What Your Drink Order at a Gay Bar Says About You? Really?

MysticMenace
This topic is 1057 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I thought this was a fun video to watch, but after he shaded my go-to drinks, long-island iced tea, moscow mule, and gin and tonic, am like low-key offended, but then again, I haven't really gone to gay bars, so maybe there is some truth to what this bartender is saying...what is your go-to drink order at a gay bar?

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter, I am not gonna spend my money to drink something I don't like. But curious to see what y'all think of his video.

2 minutes ago, DynamicUno said:

Rum and Coke triggered me.  I gave my blowjobs in the back hall of the Heretic like a civilized slut.

Haven't been to a gay bar in some time but my standard drink is vodka tonic. If I think the glasses might not be clean, I have a light beer.

2 hours ago, JoeMendoza said:

I thought this was a fun video to watch, but after he shaded my go-to drinks, long-island iced tea, moscow mule, and gin and tonic, am like low-key offended, but then again, I haven't really gone to gay bars, so maybe there is some truth to what this bartender is saying...what is your go-to drink order at a gay bar?

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter, I am not gonna spend my money to drink something I don't like. But curious to see what y'all think of his video.

I watched this video in its entirety.  Now I need a drink, a big one.😝

I only made it through about 2 1/2 minutes, which was long enough for him to finally give 3 opinions about what drink orders mean in a gay bar:

Beer - you are a top

Manhattan - you are an older gay man who just wants to sit by yourself and make catty comments to those around you

Cosmo - you are an older gay man who wants to remain current with pop culture and have fun with younger guys

Beyond just generally finding this guy annoying, these above observations are just so silly. 

6 hours ago, maninsoma said:

I only made it through about 2 1/2 minutes, which was long enough for him to finally give 3 opinions about what drink orders mean in a gay bar:

Beer - you are a top

Manhattan - you are an older gay man who just wants to sit by yourself and make catty comments to those around you

Cosmo - you are an older gay man who wants to remain current with pop culture and have fun with younger guys

Beyond just generally finding this guy annoying, these above observations are just so silly. 

I must be easily amused. I found him very entertaining.

Bought a case of some Kirkland hard seltzer at Costco yesterday. A friend turned me on to now-trendy hard seltzer just a few weeks ago and I regret missing out on the craze. Low sugar and carbs, manageable calories, very refreshing in the summer, and just enough of a buzz, but not too much!

On 6/24/2021 at 10:59 AM, Phil_musc said:

It must be me - I found the whole thing annoying. Although I was amazed to hear the Bach Double Violin Concerto in the background. I would never have guessed that for the speaker. 

On 6/24/2021 at 12:32 PM, azdr0710 said:

Definitely not just you!  The guy is just another too-animated wannabe social media star. Nothing to see here, folks. Move along, move along. 

I'd advise him to hold onto that day job.

The night before my Tufts University interview, the fellow who had volunteered his bed for me, a freshman, had a roommate who is a sophomore. The sophomore‘s German tutor from prep school showed up and the German tutor, his lover, myself, and the second year tough student all went out drinking. This was in Boston and we went over to sports. I remember having Bourbon stingers and stopping bye the flower portion of boston to buy flowers. We got home about 2 AM and I had an 8 AM interview. Needless to say although I was waitlisted I wasn’t admitted to Tufts. I did, however go to MIT so I think I made out OK.

Bourbon stingers and stopping bye the flower portion of boston to buy flowers. We got home about 2 AM and I had an 8 AM interview. Needless to say although I was waitlisted I wasn’t admitted to Tufts. I did, however go to MIT so I think I made out OK.

These days, it’s more likely for me to have a gin and tonic or, if they know how to make them, a proper margarita

I am going to go against the grain and meekly agree with @JoeMendoza  and say I liked the video.   I've been off gay scene at least 10 years, haven't been to a gay pub in at least 5 years... and I vicariously like the presenter -- he reminds me of so many fun bartenders I've interacted with so many years ago, a bit of reliving my misspent youth....

2 hours ago, gallahadesquire said:

The night before my Tufts University interview, the fellow who had volunteered his bed for me, a freshman, had a roommate who is a sophomore. The sophomore‘s German tutor from prep school showed up and the German tutor, his lover, myself, and the second year tough student all went out drinking. This was in Boston and we went over to sports. I remember having Bourbon stingers and stopping bye the flower portion of boston to buy flowers. We got home about 2 AM and I had an 8 AM interview. Needless to say although I was waitlisted I wasn’t admitted to Tufts. I did, however go to MIT so I think I made out OK.

Bourbon stingers and stopping bye the flower portion of boston to buy flowers. We got home about 2 AM and I had an 8 AM interview. Needless to say although I was waitlisted I wasn’t admitted to Tufts. I did, however go to MIT so I think I made out OK.

These days, it’s more likely for me to have a gin and tonic or, if they know how to make them, a proper margarita

It's hard to beat a good gin and tonic or a well-made margarita on the rocks.

I like knowing folks' "go-to" drinks. 

Bourbon, specifically Maker's Mark, with a slice of lime or slice of orange. On ice when it's hot; neat when temps are cooler/cold.

Daytime...by the pool or at the beach...Double vodka (Tito's or Grey Goose preferably), splash of cranberry and splash of sprite with a lime. 

Alternatively when I am ready to "paint the town"...double vodka (see above brands) with Red Bull Sugar Free. 

Not sure what those drinks say about me. I might watch the video at some point to find out. 😜🤣

Edited by HotWhiteThirties