Monkey Pox & Massages

Guest untakenalias

Got my first shot yesterday. I was told I had to wait at least 4 weeks until shot #2 and that 2 weeks after shot 2 I’d be fully resistant. The NYC website is not allowing second appointments yet… so the question is:

Could one dose instead of two suffice?

https://www.science.org/content/article/there-s-shortage-monkeypox-vaccine-could-one-dose-instead-two-suffice

Compelling data from monkey and human studies suggest a single dose of the vaccine—produced by Bavarian Nordic and sold under three different brand names—solidly protects against monkeypox, and that the second dose mainly serves to extend the durability of protection.

🤔 hmmm, to massage or not to massage?

17 hours ago, SWFL44 said:

This was a new update today from the University of Barcelona.

Short and succinct..

https://www.biospace.com/article/monkeypox-serious-but-not-a-global-pandemic-experts-say/

Thanks I thinks its great to see and read all of the info that's coming out now.  But this article is confusing; in one paragraph they say " it has been found in saliva, semen, urine, fecal, nasal." Then in a later section, " The virus appears not be transmitted sexually." Well if it's found in the latter, then it can be transmitted sexually no? I realize I'm no medical expert, but......? Just wish they had cleared that up before publishing.

Regardless, I'm getting my shot or shots, as it can be through sex, or just contact skin to skin and droplets even...

Stay safe all!:)

7 minutes ago, jeezifonly said:

It hasn’t been narrowed down to medium of transmission yet?
Body fluids?
All of them?
Breath exhalation?
Skin cells to skin cells? 

Much to learn it seems…

From what I read, it seems to my non-medical eye that while it can be transmitted via bodily fluids, it’s not the casual transmission of said fluids - ie; shaking sweaty hands, sneezing, etc.. The emphasis is on sexual transmission because it is an active act where all manner of bodily fluids are exchanged over a prolonged period of time. 

Of course, I could be entirely wrong, but that’s what I’ve taken away from what I’ve read 🤷🏼‍♂️

BBD 

9 hours ago, starman05 said:

I need to get this vaccine. Until then, I’m playing it safe. Geez. Covid. Monkey pox. What a world. 

I hear this morning that some young children have been diagnosed with monkeypox.  They say it can be transmitted by coming into contact with infected sheets and towels.  I also heard that a young guy in his 20's from Pomona who traveled to Poland returned home with polio and is now paralyzed.  He was orthodox and not vaccinated for it.  They said it was the fastest that they ever saw someone get paralyzed from polio.  Looks like every disease is rearing its ugly head while the earth is burning up!

On 7/18/2022 at 5:32 PM, ontheroad said:

I wish they would say how many people over 50 have gotten it. It would at least give some indication whether the thought has truth. I mean 30 something’s aren’t the only ones with multiple partners!

From surveillance in Africa, particularly tracking MPOX in Zaire 1980-85, albeit very rare incidence, it is well established that the attack rate is much lower among those with Smallpox vaccination, but breakthrough Monkeypox disease can occur among those with the telltale Vaccinia scarification that designates a history of Smallpox vaxx uptake. Age at infection is less relevant because that tracking occurred not as long following global Smallpox vaccination rollout cessation, in contrast to how we stratify it by age in the developed world many decades later. The incidence was too rare to meaningfully establish an association between time from vaccination and level of susceptibility. Susceptibility was mostly based on presumed animal-to-human transmission, and secondary attack rate, eg household transmission, was extremely uncommon.

Now we tend to view it in terms of routine SPOX vaccination cut-off, naturally translating to the age-split variable. It follows that all that can be said is that Smallpox vaccination may offer some degree of cross-protection against today’s Monkeypox. It is viewed as an age variable although the historical evidence for partial protection, where actual infection is tracked, is not age-based. 

Edited by SirBillybob

On 7/22/2022 at 9:39 PM, Tactile Daddy said:

I was lucky enough to get the vaccine on Thursday July 21 at the Gay Lesbian Center in Hollywood where i happened to be for my regular STD testing. Surprisingly they were able to get me in and within 25 minutes I was vaxxed and out of there with a date for my second Vax in a month. 

Is the hollywood gay and lesbian center offering the MP vaccine to anyone, or is there a criteria to be eligible?

On 7/22/2022 at 8:05 AM, EVdude said:

Got my first shot yesterday. I was told I had to wait at least 4 weeks until shot #2 and that 2 weeks after shot 2 I’d be fully resistant. The NYC website is not allowing second appointments yet… so the question is:

Could one dose instead of two suffice?

https://www.science.org/content/article/there-s-shortage-monkeypox-vaccine-could-one-dose-instead-two-suffice

Compelling data from monkey and human studies suggest a single dose of the vaccine—produced by Bavarian Nordic and sold under three different brand names—solidly protects against monkeypox, and that the second dose mainly serves to extend the durability of protection.

🤔 hmmm, to massage or not to massage?

Thanks to your helps, and others', I'm getting my first dose today.  I've been trying to find answers to the same question you asked in this post.

2 things I'd like answers to are 1) if you had the smallpox vax as a kid, do you have good protection against MP? and 2)  Is there any boost from having a childhood smallpox and now one dose for MP?

From my reading, I've seen everything from "they don't know how much protection is left from smallpox vax" to "you'll be covered until you hit 88, if you live that long".  Ugh.

Edited by Jim_n_NYC

On 7/20/2022 at 6:19 PM, Redwine56 said:

I'd like to know if the vaccine for the monkeypox is truly a vaccine that will keep one safe from infection.  Unlike with the  COVID so called vaccine with people vaxed & boosted and still getting infected with all the new variants that keep mutating.  I'm thinking to look at the COVID 'vaccine' as a flu shot.  New variants cause the need for continuous shots to hopefully hold against new variants.  To me, a vaccine is one and done.

In short, kind of, yes. The monkeypox vaccine give what can be generally called sterilizing immunity.

https://www.cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeypox/clinicians/smallpox-vaccine.html

But... https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2021/09/sterilizing-immunity-myth-covid-19-vaccines/620023/

To be extremely, extremely simplistic, a lot depends upon the virus, its site of infection/entry into the host, and the type of immune response elicited by the vaccine. Viruses are incredibly diverse, very cool life forms.

For SARS-CoV-2, our current vaccines, while reducing symptoms of severity, don't elicit the type of immune response at the right virus' points of entry in our body, to prevent infection. And SARS-CoV-2 replicates like crazy once in the host.

For monkeypox (and smallpox, and the unrelated viruses, measles, HPV etc.) the vaccines elicit immune responses that prevent infection, or slow it down sufficiently to halt it and to stop it from becoming symptomatic.

Edited by musclvr

On 7/20/2022 at 10:58 PM, db66 said:

I searched for the word ‘pox’ on RentMasseur. There are a few dozen providers across various cities who state that they’ve had one or both doses of the vaccine. If that offers any comfort. 

No, it doesn't offer comfort.

Do you believe them? Most of them lie about their age, pics, services...