"Will and Grace" is back

deej
This topic is 1864 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was thinking that they would just have episodes that take place at any point in time during the series if they still wanted to honor the series finale. For instance the first episode of the revival could take place between episodes 7 and 8 of season 5. Or they could just ignore everything all together and just give a good 30 minute sitcom (though I do hope that we could see a small tribute to Debbie Reynolds since she played Grace's mother - maybe actually have the character die off screen and refer to it.)

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. No shortage of negativity here. :)

The brilliance of Will and Grace was simple - 4 actors with great chemistry delivering funny and sometimes outrageous one liners, all directed by the great James Burrows. When they were on, they were amazing. When they weren't, viewers rolled their eyes and nodded off to sleep.

This group is perfect to have another go at more biting writing. I loved the votehoney video. Clearly, they're up and primed for a reunion. I'm looking forward to it.

There's some things you just can't tinker with. The social construct for jokes which you refer to is something which the current 18-49 demo is most likely going to reject or at least grow tired of very quickly. I resurrected by ex for a time or two, but in hindsight, it was just like digging up an old bone. Somewhat satisfying in the beginning, but too soon afterwards tiresome and tedious. And that happened in an alley. :eek:

Maybe it's just me, but I have no idea what the following means -

"I resurrected by ex for a time or two, but in hindsight, it was just like digging up an old bone. Somewhat satisfying in the beginning, but too soon afterwards tiresome and tedious. And that happened in an alley..."

Gman

I always enjoyed the series however I do recall that "Jack" was sharp tongued, sarcastic and sometimes bitchy but always smart, in the beginning of the season but devolved (somewhat along with Karen) into ignorant jackasses.

I recall at the time commenting on how TV producers seem to do that to certain characters after a period. I can recall it with Julia Louis Dreyfus' character "Christine" in the series: the new adventures of old christine

There were others as well I can't call to mind at the moment

I thought they looked "tired" in the video.

They seemed to be desperately trying to recreate the magic they once had at their fingertips.

Unfortunately, that never goes well.....

http://theproudparents.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Recreate.jpg

Some of these recreated photos are worse than others.

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/dlaqsyg3sed2e58/File%20Jan%2019%2C%204%2031%2051%20PM.jpeg?dl=0

I always enjoyed the series however I do recall that "Jack" was sharp tongued, sarcastic and sometimes bitchy but always smart, in the beginning of the season but devolved (somewhat along with Karen) into ignorant jackasses.

I recall at the time commenting on how TV producers seem to do that to certain characters after a period. I can recall it with Julia Louis Dreyfus' character "Christine" in the series: the new adventures of old christine

You are definitely right. In the pilot, Karen's voice wasn't even that high/cartoonish. If you look at the pilot of All In The Family, Edith's voice wasn't as high and scratchy either.

Gman

Can we wait and see at least one episode before everyone starts tearing it apart.......Jeez!

No, I am sorry - we cannot. Making judgements based on fact instead of speculation is STRICTLY prohibited. Doing so will result in a red "X" being placed on section three of your permanent file.

http://www.clipartbest.com/cliparts/jix/pjA/jixpjAq9T.png

• 3 months later...

It's very hard to recapture the magic of a groundbreaking show log past its original era. I'll watch W&G, but I don't have high hopes. Hope I'm wrong

Saw a promo last night that ROSEANNE is also coming back. (Funny ad... no real images, just a warning about the scariest sound you ever heard.... ending with Roseanne's cackle.) Same expectations.

If a cable network had picked up Roseanne, they'd have the opportunity for more contemporary political stuff.... But a major network won't do more than hint at those issues.

I read they were going to pick the show up 10 years after the finale so maybe it will take place while Will and Grace's children are still toddlers. Thinking about the finale it is possible that the characters did reunite before their children did go to college. Or they could just tell good episodes that could take place anywhere in their history. However they do it I am very anxious for the return (and plus with James Burrows directing it that will make it all the better).

There was a trailer for it on the advocate's site that is pretty funny. The cast has aged well.

http://www.advocate.com/arts-entertainment/2017/5/15/first-trailer-will-grace-here

Thanks for sharing this link. I think the trailer is really well done, and the orchestra at the end is a nice touch. Too bad they went for pre-recorded voice tracks, but a fantasy is a fantasy. Will is wearing an extraordinary amount of make-up, and Grace fondly mentions his lipstick. Karen and Jack are true to form. If Max Mutchnick and David Kohan are in charge of the writing, this could be a seriously funny reboot. Seems like the time is right.

Brenda on Six Feet Under. In season one she was a prodigy; smart but manipulative, always mentally a few steps ahead of the situation, and seeming to plot encounters for the sport or her own intellectual amusement. For the rest of the series she was most often a cynical, brooding victim of her relationships with men and with her family, and a victim of her own flawed choices.

• 2 months later...

Lovely people....one cannot discount the contribution of this show to the cause...

I am excited to see this show come back.

http://imageslogotv-a.akamaihd.net//uri/mgid:file:http:shared:newnownext.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/wgew-1501678619.jpg?quality=0.8&format=jpg&width=1800