going to bed alone

Charlie

I tried to buy a pair of classic men's two piece pajamas yesterday, the kind adult men were always depicted wearing when I was younger,  and they were almost impossible to find as I went from store to store. I finally found a Christmas-themed pair at Target, but It made me wonder:

What do YOU wear when you go to bed alone?

For most of my adult life I have slept naked, whether with someone else or alone, but recently it has been chilly in the house when I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom (yeah, I'm old), and I don't like to sleep in my underwear, so I thought it would be cozy to have a pair of pajamas.

2 hours ago, Charlie said:

I tried to buy a pair of classic men's two piece pajamas yesterday, the kind adult men were always depicted wearing when I was younger,  and they were almost impossible to find as I went from store to store. I finally found a Christmas-themed pair at Target...

You'll find all sorts of PJ's (short sleeve, long sleeve, cotton, flannel, silk, polyester, etc.) on Amazon. That's where I buy most of my stuff. I wear PJ's all of the time. I only change my sheets once a week, so if I were naked, the sheets would get kind of yucky after a couple of days. 

Men Pajamas Nightgown Sleepwear Bathrobe Sleeveless Soft Sexy Summer For  Home - Walmart.com

Handsome Shirtless Man Carrying His Beautiful Stock Photo 772225960 |  Shutterstock

Sexy Faux Silk Men Pajamas Fashion V-neck Ice Silk Sleepwear Male  Short-sleeve Pyjama Shorts Sets Two-pieces Plus 4xl 2509 - Pajama Sets -  AliExpress

I like to sleep naked.  Sometimes, when it's cold, I wear a worn-out t-shirt and socks.  The fabric in the t-shirt needs to be worn thin so that I don't get too warm. 

I asked my husband for silk pajamas at Christmas one year. He got me beautiful pair of black silk pajamas.  I really felt in the lap of luxury wearing my silk pajamas to bed- and they keep you at a perfect temperature. 

I sleep naked, whether with someone or alone.

However a few years ago I wanted to get a pair of traditional pajamas. I wanted to have a pair just for the sake of it, and also thought it would be fun to have for a photoshoot... going for that dad look. I got a pair of plaid flannel pjs at Target, which it turns out I never wear.

If it gets really cold, I'll just put on a pair of gray sweatpants or sweatshorts and either a t-shirt or sweatshirt.

5 hours ago, Charlie said:

I tried to buy a pair of classic men's two piece pajamas yesterday, the kind adult men were always depicted wearing when I was younger,  and they were almost impossible to find as I went from store to store. I finally found a Christmas-themed pair at Target, but It made me wonder:

What do YOU wear when you go to bed alone?

For most of my adult life I have slept naked, whether with someone else or alone, but recently it has been chilly in the house when I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom (yeah, I'm old), and I don't like to sleep in my underwear, so I thought it would be cozy to have a pair of pajamas.

I haven't worn pajamas since I was in kindergarten 

1 hour ago, nate_sf said:

I sleep naked, whether with someone or alone.

I used to sleep naked, until...

I lived in a carriage house behind a stately house in Druid Hills, Atlanta, while a student at Emory. For those unfamiliar with the neighborhood, Jessica Tandy's house in Driving Miss Daisy was a couple doors down. An older gay couple lived in the main house. They were out of town for a few days. '

At about two in the morning their house alarm went off. After it wailed for ten minutes it shut itself off. I was in bed when it occurred to me whoever was trying to break into that house was probably looking for a place to hide,

Suddenly there was a loud bang-bang-bang on the screen door. Oh, crap, I'm about to get killed. My only chance was to yell loud enough that the people next door in the round house (the house was round) would hear me. Jumping out of bed, walking into the kitchen, the intruder was shining a bright light through the door. I yelled louder than anyone ever before or after. (Probably an exaggeration, but it was loud.) The intruder kind of stumbled back, the flashlight fell and suddenly I could see the badge, He was the officer responding to the alarm.

I opened the door and apologized for the scream. The officer assured me I did the right thing and said I startled him until he realized, "I have a gun and you are standing naked in your kitchen." At this point the husband from the round house was also at my door.

After being naked in my kitchen in front of a police officer and a former White House Chief of Staff (Hamilton Jordan lived in the round house) I stopped sleeping naked. 

Edited by CJK

Well here in South Florida, it's underwear for me. I do have a very thin t-shirt that I might wear the 30 nights a year where I might see temps in the 50's. I also have a ceiling fan directly above my bed and I run it at medium speed every night. Last year I tried running it in reverse mode a few nights and that was very nice. I haven't worn pajamas since high school.