Friday Funnies

jackhammer91406

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Dusting" someone is farting near them, then leaving. Maybe that's a local phrase?

"Dutch oven", where you fart in bed under the covers then pull the covers over your head trapping you (and your partner) with the smell is another farting colloquialism.

I'm glad you explained that one. Here's what comes up in the Urban Dictionary:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dusting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV9yvGGNaiQ:26

I hope this doesn't have to be relegated to the pit of the Politics subforum.......

Although in late grade/early high school during JFK's tenure, I had not at that time the sensitivity or sophistication to appreciate his grace, urbanity, wit, and charm. Although, we have had clever-ish presidents since, such as Reagan, Clinton, and Obama, I don't think any ever rose to the heights John Kennedy achieved in these regards.

In these last four years, I'd have been content with logic and complete sentences, if I could have had either. But these years did make me ever so more appreciate JFK and long for the return to an intelligent, educated, well-spoken, and witty president. How utterly refreshing that would be.

Horse with No Name

I'm glad you cleared that one up. I was only a little kid back then. I was thinking of a Canadian band that was popular back then, the Guess Who?

SNL had Kristen Wiig on this weekend. Start at the 3:50 mark for the part of this skit that made me think about all of us! ?

I'm not quite old enough to remember the Secret Word. Was this referring to any specific actress who used to behave somewhat like that on the show?

No comments on this one? Come on, It's amazing!

Well, the only comment I would make would be something my mother told me when I told long, rambling jokes: "The best jokes are the shortest ones."

I'm not quite old enough to remember the Secret Word. Was this referring to any specific actress who used to behave somewhat like that on the show?

It's actually a spoof on the game show Password from the 1960's. But she isn't imitating anyone specific. Just a play on what a celeb from that era would be like. They did this skit multiple times with her when she was a regular.

Well, the only comment I would make would be something my mother told me when I told long, rambling jokes: "The best jokes are the shortest ones."

Well, in this case your mom's criticism of your standup falls short, the video is hilarious.

Were you at least impressed with technical audacity of the video? I mean it is Trump. But, of course, it's not. Or did you just skip the video because you saw it was 3 minutes long? :)

Was your mom funny, generally?

Edited by Rod Hagen