Why rural "straight" men have bud sex with each other.

Walker1
This topic is 1692 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many, many men compartmentalize sex, this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who's seen what goes on in gym steam rooms or bookstores. I think there are men who have had sex hundreds of times with other men without exchanging a single word or knowing the partner's name. I think for some of them it's really just a form of enhanced masturbation. It feels good, so they do it.

Greatly miss CL, the one single source of countless hookups, just simply irreplaceable.

Does anyone know of good current alternatives? In face, which is the best current alternative. Please share your wisdom, those in the know. Thanks!

The CL shut down definitely messed up my sex life, especially when it came to find fellow guys around my age. The shut down forced me to get into cruising which has been wack and mentally poisonous. Doublelist has been dubbed CL's alternative but it just isn't the same.

The CL shut down definitely messed up my sex life, especially when it came to find fellow guys around my age. The shut down forced me to get into cruising which has been wack and mentally poisonous. Doublelist has been dubbed CL's alternative but it just isn't the same.

Nothing will be the same as Craigslist.

Because the platform was/is used for job placement, roommates, item sales, and apartments, users for those purposes would sometimes cross over to personals when the mood would arise, this producing a wider and more diverse pool of users and browsers than any alternative really can and ever will.

Interesting read on gay sex in the Saudi Kingdom. Interesting they seem to view gay behavior as an act or behavior and not orientation. Also seems to be that being top is ok and not considered as gay- of course as long as they keep it under wraps.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2007/05/the-kingdom-in-the-closet/305774/

The ancient Greeks and Romans had pretty much the same ideas.

An interesting read. Sad craigslist personals is no longer there-due to bipartisan passed FOSTA.

https://www.thecut.com/2016/12/why-straight-rural-men-have-gay-bud-sex-with-each-other.html

Someone should create an app connecting desperate women from large cities accustomed to be fucked and dumped by guys with guys from rural areas (for example Alaska and the fracking cowboys of ND) who just don't have quality women to date.

@studchaser I'm sure you can post on this thread about your experiences.

Interesting read on gay sex in the Saudi Kingdom. Interesting they seem to view gay behavior as an act or behavior and not orientation. Also seems to be that being top is ok and not considered as gay- of course as long as they keep it under wraps.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2007/05/the-kingdom-in-the-closet/305774/

I was stationed in Germany in the army in the 70s. The parks and train stations were full of Turkish guest workers cruising for sex. These guys apparently had wives and families in Turkey and didn't see anything wrong with male-on-male sex with Americans and northern Europeans. Greeks were much the same way. Oh, those Greek men!

Someone should create an app connecting desperate women from large cities accustomed to be fucked and dumped by guys with guys from rural areas (for example Alaska and the fracking cowboys of ND) who just don't have quality women to date.

@studchaser I'm sure you can post on this thread about your experiences.

I dont believe 2 str8 men will tend to have sex with each other. 9 times out of 10 one of the guys is gay and closeted. That guy tends to be the aggressor and seducer. Alot of str8 guys will let a gay guy blow them most dont wanna see another hairy ass and are not interested in bottoming. This is of course the general rule.

I was stationed in Germany in the army in the 70s. The parks and train stations were full of Turkish guest workers cruising for sex. These guys apparently had wives and families in Turkey and didn't see anything wrong with male-on-male sex with Americans and northern Europeans. Greeks were much the same way. Oh, those Greek men!

Possibly what those guys found in the park was more smooth and in better shape than what they had back home...

I dont believe 2 str8 men will tend to have sex with each other. 9 times out of 10 one of the guys is gay and closeted. That guy tends to be the aggressor and seducer. Alot of str8 guys will let a gay guy blow them most dont wanna see another hairy ass and are not interested in bottoming. This is of course the general rule.

Good analysis in rural areas... in the cities having sex with a woman is very easy now a days.

Edited by marylander1940

I think the article posited that the guys are not straight even though they believe themselves straight. I choose to believe that people are what they say they are, except when what they say they are is obviously discordant with that they do.

@studchaser, it's interesting how your perception of reality is so heavily influenced by your fantasies.

Oh the number of times I've fantasized about going back in time and fucking EVERY closeted farm dad in my very very small home town; it's a large number of jack sessions that's for sure.

I'm sure there are plenty of guys in LA and visiting who you can fuck! Home town reminiscences are wonderful, though!

Like the guys on rentmen.

I would agree with that. A guy who advertises on RM that he is straight probably isn't straight. But they are sort of a special case. They know that you know that they're bullshitting, but it makes a nice fantasy. So nobody wants to upset the apple cart and call them on the fact that they aren't straight.

Oh the number of times I've fantasized about going back in time and fucking EVERY closeted farm dad in my very very small home town; it's a large number of jack sessions that's for sure.

If I'd been worldly and wise I would have taken a few of those hot Iowa farm boys that lived in my house in college.

There's no place like home. :)

F4oF.gif