Monkey Pox & Massages

Guest untakenalias

The CDC specifically recommends waiting 4 weeks between MPX and covid (mRNA) shots due to risk of myocarditis, especially in (young) men:

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/clinical-considerations/covid-19-vaccines-us.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fvaccines%2Fcovid-19%2Finfo-by-product%2Fclinical-considerations.html

I opted to get the bivalent covid booster before the monkeypox booster... figured I'm more likely to breathe air than take a dick... 😅

On 9/10/2022 at 9:24 AM, chiloki said:

The CDC specifically recommends waiting 4 weeks between MPX and covid (mRNA) shots due to risk of myocarditis, especially in (young) men

That's really interesting, because the online form I just filled out for the MPX vaccine in Tampa offered this:

16.Unless contraindicated, would you be interested in receiving the COVID, hepatitis A and/or meningitis vaccines along the Monkeypox vaccine? /A menos que tenga una contraindicacion, esta usted interesado en recibir vacunas contra el COVID, hepatitis A y/o meningitis junto con la vacuna contra la Viruela del Mono?

• Monkeypox and COVID only/Viruela del Mono y COVID solamente
  • Monkeypox and hepatitis A only/Viruela del Mono y hepatitis A solamente
  • Monkeypox and meningitis only/Viruela del Mono y meningitis solamente
  • Monkeypox, COVID, hepatitis A and meningitis/Viruela del Mono, COVID, hepatitis A y meningitis
  • No
Edited by jeezopete
font change

On 9/10/2022 at 9:24 AM, chiloki said:

The CDC specifically recommends waiting 4 weeks between MPX and covid (mRNA) shots due to risk of myocarditis, especially in (young) men:

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/clinical-considerations/covid-19-vaccines-us.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fvaccines%2Fcovid-19%2Finfo-by-product%2Fclinical-considerations.html

I opted to get the bivalent covid booster before the monkeypox booster... figured I'm more likely to breathe air than take a dick... 😅

Not quite true…. There’s no known increase in risk of myocarditis from JYNNEOS and the COVID vaccines, and only a rare risk from ACAM2000 (which isn’t widely used anyway). Waiting 4 weeks isn’t specifically recommended, just worth considering if you’re an adolescent male. I got 2nd dose of JYNNEOS, Pfizer booster, and a flu shot all in the same week.   Fun times. 

from the CDC website:

• People, particularly adolescent or young adult males, might consider waiting 4 weeks after orthopoxvirus vaccination (either JYNNEOS or ACAM2000) before receiving a Moderna, Novavax, or Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine, because of the observed risk for myocarditis and/or pericarditis after receipt of ACAM2000 orthopoxvirus vaccine and mRNA (i.e., Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech) and Novavax COVID-19 vaccines and the unknown risk for myocarditis and/or pericarditis after JYNNEOS.

https://www.cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeypox/interim-considerations/jynneos-vaccine.html

2 hours ago, jeezopete said:

That's really interesting, because the online form I just filled out for the MPX vaccine in Tampa offered this:

16.Unless contraindicated, would you be interested in receiving the COVID, hepatitis A and/or meningitis vaccines along the Monkeypox vaccine? /A menos que tenga una contraindicacion, esta usted interesado en recibir vacunas contra el COVID, hepatitis A y/o meningitis junto con la vacuna contra la Viruela del Mono?

• Monkeypox and COVID only/Viruela del Mono y COVID solamente
  • Monkeypox and hepatitis A only/Viruela del Mono y hepatitis A solamente
  • Monkeypox and meningitis only/Viruela del Mono y meningitis solamente
  • Monkeypox, COVID, hepatitis A and meningitis/Viruela del Mono, COVID, hepatitis A y meningitis
  • No

Jeezpopete, I filled that same online form out for Tampa also and it took about 2 weeks for the call back which I received today. They were ready to provide me with it as early as tomorrow. I thought I'd just  give you a time guideline as it was impossible to find someone to talk with prior to the call back it seemed. Good luck!

2 minutes ago, jeezopete said:

When I submitted the form it said I’d hear from them within 3 business days. Did you get that message too but not hear back for 2 weeks?

Yes, it did initially say that but the "Jag" is on it's way. No worries :)

Is monkeypox even still a thing anymore? I never hear about it but I also do read liberal slanted normie news, and new clients don't ask about it either.

A few weeks ago one visiting client said he was so scared and stressed about monkeypox and that he got his first dose and wanted to know if I've been vaxxed for it, so instead of telling him no, I just told him his first dose is useless and he has to wait weeks after his 2nd dose before any close physical contact with another human. He said okay and that hell contact me next month lol 

:)

27 minutes ago, allyouknow said:

numbers are down because the gay community took action as soon as the threat emerged. 

Like we’ve done in past situations. I remember lining up for meningitis vaccines a few years ago when it was an issue in Chicago. The numbers are down here but we’ve also only had around 10,000 people get their second shot, so there are a lot of unprotected guys out there. My hubby’s getting his second shot as we speak and I’m scheduled for next week so we’re doing our part.