2023 Palm Springs Weekend

Oliver

If you plan to attend you might want to make hotel reservations NOW. You can always cancel later if you decide not to make the trip. Palm Springs is already bursting at the seams. All the snow birds who have been stuck in cold country, because of Covid19, for the last two years are ON THE MOVE. Some have already arrived. The town is going to be crowded, Crowded and even more CROWDED this season. Additionally hotel rates are going to go up, Up, UP.   ACT NOW!!!!!

Edited by Epigonos

Booked at InnDulge; will be there from April 13 to 17th. Can't wait (and hopefully I'll get my monkeypox vaccines by then).

As for Canyon Club, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought they were going to renovate it completely into a brand new resort/hotel? Is that not the case? Because if so, maybe the new Canyon Club will be loads better and much more updated with more amenities, benefits, and other stuff to truly make it feel like a five-star resort.

Caveat: InnDugle requires booking of at least four nights in order for you to register and reserve, hence why I had to show up earlier than planned. I guess it didn't happen last year since the event was not on a Coachella weekend. Still excited to see all of you guys again. :)

5 hours ago, Epigonos said:

nycman there isn't an unofficial "host" resort, HOWEVER, I will assume that if the past repeats itself the largest group of attendees will be staying at INNdulge. The place has a very social vibe in the late afternoon.

Yep, you can add me to the list of folks who will be staying at Inndulge. I thought about giving somewhere else a try, but Inndulge is a really good fit for me. Comfortable, not too fancy, and friendly guests. 

11 minutes ago, nycman said:

Ok, looking at flights….which all basically suck NYC-PSP.

Is flying JFK-San Diego and then driving up from San Diego to Palm Springs a horrible idea?

Don't know about SD, but LAX isn't the most wonderful idea. Doable, but there is an inconvenience to price trade off for doing so! There are closer LA area airports that may be better. Ontario perhaps?

1 hour ago, Pensant said:

For those of you staying at Inndulge, what is the difference between a superior and deluxe room? I was thinking of a non-pool view, since it might be quieter.

Deluxe rooms are much larger than superior rooms. (The website claims 40% larger and I think that's probably pretty accurate, although there are several different configurations.) Deluxe rooms have a full size fridge and superior rooms have a smaller fridge (bigger than a mini-fridge, kind of half-size). I've seen the inside of a bunch of rooms there over the years and I've found the photos and descriptions on the website to be pretty accurate. (The descriptions and specs (and some photos) for each room type are on the reservations page. More photos and video tours are on the Rooms page. 

As far as airports are concerned try to avoid LAX at all cost. Under the best of circumstances it is a mess. Besides constant construction the main problem with LAX is that it is located on the west side of Los Angeles which means one has to drive through the middle of the city to reach Palm Springs. Depending on the time of day the drive through downtown L.A. is god awful or worse. The best airports for Palm Springs are as follows: 1.) Palm Springs if price is reasonable, 2.) Ontario about an hour away is a great airport and very easy to negotiate, 3.) Orange County doable because it is on the east side of L.A. and finally 4.) San Diego probably a better drive than that from LAX but still a long drive.

13 hours ago, nycman said:

Ok, looking at flights….which all basically suck NYC-PSP.

Is flying JFK-San Diego and then driving up from San Diego to Palm Springs a horrible idea?

I grew up flying into Ontario and have made the drive to Palm Springs a couple of times.  As others have mentioned, about an hour drive.  

I always compare airfare flying ONT and PSP.  Of recent times, the difference has been small enough to fly into PSP.  However, this year the factor was flight times; I wasn't going to try to leave InnDulge before 5:00 to make sure I made a 7:00 flight out of ONT.