2023 Palm Springs Weekend

Oliver

Anyone who has not previously attended, please send me a PM with your email address if you are considering attending next year.  I will then notify you about developments as they occur, starting next February.  That email shall remain confidential with me.

6.jpg

Edited by Oliver

I'm more or less fully booked, INNdulge in PS from 13 to 17th, airline by AC return Montreal LAX (great deal under $500US) and Avis car rental at LAX. I'll be spending a night in LA both coming and leaving, which I haven't visited in close to 30 years, same for PS.

Now what could go wrong!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2022 at 9:12 AM, nycman said:

Ok, looking at flights….which all basically suck NYC-PSP.

Is flying JFK-San Diego and then driving up from San Diego to Palm Springs a horrible idea?

I would take the transcon to New York to LA  and drive from there, or a small puddle jumper from LAX to PSP.  I do love the New York to LA flights. Ontario airport ( ONT ) in San Bernardino is also a close enough airport to Palm Springs. I would say an hour away. Jet blue flies direct non stop  New York to Palm Sings every Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.  I looked at the fares on Thursday they were already somewhat high

I have a tentative holel booked. I also *may* be running the London Marathon on April 23, which means I need to get to London somehow on April 20ish .  Easy enough from LA. 

I missed last year, will try to make this year, will be somewhat of a challenge logistically, since I'm coming from the East Coast,, it also depends on what's going on in my calendar before and after. It's rather hard to plan this far ahead.

So I'm 50/50 at the moment, but do include me in your discussions please, thanks.

Edited by jetlow

2 hours ago, azdr0710 said:

I hope you can make it.....for everybody's information, there are no non-stops from LAX to PSP......for Westerners, you know, that distance is really just around the corner! 🙂

It's such a frustrating situation for me. I've got a messed up shoulder and driving for more than about 15 minutes at a time isn't possible. The transportation options from Los Angeles to Palm Springs really aren't great and to complicate things even further, I've just moved down to Lakewood, near Long Beach. Last year, I was lucky enough to catch a ride to the weekend with AsianGuyCA and hopped FlixBus for my return trip on Monday, but finding a way to travel that 100 miles is always stressful.  

10 hours ago, azdr0710 said:

I hope you can make it.....for everybody's information, there are no non-stops from LAX to PSP......for Westerners, you know, that distance is really just around the corner! 🙂

There is, on United, once a day. every day. LAX to Palm Springs. I believe Delta does the flight seasonally. 

And….JetBlue just fucked up my flight.

I used to love that airline….now they pretty much suck.

This is like the 5th flight change on various planned JetBlue flights in as many days.

Now worries, dropped JetBlue and rebooked on American.

Viva Capitalism!

Edited by nycman

6 minutes ago, jetlow said:

I likely won’t be able to stay long, since I need to travel for the marathon which is immediately after the event . If you had to pick a day pair which one should I aim for 

Friday Saturday 

or 

Saturday Sunday 

I would love to stay the week alas….

Saturday is the dinner and Sunday the pool party so that is probably the pair that gets in the most activity if you are staying only two days.  Depending on where you stay and if you know anyone, most go out after the Saturday dinner and the Sunday pool party.  Usually Dinner on Sunday and Saturday is usually dealer's choice.  

On 9/2/2022 at 10:44 AM, Luv2play said:

I'm more or less fully booked, INNdulge in PS from 13 to 17th, airline by AC return Montreal LAX (great deal under $500US) and Avis car rental at LAX. I'll be spending a night in LA both coming and leaving, which I haven't visited in close to 30 years, same for PS.

Now what could go wrong!

One thing already going wrong is the Canadian dollar going south before I can. The exchange rate is moving in the wrong direction for Canadians and others wanting to visit the US.

Hoping it might recover before I have to convert into the greenback to pay my hotel in PS. I've already taken steps to prepay as much as possible like airfare and car rental. 

Well now that I'm back home again I guess it is time to begin thinking about and to start planning the menu for the Sunday afternoon Pool Gathering. I DO unfortunately realize that the god awful deviled eggs are a must. Any other suggestions will definitely be considered and greatly appreciated.

Again the more the merrier so get your name and information into Oliver ASAP. Also remember that hotel rooms are going to be tight this season in Palm Springs so make those reservations ASAP as well - if you decide latter not to attend you can always cancel them. I'm looking forward to seeing many familiar ("old") faces and many new ones.

Edited by Epigonos

5 minutes ago, Epigonos said:

Well now that I'm back home again I guess it is time to thinking about and to start planning the menu for the Sunday afternoon Pool Gathering. I DO unfortunately realize that the god awful deviled eggs are a must. Any other suggestions will definitely be considered and greatly appreciated.

Again the more the merrier so get your name and information into Oliver ASAP. Also remember that hotel rooms are going to be tight this season in Palm Springs so make those reservations ASAP as well - if you decide latter not to attend you can always cancel them. I'm looking forward to seeing many familiar ("old") faces and many new ones.

You never can tell there maybe some new "old" faces.  Plastic surgeons are still making very good money.