"Will and Grace" is back

deej
This topic is 1878 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Tonight, on Will and Grace

Lucy and Viv get trapped in the shower.....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DAeyYrBtq8k/UIHDQ78adXI/AAAAAAAAAPY/77lEMgNZRJc/s1600/Screen+shot+2012-10-19+at+10.09.38+AM.png

38be027ce9e7bb074d81f30ff2e9f5a9--lucy-lucy-i-love-lucy.jpg

Coming attractions show them working in a candy factory. Should be fun.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there's no fault in paying homage.... They are ALL comedy icons.

But Karen and Grace are only 1/2 of the equation. Will and Jack dealing with being "aging GAYS" was something we could all relate to. Lesson to be learned: if you are an OLD Gay, stay OUT of the Gay bars now.. Most the boys arent really into "relics"....

I'm not quite "feeling" the new shows yet as much as I hoped to or want to. Still love the re-runs but can't quite put my finger on why I'm not into the new ones. Only two shows so I'm not giving up by any means yet. Perhaps there was so much hype about the return that I set up unrealistic expectations but I'm definitely not laughing out loud like I do with many of the originals.

Enjoyed the "Daddy" theme. Loved the homage to Lucy and Ethel in the shower. Loved Will and Jack's dance during the closing credits. Really loved it. Hints of them finally having their Rachel and Ross moment. Bridget-Mrs. Potato Head-Mary Pat Gleason is no Rosario, but it's too soon to tell. Surprised they got Ben Platt away from Broadway. Ben Platt does nothing for me, but he acted the part well. Eric McCormack is still wearing way too much makeup.

Edited by rogerG

I'm not quite "feeling" the new shows yet as much as I hoped to or want to. Still love the re-runs but can't quite put my finger on why I'm not into the new ones. Only two shows so I'm not giving up by any means yet. Perhaps there was so much hype about the return that I set up unrealistic expectations but I'm definitely not laughing out loud like I do with many of the originals.

I think it's probably because Gay humor isnt as groundbreaking as it was when the original aired. But the slapstick nature of the show continues which takes the "reality" out of situations that would be otherwise REAL.

Tony winner Ben Platt, who plays Evan Hansen in the Tony winning musical Dear Evan Hansen, was very funny as Will's 23 yo date. The gay history lesson was amusing with the confusion over Stonewall & Stonehedge, plus, the old/new comparisons of coming out. Well done!

The line about "Judy Ism" was a hoot.

Enjoyed the episode.

Well, there's no fault in paying homage.... They are ALL comedy icons.

But Karen and Grace are only 1/2 of the equation. Will and Jack dealing with being "aging GAYS" was something we could all relate to. Lesson to be learned: if you are an OLD Gay, stay OUT of the Gay bars now.. Most the boys arent really into "relics"....

Not ALL. I was never a young guy frequenting the gay bars. I started going the year I turned 40, (long out of the closet) and was over it 3 years later.

So is Ben Platt officially "out" or was he simply never "in" in the first place? I haven't seen anything on it, but he certainly reads gay.

I first ventured tentatively to gay bars in my late 20s. I'd come in at 6 pm, see nobody there but the 80-year-old alcoholic in the corner, think to myself, "I guess I AM the only one" and go home. I didn't realize everybody was waiting for their wives and children to fall asleep so gay bars didn't get going until 11 pm even on a weeknight.

I realize no one knew about Puerto Rico when the show began taping, but how great would it be if they replace Mary Pat Gleason (Karen's maid) with a Rosario-2. This is the perfect time for Karen to have an anti-Trump Latina maid from Puerto Rico. If you think about it, the jokes might never end. And goodness knows the Puerto Rican community could use a good laugh.

The first episode got better in the last 10-15 minutes. Much like any new show there was a lot of exposition and set up and many of the jokes fell flat. Karen being a Trump supporter is honestly totally in character since she loves her money. The second episode seemed much more a return to form and the chemistry was more on. The jokes seem to be less flat. It's also fairly obvious from both Will and Jack having a romatic plot the writers realize Will doesn't have to be neutered as he was so often in the original.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night's episode introduced us to Jack's young grandson, Skip, who happens to be gay. When Jack's son Elliot asks "Grandpa" Jack to take Skip to his 1st Broadway show, Jack's reaction is priceless.

Guest appearances were made by Jane Lynch & Andrew Rannells. They play a married couple who run a camp that's suppose to teach kids to be straight. Good make-out scene between Will & Andrew.

