$500 the new hourly rack rate?

robberbaron4u

10 hours ago, Benjamin_Nicholas said:

You're very kind, thank you. 

I much prefer 'a legend in my own mind' and now that I've got a Gloria Swanson staircase, it makes dramatic entrances and exits a lot more fun. 

The truth be told! That stated, the Swan Bed is a "must-have" to compliment to the GW staircase. . .

1 hour ago, HoseMaster said:

I just did a random search next month from LAX to London. American Airlines no less! Round trip from $552!  Therefore a round trip ticket from New York has to be cheaper.

F7762776-E33D-4D5F-9FDA-9DF1FB556677.jpeg

Basic eco on AA... You pay for luggage as well as seat assignments. 

Endpoint:  It adds up to a lot more than $552.

3 minutes ago, tassojunior said:

pros know to find a motel room with a revolving door or at least an entrance and an exit at whatever the highest bid is for next one up.  

Actually, the real pros know how to minimize wear & tear on themselves while earning as much as they can.

A true revolving door mentality doesn't lend itself to lasting long in this business. 

Work smarter, not harder.  That's key.

9 hours ago, Benjamin_Nicholas said:

Well, that took be by surprise, I'd never seen long haul flights with baggage not included in the price, but then trans-Atlantic flights are not what I usually search. And yes random LAX-LHR and JFK-LHR searches for next month showed most fares didn't include it, and that was irrespective of whether the fare was labelled Economy or Basic Economy. At least on American my OW status should get me a free bag, but that's all theoretical as it's not a trip I'm likely ever to take.

If he's identified a niche in the SF market that is willing to pay him that rate, then more power to him.  He's at least put in a little more effort to his presentation than throwing a few random bathroom selfies on RM.  He's not my preference, but if SF has a niche client base that goes for that look and is willing to pay the rate, then good for him.  SF is one of the few cities I can imagine that working.

Edited by DynamicUno

19 hours ago, Benjamin_Nicholas said:

I think it's always best to book awards since they are almost never in basic and easily refundable. Otherwise if you pay $ and have a checked bag the game is to get your attention but have you upgrade to Main.

I booked a Delta promo 32K WAS to BCN for 32K RT. Delta advertises that route for $600 but that is for Basic. Main is more like $750. Delta also has Premium Select 90K RT many US cities to many European cities. Tempting. Their PS is A+. 

Also,  TAP is really making a move on US markets to Europe with new cheap nonstops from many cities.  

Edited by tassojunior

1 minute ago, tassojunior said:

I think it's always best to book awards since they are almost never in basic and easily refundable. Otherwise if you pay $ and have a checked bag the game is to get your attention but have you upgrade to Main.

I booked a promo 32K WAS to BCN for 32K RT. Delta advertises that route for $600 but that is for Basic. Main is more like $750. Delta also has Premium Select 90K RT many US cities to many European cities. Tempting. Their PS is A+.    

Agree, but you're assuming that people here have airline status, frequent flier miles or upgrades to spare.  

Basic Economy is what it is.  You get it cheap on the front end, but you pay for it eventually, one way or another.  

It's the Spiritization of legacy airlines.  I dislike it.