Friday Funnies

jackhammer91406

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True story. A couple of days ago, I made an online grocery order at my local “K” for pickup. I ordered what I thought was one pound of green beans at $1.69/pound. I brought up the item and clicked +1 assuming one pound, right? So I picked up the order and as I was unpacking, found a small plastic produce sack with one fucking green bean!

I looked at the receipt, and sure enough, I was charged $.02 — that’s nuts. Who the hell buys one damn green bean? I plan to make some veggie soup so I guess I’ll toss in the lonely legume and savor it slowly.

Damn it. At least now that I’m vaccinated I suppose I can go back to “real” shopping. I ordered a “bunch” of tomatoes today. The “picker” must hate me. Here’s my “bunch” .... jeez ...

2-F9-C3737-B2-A3-40-AC-ADF2-7-E3-F883728-B7.jpg

just-canadian-things_o_2988889.jpg

From the Philippines, we first moved to Brandon, Manitoba. While my poor mother was absolutely traumatized by the cold, my brother & I had the time of our lives playing in the snow. There are tons of pictures of us in our little snowsuits, as if a Canadian prairie winter were heaven on earth. Alas, 16 years in Las Vegas has turned me into a hothouse flower.

From the Philippines, we first moved to Brandon, Manitoba. While my poor mother was absolutely traumatized by the cold, my brother & I had the time of our lives playing in the snow. There are tons of pictures of us in our little snowsuits, as if a Canadian prairie winter were heaven on earth. Alas, 16 years in Las Vegas has turned me into a hothouse flower.

I can totally relate to the suffering of your mother.

I would NEVER EVER consider living in Manitoba.

I wouldn't like to spend my last years in Toronto either.

Thinking of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico; Boquete, Panama; or Cuenca, Ecuador.

Surrounded by lots of hot Latin boys :p

Edited by orville

Wow. There's Canada cold, and then there's Manitoba cold. I'm wondering what went into moving from the Philippines to Manitoba. A friend and I actually stopped there for lunch fairly recently, on a drive from Regina to Winnipeg in July 2019. The border agent was taken aback by our trajectory. We were on a small highway between Theodore Roosevelt National Park to Regina. Probably a very isolated border post.

I can totally relate to the suffering of your mother.

I would NEVER EVER consider living in Manitoba.

I wouldn't like to spend my last years in Toronto either.

Thinking of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico; Boquete, Panama; or Cuenca, Ecuador.

Surrounded by lots of hot Latin boys :p

Puerto Vallarta is one of the most wonderful places in the world for gay people. The summers are apparently pretty brutal, though (never been in the summer). Many snowbirds flock around cities with more moderate temperatures if they want to live year-round, such as nearby Ajijic, or San Miguel de Allende.

Ajijic is located 1,538 metres (5,046 ft) above sea level in the vast Central Mexican Plateau that is home to the Sierra Madre Occidental mountain range.

The Chapala Lake basin has a year-round average temperature of about 19 °C (66 °F). Due to Ajijic's tropical latitude, the sun is warm year-round; due to its relatively high elevation, it is seldom unpleasantly hot or humid. The rainy season begins in June and lasts until October. The average rainfall is 793 millimetres (31.2 in). Even during the rainy season, precipitation generally occurs during the evening or at night.

December and January are the coolest months, with nighttime lows just above 4 °C (39 °F). May is the hottest month, just before the beginning of the rainy season.

Overall, there is very little temperature variation year round: daytime highs in January are around 24 °C (75 °F); while daytime highs in May range from 27 °C (81 °F) to 32 °C (90 °F).

Ajijic_Plaza_Portrait.jpg

Regarding SMdA:

Despite being less than 5% of the total municipal population, foreign residents have considerable cultural and economic impact. Most foreign residents are retirees from the United States, Canada, and Europe attracted by the mild climate, cultural opportunities, and low crime. It is only a ten-hour drive from the U.S. border. Many of the home buyers are from this segment of the population as well. Estimates of foreign residents range from 20,000 to 25,000, with at least half of these from the United States. The large foreign presence has established a number of institutions here, most notably the Biblioteca Pública in the former convent of Santa Ana, which has the second-largest English-language book collection in Mexico and serves as a community center for foreigners. There is also a chapter of the Lion's Club (est. 1987). A post of the American Legion and the Veterans of Foreign Wars is located there, as well as Mexico's only Audubon Society chapter.

San_Miguel_de_Allende_Collage.jpg

Edited by Unicorn

Took me a couple of seconds...

ExWQo6QXAA0qcOh?format=jpg&name=medium

This from the man who forwarded the "Horse with no name" joke. You must enjoy these references to 70s songs.... Do you get them from the same place? I guess when I'm stumped by one of the jokes you've forwarded, I'm gonna have to think back to 70s songs... ;)

This from the man who forwarded the "Horse with no name" joke. You must enjoy these references to 70s songs.... Do you get them from the same place? I guess when I'm stumped by one of the jokes you've forwarded, I'm gonna have to think back to 70s songs... ;)

Pure coincidence. And yes I did find them in the same place, if you consider Twitter to be one 'place'. I like jokes where the humour is indirect and you have to think your way through two or more steps of reasoning.