A few other laughs like how one sits on a sofa can determine if you are gay but, seriously, Grace needs some better lines. Her character is getting stale.

Edited by Cooper

Last night's episode introduced us to Jack's young grandson, Skip, who happens to be gay. When Jack's son Elliot asks "Grandpa" Jack to take Skip to his 1st Broadway show, Jack's reaction is priceless.

Guest appearances were made by Jane Lynch & Andrew Rannells. They play a married couple who run a camp that's suppose to teach kids to be straight. Good make-out scene between Will & Andrew.

A few other laughs like how one sits on a sofa can determine if you are gay but, seriously, Grace needs some better lines. Her character is getting stale.

I thought the episode, which addressed a common and sensitive family issue was handled with taste and respect.

So remember when Leo showed up at Grace’s breast cancer scare?

Jill Goodacre, a former model and the wife of musician and actor Harry Connick, Jr., revealed Wednesday her secret five-year battle with breast cancer.

Goodacre, 53, told People that she went for a routine annual mammogram in October 2012, and though that test came back clear, her sonogram didn’t.

After undergoing a biopsy, the model learned she had Stage 1 invasive ductal carcinoma, the most common form of breast cancer.

She immediately underwent a lumpectomy and radiation, which she says “absolutely wiped (her) out.”

Connick, who lost his mother to ovarian cancer when he was just 13, admitted that his wife’s health scare left him fearful.

“I was scared I was going to lose her, absolutely,” he told People. “I wasn’t going to let her see that, but I was. I know from losing my mom that the worst can happen. She’s my best friend, and I really don’t know what I would do without her.”

The couple also revealed that one of the most difficult parts of learning Goodacre had cancer was breaking the news to their three daughters.

“It broke my heart,” she said.

In the five years since her diagnosis, Goodacre says she’s continued to take Tamoxifen, an estrogen modular that helps halt breast cancer — but that the negative side effects, like weight gain, have been difficult to deal with.

“I’ve always been a pretty fit person, and so to be just rounder and heavier and not to really be able to do much about it — that’s been hard,” she said. “It’s taken a lot out of my self-confidence.”

Connick and Goodacre — who tied the knot in 1994 — explained that since she’s been in remission for five years now, it felt like the right time to share their battle with the world.

“It wasn’t like we were superstitious, like if we said something about being in the clear we’d somehow jinx it,” she said. “But we wanted to be well on the other side of things before we told everybody. The doctors all say that after the five-year mark, things look optimistic, so we’re starting to feel pretty good.”

Goodacre will talk more about her breast cancer battle on Thursday’s episode of her husband’s show “Harry.”

So remember when Leo showed up at Grace’s breast cancer scare?

Jill Goodacre, a former model and the wife of musician and actor Harry Connick, Jr., revealed Wednesday her secret five-year battle with breast cancer.

Goodacre, 53, told People that she went for a routine annual mammogram in October 2012, and though that test came back clear, her sonogram didn’t.

After undergoing a biopsy, the model learned she had Stage 1 invasive ductal carcinoma, the most common form of breast cancer.

She immediately underwent a lumpectomy and radiation, which she says “absolutely wiped (her) out.”

Connick, who lost his mother to ovarian cancer when he was just 13, admitted that his wife’s health scare left him fearful.

“I was scared I was going to lose her, absolutely,” he told People. “I wasn’t going to let her see that, but I was. I know from losing my mom that the worst can happen. She’s my best friend, and I really don’t know what I would do without her.”

The couple also revealed that one of the most difficult parts of learning Goodacre had cancer was breaking the news to their three daughters.

“It broke my heart,” she said.

In the five years since her diagnosis, Goodacre says she’s continued to take Tamoxifen, an estrogen modular that helps halt breast cancer — but that the negative side effects, like weight gain, have been difficult to deal with.

“I’ve always been a pretty fit person, and so to be just rounder and heavier and not to really be able to do much about it — that’s been hard,” she said. “It’s taken a lot out of my self-confidence.”

Connick and Goodacre — who tied the knot in 1994 — explained that since she’s been in remission for five years now, it felt like the right time to share their battle with the world.

“It wasn’t like we were superstitious, like if we said something about being in the clear we’d somehow jinx it,” she said. “But we wanted to be well on the other side of things before we told everybody. The doctors all say that after the five-year mark, things look optimistic, so we’re starting to feel pretty good.”

Goodacre will talk more about her breast cancer battle on Thursday’s episode of her husband’s show “Harry.”

I hope the trend of "heavy issues" isn't the moniker for the new series. We've CSI et al for that!

Kipp