Seeking arrangements success!

MrMiniver

I'm on Seeking, I live in a major Canadian city in the East Coast. Not much success as of yet, but we do not have many "Sugar Daddies" on there, compared to the U.S. When I do change the filter to the closest state (New York), I see pages of men; who are active. Sometimes I wish I was American haha! 

I'm heading back into the business on RentMen, after taking a break due to the COVID situation. I was super stressed with school as well, and we've been in random lock downs. Hopefully, the one we just got out of; is the last one forever. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, guru68 said:

What is up with guys identifying themselves as being non-smokers, and then having a pic of themselves smoking? Particularly when they make no reference to it or 420.

Unfortunately some guys are being completely honest about what they put on profile, some essentially honest and some total BS. I've met a gentleman who listed that he's a non-smoker and social drinker. Only to find that in reality he was a social smoker and a non-drinker. Ultimately seemed like a good guy and had just assumed that most people would find the way he listed the profile more attractive.

I am using this site pretty regularly. I have found that the guys are of a higher caliber, but not quite as sexually adept as on Rentmen. Also they are on the expensive side and tend to be looking for a repeat/regular guy which is fine as long as you are prepared to manage the siutation. A lot more foreplay, wining and dining than a RM in and out thank you...On the plus side it's usually not as transactional and feels more natural. Of course you have to weed through the guys that think you are going to transfer a couple of grand to their account each month for a platonic mentor relationship involving world trqvel and shopping sprees. And those are the ones from places like Cullowee Alabama....

• 1 month later...

I might have finally had some success! Met a cute little college freshman who literally lives just down the street when he's visiting home. He goes to a big state university a couple of hours away. We have some interests in common which is nice. Essentially we just had a sex date which was fine with me. He is the third "frat boy" I've met. I wonder if fraternities put the word out to their members that this site exists. All three of them were just basic sex meetings. But this one was the most fun and seems to have the best chances of becoming an on-going thing.

Good to see that other people are finding success on this site. It has been pretty much a bust for me in the Boston area. I joined after my previous SB (bisexual, unbelievably drop-dead gorgeous from head to foot and everything in-between), after a wonderful 2-year relationship, was convinced by his therapist that if he really plans to marry a woman, he ought to stop cultivating relationships that don't support his going in that direction. Unfortunately, I was very vulnerable at the time we met, and allowed myself to fall DEEPLY, deeply  in love with this sweet, smart, charming adonis.  Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved, I suppose ... but I am now in a dizzying tailspin. In despair at this loss, I joined seeking, and have been not at all impressed. The best-looking guys seem to be charlatans, scammers, or guys who think they can get 4 figures monthly by doing private videos. Ah well, such is the SD life ...

Edited by shadowcatzxxx

I recently met a guy from RM and we were chatting about he got into the biz. He told me it was his gf who started with Seeking Arrangement where she would set up 'dates'  with older men, ask them to pay for gas to meet for dinner, get a free dinner, and then ghost the person. Apparently many college kids use the trick to get free fancy dinners.  She got him to do the same thing ..and that opened him up to seeking more opportunities in the "biz" as he realized he could monetize his youthful good looks.

4 hours ago, jessmapex said:

I recently met a guy from RM and we were chatting about he got into the biz. He told me it was his gf who started with Seeking Arrangement where she would set up 'dates'  with older men, ask them to pay for gas to meet for dinner, get a free dinner, and then ghost the person. Apparently many college kids use the trick to get free fancy dinners.  She got him to do the same thing ..and that opened him up to seeking more opportunities in the "biz" as he realized he could monetize his youthful good looks.

Interesting perspective and can say in my experience that's substantially consistent with what I've heard from the guys from SA who were/are in College and pointed to how they became aware of the site.

Through the years of all the young men I've met who fit in that category,  i think almost 100% of them were first introduced to the site by "girl-friends". And in this case they meant close female College friends who either currently had SD's, themselves or had close girlfriends who did and suggested to the guys (gay and straight) to try it out and see what they were personally comfortable with along the wide spectrum of potential interactions and relationships.

• 2 months later...

I know that this thread is titled "success", but I have to share an amusing sort of "failure". I was looking at a young man's profile and I did what I always do, run image searches on his pictures. So I immediately get a hit on one of the pictures. The geography is right, as is the physical description. The picture match is for an aspiring musician who is not a personal trainer. The profile description says that the guy is a personal trainer. The name on the picture match is also the name of an entirely different guy in the same area who actually is a personal trainer.

So this isn't just catfishing, it's sort of failed catfishing?

It's too bad, the musician guy is cute and I'd be tempted if I thought he was legit.

Still, my thanks to the author for the laughter.

4 minutes ago, guru68 said:

I know that this thread is titled "success", but I have to share an amusing sort of "failure". I was looking at a young man's profile and I did what I always do, run image searches on his pictures. So I immediately get a hit on one of the pictures. The geography is right, as is the physical description. The picture match is for an aspiring musician who is not a personal trainer. The profile description says that the guy is a personal trainer. The name on the picture match is also the name of an entirely different guy in the same area who actually is a personal trainer.

So this isn't just catfishing, it's sort of failed catfishing?

It's too bad, the musician guy is cute and I'd be tempted if I thought he was legit.

Still, my thanks to the author for the laughter.

That sucks. Yeah a LOT of "catfishing" unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, GTMike said:

That sucks. Yeah a LOT of "catfishing" unfortunately. 

And half-assed catfishing at that. The picture matched immediately and gave me the person's name, history, etc - didn't have to work at all to bust that.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, peter803 said:

Are all the good looking fit straight acting guys all on only fans now?

It would seem that way...yes.

Easier to stay home and jerk off for 500 strangers paying you a dollar than to travel to a hotel downtown where a sweaty fat tourist wants to stick his dick in your mouth and have his way with your ass for a hour .

18 hours ago, peter803 said:

Don't really see any guys my type in my area, a major metro in the south. Most are average twinks. Are the good looking fit straight acting guys all on only fans now?

I think it's always been a mix of different types of guys (and sometimes not guys).  But I figure there's people out there looking for different kinds of guys. I suspect the ones who are not conventionally attractive or particularly fit don't end up generating very much interest. But it doesn't cost them anything to try.

My guess is that most guys on OF don't end up making much money. Unless they manage to have a very large, pre-existing social media following they're not going to be discovered on OF. And without constant posting and interesting content they're not going to get many renewals. And I'm sure OF takes a huge cut of the gross income.