Overnights with Clients that Snore

On 7/26/2022 at 12:13 AM, Dante said:

Ear plugs. Doesn't have to be weird, snoring is totally normal. In drastic situations, sleep in a different room. 

Hmmm, I have to counter that. Snoring is shouldn’t ignored/normal and can be rather a serious issue:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/sleep-apnea/symptoms-causes/syc-20377631

spacer.png

I have known a few clients who actively sleep with Cpap machines. I remember a client years ago who I never spent a night with, but Lord have Mercy, the one night we did: it was like a buzzsaw all night. I hardly got a wink of sleep. Even being downstairs with headphones didn’t work. He told me, “I didn’t wear my Cpap machine, but I will tonight”. 

I even encouraged a regular client of mine to get a Cpap a few months ago. It didn’t even seem like he was ever sleeping. He would snore, and then wake up talking every 30 seconds. When he went to do the test, they found it to be severe. Idk how nobody ever told him. But, he lives alone. 

I want to hear any of the guys here who think they can sleep thru THAT level of snoring haha. I’d need to be drunk or on sleep drugs because that’s the only time I can actually sleep deep enough thru someone’s snoring 😆 And I’m a deep sleeper. But not when there’s a repeated noise like an alarm for hours at a time. 

I have a friend now who snores so loud also, but he just won’t get the machine. We spent 1 night in a hotel together, never again. 

Edited by Jarrod_Uncut

13 hours ago, Jarrod_Uncut said:

Snoring is shouldn’t ignored/normal and can be rather a serious issue:

Yes, apnea is a thing. Good to be aware of. I hope your client is doing well. So can snoring be a sign of an issue? Yes. Is it usually? No. Lots of people, especially older guys, just.... snore. (I'm not a doctor.) 

I'm assuming you were mostly just seizing the opportunity to tell a couple stories... but in case it wasn't clear, I meant "normal" in a social sense, as in, "it doesn't have to be weird if you snore", since I think that's what the OP was wondering about. 

16 hours ago, Dante said:

Yes, apnea is a thing. Good to be aware of. I hope your client is doing well. So can snoring be a sign of an issue? Yes. Is it usually? No. Lots of people, especially older guys, just.... snore. (I'm not a doctor.) 

I'm assuming you were mostly just seizing the opportunity to tell a couple stories... but in case it wasn't clear, I meant "normal" in a social sense, as in, "it doesn't have to be weird if you snore", since I think that's what the OP was wondering about. 

Well: the OP did bring it up, however most only gave a simple yes or no answer versus actual experiences.

Yeah snoring is “common” but it’s only “normal” to the degree that if someone can’t sleep next to that person, that goes from common and normal to something else. 

It’s not so much of it being “weird”, but I think the question explicitly asked:

On 7/20/2022 at 10:02 AM, DynamicUno said:

I'm curious how some of the providers here handle overnights with clients that snore?

It wasn’t whether it’s weird or normal, but rather: what would do? And I mentioned I’ve let people know it may be something to get treated for. Because many seem to be unaware. Even beyond clients, I’ve had nightmare dates who have snored all night and I barely got a wink of sleep.

One guy couple months back: he snored all night, (he was younger and in shape, which was unexpected) and was up moving and shaking at 6 a.m. to go to work, and because we only met twice guess he didn’t trust leaving me at his house. I probably only had 2 hours of sleep 🤦🏽‍♂️  

Edited by Jarrod_Uncut

• 1 month later...

Fortunately, I don’t snore and neither do my overnight guests. Unless we have a king bed, I’ll typically suggest that we sleep in separate queens. I’m not one for cuddling or intermittent sex during the night. We both wake up well rested and ready for a morning tune-up before heading out for a workout or coffee. 

1 hour ago, Pensant said:

Fortunately, I don’t snore and neither do my overnight guests. Unless we have a king bed, I’ll typically suggest that we sleep in separate queens. I’m not one for cuddling or intermittent sex during the night. We both wake up well rested and ready for a morning tune-up before heading out for a workout or coffee. 

Ditto. 2 queen beds. It helps if the beds are in separate rooms.

People’s sleep habits can be surprising. I took a couple of nights away with a friend of mine, who is also a sex worker (we often work together). We wanted to have a short break and decided not to see any clients whilst away, just chill out and have some fun (although we did shoot a film for justforfans whilst we were away to pay for the trip). He’d had a tough time so the idea was to help him recover and refresh his energy. 

Turns out that although we are compatible in many ways (we like similar things sexually and have similar interests) we are certainly not compatible when sleeping!

I sleep naked and prefer my companion to be naked, he prefers to wear pants and t shirt in bed. I go to bed early and like morning sex, he likes to stay up late, fuck before going to sleep, and then lay in. I like the window open, he wanted it closed. I like music playing to get off to sleep, he likes silence. I wanted to sleep on the right….so did he. He seemed to be awake all night, which kept waking me. 

The other problem was at the time he was on drugs which was probably why he stayed awake all night. I didn’t realise the extent of it at the time because he hid it (good news, he’s off them now).

The weekend was great fun in every way except sleeping. I think you really get to know someone when you sleep overnight with them in the same bed!