2022 Goals

MysticMenace
This topic is 833 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was gonna say resolution...but I have not had a resolution that I have actually followed through, so we'll stick with goals. Got any this year? I'll keep mine simple.

1. Complete the zumba DVD by 6/30/2022.
  2. Learn how to do the airwalk, moonwalk, and side glide by 9/30/2022.
  3. Complete at least 2 tennis classes by 10/31/2022.
  4. Complete a lap of freestyle and/or backstroke swim by 12/31/2022.
  5. Complete at least 2.5M steps by 12/31/2022.
  6. Go on at least 5 dates by 12/31/2022.

How about you?

10 hours ago, Pensant said:

Reduce alcohol intake by starting with Dryuary.

Yes and no on this idea. I started by only having one glass of wine last night, but no cold turkey for me. (Spoiler no turkey in my house this Christmas, but you know I didn't mean that sort of cold turkey.) We'll see how long that aim can be maintained, or rather lived up to.

Hmm, arrived at the airport in plenty of time for my flight. It's delayed. An hour. I'm in the lounge sipping on a flat white (QF has two lounges in Canberra, so far only one is open, but it's the upper tier one, for all people eligible for either). I can already hear a glass of bubbly calling me. I don't propose to report back on whether it won.

Perhaps I might add an ambition to only book flights where I have lounge access.

Edited by mike carey

I'm on track to visiting five new countries this year: Two south of the United States (Mexico and Peru) and three in Europe (Wales, Scotland, and Poland or the Czech Republic). This is the only goal I have set for 2022.

Everything else that I do that's new, exciting, and memorable, is cherry on top.

Edited by alrajee

1). Grow things

2). Find homes for my material possessions

3). Give back to the people who have helped me along the way and give to those who need help along their way.

4). Gain EU citizenship

5). Instead of being engaged in my “Renewal” annually, seasonally, by circumstance, I want to be doing it every moment of every day~ 

6). Write more music and help people write theirs.

7). Move forward with change.

12 hours ago, E.T.Bass said:

Pensant, May I ask what you will write about?  Sounds like a great goal.

I’m writing a book about my travels and personal interactions in Central and Eastern Europe, including Ukraine and Belarus. I’m also researching a book about the despair, addiction and monotony of a small Appalachian town, but need to spend some time there this year. Along the lines of Dreamland, by Sam Quinoñes.

2 hours ago, Pensant said:

I’m writing a book about my travels and personal interactions in Central and Eastern Europe, including Ukraine and Belarus. I’m also researching a book about the despair, addiction and monotony of a small Appalachian town, but need to spend some time there this year. Along the lines of Dreamland, by Sam Quinoñes.

I will read it if available.

12 hours ago, mike carey said:

Hmm, arrived at the airport in plenty of time for my flight. It's delayed. An hour. I'm in the lounge sipping on a flat white (QF has two lounges in Canberra, so far only one is open, but it's the upper tier one, for a people eligible for either). I can already hear a glass of bubbly calling me. I don't propose to report back on whether it won.

Perhaps I might add an ambition to only book flights where I have lounge access.

I used accumulated points on an airline credit card to buy lounge access at the beginning of the year--in 2020. I never flew at all that year, but the airline kindly credited me to use the lounge access in 2021. I didn't fly that year either.

7 minutes ago, Charlie said:

I used accumulated points on an airline credit card to buy lounge access at the beginning of the year--in 2020. I never flew at all that year, but the airline kindly credited me to use the lounge access in 2021. I didn't fly that year either.

Did the credit transfer to this year?

45 minutes ago, Charlie said:

My access this time was courtesy of my airline status (rolled over successively since the start of the pandemic). I only needed one flight in my last membership year to retain status and I think with this flight, or perhaps one or two more, I'll be good for yet another year's extension. Unlike the US, here lounge access is the main benefit of status. So, getting any ticket on Qantas is the easiest way for me to achieve my 'lounge' ambition for the year.You also receive access if you're travelling in Business on a revenue ticket, an award flight or a points upgrade.

None of those would have been much use to someone like you who didn't get to fly at all. I'm not sure where QF is with paid memberships now, but for some time they just stopped the clock on expiry rather than extend memberships for a year. They have enough lounges open for them to have ended that pause. (They sell memberships for a year from the date you buy it not by the calendar year. I still have a short period of paid membership waiting for when, or if, my status runs out.)

Oh, and the flight ended up being delayed two and a half hours. I didn't take advantage of the complimentary wine they served on the flight.

35 minutes ago, mike carey said:

My access this time was courtesy of my airline status (rolled over successively since the start of the pandemic). I only needed one flight in my last membership year to retain status and I think with this flight, or perhaps one or two more, I'll be good for yet another year's extension. Unlike the US, here lounge access is the main benefit of status. So, getting any ticket on Qantas is the easiest way for me to achieve my 'lounge' ambition for the year.You also receive access if you're travelling in Business on a revenue ticket, an award flight or a points upgrade.

None of those would have been much use to someone like you who didn't get to fly at all. I'm not sure where QF is with paid memberships now, but for some time they just stopped the clock on expiry rather than extend memberships for a year. They have enough lounges open for them to have ended that pause. (They sell memberships for a year from the date you buy it not by the calendar year. I still have a short period of paid membership waiting for when, or if, my status runs out.)

Oh, and the flight ended up being delayed two and a half hours. I didn't take advantage of the complimentary wine they served on the flight.

You did better than a friend of mine here in PS who tried to fly to her family in Oklahoma on Xmas Eve. She sat on the plane for three hours here waiting to take off, at which point they returned to the terminal to offload all the passengers who had lost their connecting flights by then; she was one of them, so she just went back home and tried to re-book for the next day. But that didn't work, and she didn't finally get to Oklahoma until just before midnight on Dec. 26. Everything was going smoothly on her trip back on New Year's Eve, when the passenger sitting next to her had a stroke, and the plane had to make an emergency landing in Tucson (she said the guy kept moaning, "I don't want to die in Tucson!").

5 hours ago, Epigonos said:

I'm looking forward to doing a tour of the country houses of central England in the fall. 

I'm scheduled to fly to the Mid-West on January 26th to accompany Oliver on his drive out to Palm Springs for his annual winter visit.  Hopefully flight scheduled will be sorted out by then -- keep your fingers crossed for us.

That does sound like fun. Which country houses do you plan to see?