Prince Philip Is Dead

DR FREUD
This topic is 1112 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Thank you, Mr. Nicholas!

Oh my! I had forgotten how every dead celeb thread always begins with the “He had a hot ass but he couldn’t live forever.” line! ?

I suppose I should finish up a few work things before sinking into the rabbit hole on DL ?

BBD

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, Mr. Nicholas!

Oh my! I had forgotten how every dead celeb thread always begins with the “He had a hot ass but he couldn’t live forever.” line! ?

I suppose I should finish up a few work things before sinking into the rabbit hole on DL ?

BBD

I read DL first thing in the morning lol

So, Channel 9 News here is making this confident prediction about the Prince's funeral.

EzIg-CPVEAAhGew?format=jpg&name=medium

I suspect this may not have been what they intended to convey, but I fervently hope that they are correct. Even at the funeral for a man of his age, such a thing would be unbecoming.

I think the Queen's longevity comes from her mother's side of the family. Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother, lived to 101.

The Queen's father, grandfather and great grandfather all died much younger.

The Queen's four children are all lucky to have inherited such genes but genes alone do not guarantee a long life.

I don’t know about the grandfather and great, but George VI was a heavy smoker who died of lung cancer. His mother, Mary of Teck, died at 87.

I don’t know about the grandfather and great, but George VI was a heavy smoker who died of lung cancer. His mother, Mary of Teck, died at 87.

There isn't a history of extreme longevity prior to the Queen Mother, but Elizabeth's Great-Grandmother Alexandra was about 80 when she died in 1925, and Victoria was 81 when she died in 1901. Not bad for those times. Her Great-Aunt by blood, Princess Alice of Athlone lived to 97, dying in 1981 I think, and her Aunt by marriage, Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester surpassed the age of the Queen Mother and died at 102 in 2004, I think. Interestingly, the ones who live the longest have tended to marry into the family, rather than being part of the royal bloodline. The Luxembourghish royals seem to have good genes, with a number making it into their 90s in recent years.

Great source! ;) ?

I must confess. When I posted that link, the photo on Wikipedia was of an unsheathed penis. I doubt that photo lasted on there more than a minute, I suppose.

Prince Andrew was smokin' hot in his 20s.

At the time there were unfounded rumors that Andrew was a "love child". Despite the appearance the royal couple lived together all the time and were inseparable, there were many times they were separated for weeks or longer.