phones & toxic social media.  It was a time when having a friend really meant something - not the hundreds of “friends” people have on FB.

When I find myself in environments with much younger people, I often wonder if I’d like to be 30ish again - the answer is NO.