New York City Weatherman Fired After Webcam Nudes Leak

56harrisond

Why is still a story?? 

Every employer I’ve worked for has had some sort of policy, (or if a contract was involved, a clause), about bringing disrepute on the company, blah, blah, blah. Boiled down to basically meaning don’t do anything stupid that would embarrass you, and the company. Erick not only did something stupid, but he named names of co-workers while he was doing something stupid. Imagine if it was a hetero man doing the same, but instead named names of female co-workers in the manner Erick did.

None of this is about sex shaming, and nothing Erick did or said was about being sex positive. 

31 minutes ago, arnemgreeves said:

Ok so are the viewership of this network that conservative and prudish? I dint get this decision. Unless he had other bad conduct behind the scenes and this was the final straw. 

It’s not about viewers or the network being conservative or prudish. We’ve had other gay anchors in NYC who have had their nudes from the apps leaked, and they didn’t get the boot. What this fellow did went WAY beyond that. He was talking about his boss - naming him, first and surname - during his web chat, going on about how much he wanted his boss to fuck him, speculating on how he looks naked, how big he would be, how he’d fuck, how much he cums, etc., all the while he was pleasuring himself. That’s why I said imagine it was a hetero guy saying the same type of stuff about a female co-worker. We wouldn’t even be questioning him getting the boot. 

6 hours ago, BtmBearDad said:

It’s not about viewers or the network being conservative or prudish. We’ve had other gay anchors in NYC who have had their nudes from the apps leaked, and they didn’t get the boot. What this fellow did went WAY beyond that. He was talking about his boss - naming him, first and surname - during his web chat, going on about how much he wanted his boss to fuck him, speculating on how he looks naked, how big he would be, how he’d fuck, how much he cums, etc., all the while he was pleasuring himself. That’s why I said imagine it was a hetero guy saying the same type of stuff about a female co-worker. We wouldn’t even be questioning him getting the boot. 

Exactly!  His sexuality is irrelevant.  He exhibited (pun intended) poor judgment and unprofessionalism. We’d be calling him a misogynist if he was straight and sexually fantasizing about his female boss, but because he’s gay he’s supposed to get a pass?  Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

17 hours ago, RJD said:

Exactly!  His sexuality is irrelevant. 

Once again, some of the gays rush to assume it's about homophobia without even understand the facts.

Adame went WAAAY too far in his very public mixing of his kinky sexuality with his professional life. 

That just ISN'T "professional" ! ..and I LOVE kinky sex ! So it's not like I am biased against that part. I just know better than to overlap my personal and professional lives.

He deserves to be canned...and he needs professional help. He crossed a line by a mile. No man straight or gay would have been tolerated.

It's been explained so many times now I'm wondering how many people have actually read past the headlines, which range from incomplete to misleading.  If you read certain headlines and thought that was it, I get thinking maybe it was overkill. But not once you read the full details. 

Most things in life are a trade off. Being in front of a TV/Movie camera, for example, is a trade off between money and giving up some privacy/ anonymity. However, the biggest trade off for that salary is typically that your EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT contains a morality or disrepute clause. When you are contracted to be the public face of a company, the company controls that face and its behavior. Hell, they sometimes contractually control hair color and weight!

Edited by APPLE1
Punctuation errors

• 3 weeks later...

I get the your a public persona and how you behave reflects badly on the company you represent ....

BUT when you had a presidential candidate who spoke about grabbing woman by the pussy - and he got elected ....

there is an issue here - if this guy was white and straight - none of this would be happening 

YES it was not the wisest choice - BUT public personas are entitled to a sex life so 

in summary

His dismissal was racist and homophobic . 

End of story - 

sadly neither of those categories will save him as America has  a racist , sexist homophobic culture 

• 1 month later...
On 3/10/2023 at 11:16 PM, APPLE1 said:

Most things in life are a trade off. Being in front of a TV/Movie camera, for example, is a trade off between money and giving up some privacy/ anonymity. However, the biggest trade off for that salary is typically that your EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT contains a morality or disrepute clause. When you are contracted to be the public face of a company, the company controls that face and its behavior. Hell, they sometimes contractually control hair color and weight!

A television news organization in Quebec recently fired a long time star news anchor because she grew her hair out to grey during the pandemic. They got public blowback bigtime and were accused of ageism, sexism, you name it. They took a big hit in public credibility. It turns out their audience did want to hear the news from a serious journalist instead of some blonde Wendy.

12 hours ago, azdr0710 said:

...was hoping this story (and thread) had died out.......

I feel a song coming on

4 hours ago, KipJosh said:

Let's hope the legal process helps Erick Adame find some resolution and bring the responsible parties to light.

Yes. Exposing someone with the intent to hurt them is wrong, and should be prosecuted.

But Adame should have had the common sense to NOT put himself in the position to have such risky material available to the public in the first place.  This lesson will cost him a career that he was blessed to have and he blew it.

• 6 months later...
40 minutes ago, samhexum said:

"he was confident he would land a job somewhere, and that he had had “some really greats conversation” with “several stations in the deep south.”

You get fired in NYC for inappropriate online videos….and you think you’re going to land a job…in The Deep South?!?!?

Bernie Sanders GIF by Team Coco

As an employer would you hire someone who's compulsive behavior embarrassed his previous employer ? Especially when Adame's responses to this humiliation were as follows:

#1)Blame employer for being "homophobic" (even though they hired an openly gay man to be ON TV every day).

#2)Claim that videos of him getting gang banged with his employer's name emblazoned on his ass is merely a matter of being "sex positive".

#3)Bring a lawsuit against the employer claiming his dismissal was "unfounded" in spite of his behavior being a clear violation of his contract. Continuing to (falsely) claim the employer only did it because they're homophobic.

#4)Claim that he is suffering from mental illness that forces him to compulsively film himself being used sexually by gangs of strangers while increasing the level of risk to his encounters.

Would YOU hire this person?

Edited by pubic_assistance
grammar

On 5/16/2023 at 12:30 PM, azdr0710 said:

unfortunately, it looks like a troll/bot/one-post-wonder resurrected this thread yesterday......

was hoping this story (and thread) had died out.......

Yes! Nothing like someone making a stupid mistake for the assholes to brag their lack of human empathy!

Edited by José Soplanucas