Friday Funnies

jackhammer91406

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of you probably know that the words root and rooted have a particular meaning in Australian vernacular. Suffice to say that no one here would for a moment consider calling a church anything like this.

[MEDIA=twitter]1297150038783623168[/MEDIA]

Not far from me is the "Unitarian Universalist Church of Berkeley". For many years, it was known as the "First Unitarian Church of Berkeley". It is located in Kensington. (I'm not kidding. The property immediately west of it is in El Cerrito.) It isn't hard to imagine why they used the name of the city two miles south of it ....

A second grader came home from her first day of school and said to her grandmother,

"Grandma, guess what? We learned how to make babies today!”

The grandmother, more than a little shocked, tried to keep her cool.

"Oh??" she said, "how do you make babies?"

"It's simple," replied the girl. "You just change 'y' to 'i' and add 'es'."

A man and his wife drove silently down a country road for several miles. An earlier discussion had led to an argument. Neither of them wanted to concede their position. As they passed a barnyard of mules, goats and pigs, the husband asked sarcastically, "Relatives of yours?" "Yep," the wife replied, "in-laws."

Last Thursday marked the 10-year anniversary of this thread. In his original post, Jackhammer wrote, "With the recent path my life has taken, I have found it helpful to try to focus on upbeat things, especially humor (a relative term to be sure). Some of my close friends have taken to sending me jokes. I thought you might like to see a few. If there is interest perhaps I will post some more along the way. "

It is amazing how many times I have come to this thread for a chuckle. Sometimes it was to help relieve stress and other times to get new material to share at a monthly poker game.

It is a great tribute to Jackhammer that this thread has continued after his passing. Thank you Jackhammer! You are missed.

Last Thursday marked the 10-year anniversary of this thread. In his original post, Jackhammer wrote, "With the recent path my life has taken, I have found it helpful to try to focus on upbeat things, especially humor (a relative term to be sure). Some of my close friends have taken to sending me jokes. I thought you might like to see a few. If there is interest perhaps I will post some more along the way. "

It is amazing how many times I have come to this thread for a chuckle. Sometimes it was to help relieve stress and other times to get new material to share at a monthly poker game.

It is a great tribute to Jackhammer that this thread has continued after his passing. Thank you Jackhammer! You are missed.

Thank you, @sam.fitzpatrick! It really has been ten years. I miss my great good friend always. ?

A young man moved into a new apartment and went down to the lobby to put his name on the mailbox. While there, a beautiful young woman came out of the apartment next to the mailboxes. She was wearing a somewhat revealing robe.

The young man smiled at the woman and she started a conversation with him. As they talked, her robe slipped open, and it was obvious that she had nothing else on. The poor kid broke into a sweat trying to maintain only eye contact. After a few minutes, she placed her hand on his arm and said, "Let's go to my apartment, I hear someone coming."

He followed her into her apartment. She closed the door and leaned against it, allowing her robe to fall off completely. Now nude, she purred at him, "What would you say is my best feature?"

Flustered and embarrassed, he finally squeaked, "It's got to be your ears."

Astounded, and a little hurt she asked, "My ears? Are you kidding? Look at these breasts; they are full and bouncy and 100% natural. I work out every day and my butt is firm and solid. Look at my skin - no blemishes anywhere. How can you think that the best part of my body is my ears?"

Clearing his throat, he stammered , "Outside, when you said you heard someone coming.... that was me."

Bob told his work friend, Lee, that he was ready to to take his annual vacation, then added, "But this year I'm going to do something different."

"Different how?" asked Lee.

"Well, three years ago, you said to go to Hawaii. And I did. And my wife got pregnant."

"Then, two years ago, you advised going to the Bahamas. So I did. And my wife got pregnant again."

"Last year you said Tahiti was the in place for vacations, so Tahiti it was. And the wife got pregnant again."

"So, what will do different this year" asked Lee.

"This year," Bob said, "I'm taking the wife with me."

The little girl was eating watermelon and her mother noticed that she was swallowing the seeds. “If you swallow watermelon seeds”, her mother warned, “a watermelon plant can start to grow inside you and your belly can get so big that you will need an operation.” The girl stopped swallowing the seeds. Later in the day, her mother’s friend, who was 7 months pregnant stopped for a visit. The little girl patted the woman’s belly, smiled at her and said, “I’ll bet I know what you’ve been doing.”

Burning-rubble_Care-my-cars-min.jpg?resize=1000%2C667&ssl=1

To repeat here my entry in the Imaginary Perfect Boyfriend thread:

Doctor to a young male patient: "Do you smoke after sex?"

Patient: "I don't know, I've never looked."

That's called burning rubber in my case, since I always play safely! :D

Melania bought her husband a parrot for his birthday. She told a friend, "The bird is so smart! Donald has already taught him to pronounce over 200 words!"

"Wow, that's pretty impressive," said the friend, "but you realize that he just says the words. He doesn't really understand what they mean."

"That's OK," Melania replied, "neither does the parrot."